Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bund trade lining up for after lunch:

If it pulls back to the 70-80 level, I think this could be a nice trade to hold onto for the week. I know you guys mostly day trade, but no reason to not be able to take some of the meat intraday.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 93
Its the past move, I thought, that is relevant. Buyers and sellers approach the 'fresh new' move looking at a % retracement level of the previous move at which to get involved.

You only know what is a key point after the event, fibs aren't prescriptive.

EDIT: so DB you mean for example the high of this falling bar on the 5M would be the extreme, not the previous, but the low at 09.25 is your bottom pivot? as an eg, I know its 5M

I feel we've all been here before and I stored away these posts somewhere....

to clarify, instead of taking the measurement from the high of the end of an upswing, you take the measurement from the high of the next bar, so not the end of the the last movement, but the very beginning of the next one.

and, not from the lowest low from a bottom, but the first retracement from a jump from that bottom...but this is only to take a measurement in an a larger TF up cycle.

i don't know about where u take things from in a down cycle.

this is just something i read btw (and have tested on an equity that i monitor which is respecting my fibs) so i may have misinterpreted it, as i'm fairly clueless. :)

Bund trade lining up for after lunch:

If it pulls back to the 70-80 level, I think this could be a nice trade to hold onto for the week. I know you guys mostly day trade, but no reason to not be able to take some of the meat intraday.

apologies for the irrelevance of this post trace, and i don't mean any offence by asking, but, is your name the boys version of tracey or the ladies version of tracey:?: :)

to clarify, instead of taking the measurement from the high of the end of an upswing, you take the measurement from the high of the next bar, so not the end of the the last movement, but the very beginning of the next one.

and, not from the lowest low from a bottom, but the first retracement from a jump from that bottom...but this is only to take a measurement in an a larger TF up cycle.

i don't know about where u take things from in a down cycle.

this is just something i read btw (and have tested on an equity that i monitor which is respecting my fibs) so i may have misinterpreted it, as i'm fairly clueless. :)

Ok I getcha

Nice to have you back DB. Did you give yourself the wet fish treatment?:)

not back to trade mate...just to monitor, i'm going to try and stick to an aspect of my trading plan that i've neglected recently, which is 'two bad calls takes me out for the day'...(and by that i don't mean two sisters called 'Bad-Call' take me to dinner, unfortunately :cheesy:).

apologies for the irrelevance of this post trace, and i don't mean any offence by asking, but, is your name the boys version of tracey or the ladies version of tracey:?: :)

My money's on the surname version :smart:

Don't live on a Pacific island and have access to cool flying machines that go around saving people by any chance, Traceyjc? :LOL:

Yup unfortunately its a Sur-name guys! It'd be nice to get a female traders perspective in here, we only have one female trader in my place though so I'd say they're few and far between!

Yup unfortunately its a Sur-name guys! It'd be nice to get a female traders perspective in here, we only have one female trader in my place though so I'd say they're few and far between!

Does being a woman trapped in a man's body count?

According to some source; female traders have more advantage of being successful if you look from the pshychology side....Best bet would be to get your wife/girlfriends involved and work together?!

On trading side of things, footsie is eager to hit back ti 4270 main PP, but something is holding it back.

HAHAH...sorry mate, i'll stop calling you 'trace' :eek:

i must admit, whilst it's great having you post your valuable insight...i did think it would have been quite cool having a female perspective..never mind! :LOL:

Newbie alert!!

Newbie here!

Just a question - i appreciate we had a major sell of yesterday and we may have a further sell off at some point today.
But on the charts all i see, at present is bullish patterns and info.

4 hr chart is a nice proud green candle, 60 mins is has more upward movement than down although flattening out, 10 mins have seen two bull flag plays and again on the 5 min chart.

I was therefore wondering, what analysis people were using or is it personal sentiment?

I am just playing devils advocat.

In the broader, wider scheme of things today "could be" a consolidation, light movement or even up day in a greater longer term chart pattern.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.