Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning ............what a game last night, Pakistan beat South Africa!!

market will fall initially and then I will look to go long

market has built a support around the 4250 level and we will be trading back above 4300 today

Reason :

1. oil holding steady and remains above $70

2. currencies stable - Euro holding 1.385 and GBp holding 1.625 level

3. VIX is showing weaknes and prducing lower highs & lower lows

4. Nasdaq which is the market leader so S&P is holding 1450-1440 support level really well

5. UK stocks seem to be stabilising and holding suppprt levels .....look at barclays and Legal and genereal for example!!

Chart below is 1 hr month.................downtrend line was broken yesterday!!

I believe we will test the support and then trade back up above 4300

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (19-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (19-JUN-09).png
    20.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
good summary wallstreet -- a doji candle yesterday on the 1 day ftse chart and bullish divergence on macd would be further supporting signs of an imminent rise. strong direction of the ftse in the first few bars seems often to be a good clue of the opposite direction playing out, in the AM at least.

Morning all!

Word to the wise, it's Quadruple Witching day today. This means that ALL options expire today and there's a rollover on the June equity future contracts. There's going to be a lot of volatility with people hedging/rolling over contracts/meeting option requirments, I would'nt stay in trades too long as some big funds are bound to come in and buy/sell with BIG size. If you're up, take it!

morning all, thanks for sharing your analysis WS.

asian markets up.

bearish osc div on these last 2 out of hours peaks, although the drop it signalled my have already played itself out.

blimey, wish i still had that open, never mind.

i was looking at old channel lines as res and not my S+R levels.

btw i will post that chart at some point for you kaisen...just not got round to it yet.

could i just forward an almost pointless motion to the 'WS thread committee' that we all get avatars:?:

Good Morning ............what a game last night, Pakistan beat South Africa!!

market will fall initially and then I will look to go long

market has built a support around the 4250 level and we will be trading back above 4300 today

Reason :

1. oil holding steady and remains above $70

2. currencies stable - Euro holding 1.385 and GBp holding 1.625 level

3. VIX is showing weaknes and prducing lower highs & lower lows

4. Nasdaq which is the market leader so S&P is holding 1450-1440 support level really well

5. UK stocks seem to be stabilising and holding suppprt levels .....look at barclays and Legal and genereal for example!!

Chart below is 1 hr month.................downtrend line was broken yesterday!!

I believe we will test the support and then trade back up above 4300

so we got the initial fall as forecasted

now we are holding 4270 level really well!!

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (19-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (19-JUN-09).png
    23.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Hi GMorning All,
I trade the FTSE Z futures and they are trading at a 30 point discount to the market!

I am newbie, so any views on this will help.
Thanks

The FTSE has been in backwardation (future<cash) for some time now, it's a lot to do with dividend pay-outs and so on. You can arbitrage it with a FTSE ETF or some other product but a lot of people do it so you'd need to be fast and sharp!

And in case you didn't know, the contract goes from Z M9-EEI to Z U9-EEI today so don't trade the M contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.