Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree geo, they spike up and spike up some more then when you think thats it they have one final spike up and the last ones usuually big, then come tumbling down like all hells broke loose. Completly nuts.

You can see why forex is so good for long term trades to smooth out all that noise - although looking at the daily charts all that lovely trending we had in the first six months is all going sideways now.

With all this spiking, you just can't call anything over/under sold - you just have to work on the levels and ATR methinks

Fresnillo

Nice short on Fresnillo today!

Caught that train and got off one stop before the end.

Got to leave now, catch up with you guys later.

Happy trading!

Certainly a lot of hesitation at 13900 big number monster! :)

A nice +21 there though LL!

Certainly a lot of hesitation at 13900 big number monster! :)

A nice +21 there though LL!

Yes, that spooked me also - anything near those round numbers causes me hesitation.

I keep my charts coded for what I expect and what I should do, then try to forget why so i can just mechanically trade it, only to then get nervous when I am in the trade that I can't remember the initial reason....oh the psychology...

Looking for shorts soon on FTSE now around 4140/50 depending how price reacts here

i'm looking for some nice shorts too, i really need to get some sun on my legs... :cheesy:

i'm looking for some nice shorts too, i really need to get some sun on my legs... :cheesy:

I think DAX would have been nice long after the consolidation between S1 @ 4954 and 4600 - my buy signal would have been great there. Woulda coulda shoulda....

Its near pivot @ 4632 and the top of my daily channel - move through here could bring ftse some upside?

Oil above 60$...

Short ftse 4145

Can i ask why you have gone short now? I am contemplating the same possi but reluctant to pull the trigger. Whats your target, and SL. Tell me to get lost and mind my own business by all means, but I find reading other peoples views etc invaluable.

Can i ask why you have gone short now? I am contemplating the same possi but reluctant to pull the trigger. Whats your target, and SL. Tell me to get lost and mind my own business by all means, but I find reading other peoples views etc invaluable.

It is best to sit on sidelines at present ..........

remain neutral and wait for direction .........

4000 is a real possibility but that means several stocks breaking out on the downside, if you can find any please post on the bog..........

lets see how many we can find

4000 is a real possibility but that means several stocks breaking out on the downside, if you can find any please post on the bog..........

Vodafone, one of FTSE top weighted, is the only one poss I can see at a glance - now at monthly low, dbl bottom?

i want short because i thought it wasnt going to break past 4150 but i guess i was wrong. I'm stil lwaiting to close this position

is 4000 a possibility today looks a bit far off

is 4000 a possibility today looks a bit far off

yes it certainly is........maybe not today but definitely trading below 4100

ingredients required

Euro breaks through 1.385 convincingly

pound break through 1.6 convincingly

Oil is very weak ...........apparently the only reason it went upto $70 is because of a rogue trader who lost millions for a company
PVM Loses Almost $10 Million in Rogue Crude Oil Futures Trades - Bloomberg.com
If oil breaks $59 then down we go with ferocity

If 875 breaks today then it is going to be one powerful move down to 840

If nasdaq breaks 1400 ....then powerful move down to 1350

that alone can cause FTSE to disintegrate

Status
Not open for further replies.