Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
oil...hit a brick wall
25 day candles of oilb.the brent etf
gold..going nowhere.25 day candles of gold etf..iau

Attachments

• Chart of OILB.gif
    Chart of OILB.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Chart of IAU.gif
    Chart of IAU.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 118
I can see why you left RIM blank!

Stalled at mide range of the huge September gap, now showing bearish divergence RSI and a break of 7150 means it would be in no man's land in the previous gap range, major support not evident until 6000 and then gap could take us down to 4000! But will be interesting to see if the current steep drop is seen as an opportunity to buy by some (or many...).

welcome , welcome my friend

I fell asleep whilst doing my analysis, I will put up the charts too

The 50MA is hardcore.

Which MAs do you refer to when you mention neckties, WS?

50 and 20 MA

but a neck tie with 200 MA is stronger S/R...........

look at FTSE for example

last week quiet a lot of people were in the bear camp and forecasting the FTSE break the 4300 and trade down to 4000

I was of the contrary opinion , why?

Answer : Necktie ............200 & 50 MA............!! always provide crucial support!!
but there were other factors as well such as currencies and stocks........

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (19-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (19-JUN-09).png
    20.6 KB · Views: 120
50 and 20 MA

but a neck tie with 200 MA is stronger S/R...........

look at FTSE for example

last week quiet a lot of people were in the bear camp and forecasting the FTSE break the 4300 and trade down to 4000

I was of the contrary opinion , why?

Answer : Necktie ............200 & 50 MA............!! always provide crucial support!!
but there were other factors as well such as currencies and stocks........

Thanks a lot WS, I've been trying to evaluate different types of resistance on different timeframes, the above is v helpful cheers - and I can cast my mind back recently to the 4300 moment you describe above!

stuff from chartwatchers newsletter

Attachments

• gldch.png
    gldch.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 147
  • spx.png
    spx.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 147
  • vixch.png
    vixch.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 141
  • swen.png
    swen.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
sorry for the spam, but what aesthetically pleasing charts...quite mesmerising.

the first one looks like a distant high mountain range, with a tree line below it and desert canyons in the foreground with a blue river running at the bottom.

or maybe i just need to lay off the gear for a while...(joke) :cheesy:

just briefly, i see bearish osc div on the SPX from may to june peaks.

for the FTSE, strong resistance by lower channel lines that have been breached and are now acting as res, on price and separately on RSI, also 21MA on the daily is being tested as res.

Last edited:
sorry for the spam, but what aesthetically pleasing charts...quite mesmerising.

the first one looks like a distant high mountain range, with a tree line below it and desert canyons in the foreground with a blue river running at the bottom.

or maybe i just need to lay off the gear for a while...(joke) :cheesy:

whatever you are on get me some. fear and loathing style.

bat country!

here's my simplistic view on things, that 125MA is hovering ominously close to the 4150 zone...ooOOOOoohhh. (< ghost impression)

obviously this all means nothing if we pop these levels, but, hey. mystic meg i'm not.

Attachments

• FTSE 19TH JUNE.JPG
    FTSE 19TH JUNE.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 132
I thought I would get the crayons out as well DB :)

Post match analysis for FT - will be watching black downward TL tommorow. I have funny hours set btw, 0800 - 2100, apparently this is what etx do, and not 24h. Would have loved to make predictions for tommorow, but I'm not septic peg ;)

But, GBP/USD could have made a double top, so dollar strength may lead to market fall, if I understand correctly.

Good luck all for tommorow.

Attachments

• ftH1_210609.jpg
    ftH1_210609.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 134
btw does anyone on here play Battlefield 2 online?!

i dont play games, havent had a console since the megadrive. the last pc game i played was command and conquer red alert - i played it for about 8 hours a day.

im retro mate - kid of the 80's played a bit of xbox dont like it. thought the ps3 was pish posh. like the wii - bit basic but like the idea of knocking vases over and smashing pictures trying to box and chop peoples heads off.

i like street fighter and fifa on the consoles but thats about eeet.

probably gonna get a wii i reck.

I thought I would get the crayons out as well DB :)

Post match analysis for FT - will be watching black downward TL tommorow. I have funny hours set btw, 0800 - 2100, apparently this is what etx do, and not 24h. Would have loved to make predictions for tommorow, but I'm not septic peg ;)

But, GBP/USD could have made a double top, so dollar strength may lead to market fall, if I understand correctly.

Good luck all for tommorow.

nice chart. looks like its up then with that h & s formation.

geo where did you get a place - im looking for a flat. seen one in kesgrave but nothing around really inspiring, was gonna get somewhere in the country but the adsl out there is non existent!

A rally in the next few days could complete a very nice inverted head & shoulders, the confirmation being a chunky resistance area, could be exciting...

(Edit: Francis quicker...)

nice chart. looks like its up then with that h & s formation.

geo where did you get a place - im looking for a flat. seen one in kesgrave but nothing around really inspiring, was gonna get somewhere in the country but the adsl out there is non existent!

Hi Francis

I'm out in Tunstall, north of WBridge, and ADSL is 576k! Whhhooppppeeee! It's great out here though, I just like the quiet, after having lived in a very busy area for 10+ years.

Maybe we will retest 4400, and more, but I'm in the bear camp TBH - will try to trade what I see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.