Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
at some point this afternoon a transposed version of a down channel's upper wall (that geo provided yesterday) will cross carlos' 15min up channel.

depending on which lower level of the up channel you use (i currently have 2) it will happen either at 2.10pm or 3.10pm.

of course this is only if it continues to respect these channels.

dow has given up most of its gains from overnight

any market moving data being released today ?

US durable goods orders, 12.30 gmt is that 1.30pm ?

Last edited:
eyes open on treasury bills,until some stabiisation ocurrs
has the market priced in gm bankruptcy.......

3 minutes before data release i will place two orders, one buy stop 10pts above market with 10pts stop and a sell stop 10pts below with a 10pt stop,

at some point this afternoon a transposed version of a down channel's upper wall (that geo provided yesterday) will cross carlos' 15min up channel.

depending on which lower level of the up channel you use (i currently have 2) it will happen either at 2.10pm or 3.10pm.

of course this is only if it continues to respect these channels.

i'm not sure that ascending channel is valid now mr blix..

a breakout trought the bottom now has me seeign a reverse triangle on the 15 min

eyes open on treasury bills,until some stabiisation ocurrs
has the market priced in gm bankruptcy.......

Dentist can you please keep us updated in that area my friend, the market hinges on that piece of information today as it impacts the US dollar?

i'm not sure that ascending channel is valid now mr blix..

a breakout trought the bottom now has me seeign a reverse triangle on the 15 min

i depends on where you take your outside reading for the channel carlos. i have a lower channel floor, in line with spikes from previous days, it's still in play for me, and being respected.

i'll post my chart later :)

shame i closed my long, could have had 8 pts when it respected my upper channel...

3 minutes before data release i will place two orders, one buy stop 10pts above market with 10pts stop and a sell stop 10pts below with a 10pt stop,

I Used to do exactly the same thing by using my CMC account. It works,but the point is
At times,these SB's don't give the right price due to slippage.Also they take their own time to execute the trade making sure the market is not in your favour.
Good luck for you today.

Let us know how you get on

I suppose for volatility its better to place the stop orders on DAX not ftse, it should travel further ?

i depends on where you take your outside reading for the channel carlos. i have a lower channel floor, in line with spikes from previous days, it's still in play for me, and being respected.

i'll post my chart later :)

shame i closed my long, could have had 8 pts when it respected my upper channel...

true.. though i would have assumed the slump down to 4352 area would have been considered significant enough to be a breakout of sorts.

fast trader7 thanks , orders at 4356/76 expiring at 13.32

both orders expired untouched

Last edited:
post data market neutral..............

but they do say one should wait 15 mins before gauging market reaction

im off out speak later

true.. though i would have assumed the slump down to 4352 area would have been considered significant enough to be a breakout of sorts.

no carlos, a break out is only a break out when it is confirmed, (by bars opening outside the range, and final confirmation is when it retraces back and is then finally rejected outside the range) otherwise it's just noise on the outskirts of your range...remember, no fixed points, no 'perfect' levels, just fluid approximations.

Status
Not open for further replies.