Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be right, I would want to see some nice pin bars on the hourly before shorting to be safe. Probably safer to do nothing whilst we're range bound between 4300 and 4500I guess. This range bound stuff is not easy is it! :)

I say do nothing, because I am thinking of a long term position. I suppose those RSI MACD divergences on the daily are swaying me slightly.

Ok, well for now, better to go with the main trend, and take today as a pivot, and not a fake move, despite my suspicions. Damn, if the pivot FTP thing really does work, it could be solid gold! :party:

keep testing it, get some input from the new forum section too, iron out any bugs that might pop up...then let it rip :!:

why are u suspecting a bull trap geo? if it's because of that osc divergence from the two 'boobies' recently, surely that's been wiped out now by todays move? the divergence may just have signalled the final down-side of the last 'boob'?

EDIT: by 'boobies' i mean the double top. and geo, i'm all for the concept of a bull trap, as i really want the FTSE to drop, but if you want to go through any thoughts you may have send me a PM.

keep testing it, get some input from the new forum section too, iron out any bugs that might pop up...then let it rip :!:

why are u suspecting a bull trap geo? if it's because of that osc divergence from the two 'boobies' recently, surely that's been wiped out now by todays move? the divergence may just have signalled the final down-side of the last 'boob'?

EDIT: by 'boobies' i mean the double top. and geo, i'm all for the concept of a bull trap, as i really want the FTSE to drop, but if you want to go through any thoughts you may have send me a PM.

Yeah I got the double top boobies metaphor :LOL: I'll pm you.

Is that a deformed cup-and-handle I see before me on the ftse? From about 7.45 last night? And a mini one this morning ....

EDIT at 0812 - nope.

i can see a complete dinner service, with a matching condiment set ;)

similar chop to yesterdays opening. despite what your historical pivot calcs may read...so far this morning it is 4429.

for those that are interested and using SB rolling daily prices..ftse carmilla parker bowles pivots

H4 4498 Long breakout
H3 4459 SHORT
H2 4445
H1 4432

L1 4406
L2 4393
L3 4379 LONG
L4 4340 Short breakout

sorry late call here.. but long 4432.8 no set tp sl 4417.8 out @ 4438 +6 incl spread

Last edited:
did you calculate those yourself carlos? i don't have much faith in the figures i've seen on web sites...

Hey guys, thought I'd just post up a quick chart and my views on where I think its gonna be headed.

So as you can see there are veeerry obvious S/R levels here, and a double top that formed at 4500. My view is that I'm short if we fail to breach the 4450 resistance level, with a target of at least 4300 where the lower support is. Breaching that then who knows, it may just plummet into oblivion :LOL:

If we do breach 4450 then I would be tempted for a long to 4500 where I predict we'll see a triple top. A sustained move higher than about 4530 and I would be tempted to take a very cautious long again. Failure to break higher and I would be short.

Anywho, just my 2p :whistling

Attachments

• FTSE-1.jpg
    FTSE-1.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 103
long 4424, looking for it to chop back to 443-odd...knowing my luck it'll probably get stuck at 4429 and bomb...

cut it manually for 4 pts loss, thought i may have been able to ride this chop...but should have know better with my bad timing :whistling

Last edited:
did you calculate those yourself carlos? i don't have much faith in the figures i've seen on web sites...

mr blix.. yes.. i found the formula and xferred to a spread sheet..thus far they seem to hold up imo..though i stress the prices i am using are the rolling daily which are the approx same prices on CS and IG and poss other SB firms.. the real time UKX price may well differ.

s/sheet attached if you'd like it

:rambo:

Attachments

• Camarilla Sheet.xls
    15 KB · Views: 148
mr blix.. yes.. i found the formula and xferred to a spread sheet..thus far they seem to hold up imo..though i stress the prices i am using are the rolling daily which are the approx same prices on CS and IG and poss other SB firms.. the real time UKX price may well differ.

s/sheet attached if you'd like it

:rambo:

cheers carlos :)

wonderfully symmetrical start we've had this morning:

Attachments

• ftse 27may.JPG
    ftse 27may.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.