Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
res area even more well defined

Attachments

• verywell.gif
    verywell.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 100
well as per i've made more bad calls than good today, i think i'll call it quits after clawing back 10 pts (woohoo, i might be able to afford an ice lolly out of that:cheesy:)

i'm going to enjoy the sun as i normally do even worse when the US opens.

good luck everyone for this sarvo, i'll keep popping back to see how things are going (when the sun gets a bit too much)...and remember...

you should always be keen to learn...but even keener to earn ;)

whats happend ? dax recovered by 60+ pips and s&p sitting at -1.3 for the day (IG price) after being -8.0

us $ index up on the day

just woke up from my siesta

what happened ? US $ dollar just happened............

weak data = weak US $ = look at eur and gbp - they have just picked up which means weaker dollar

weak $ = market up

keep this formula and you will have an edge

my FTSE position looking good as I went long again after it hit break even earlier ...Arrr!!

4315 is a very powerful support and 880 level is another strong level for S&P

if someone places two orders before some important news announcement, a buy 10pts above the market and a sell 10pts below both with 10pt stop it would work great

I will also contemplate a short on DAX as fierce resistance @ 4860

downward sloping trend line has made me a lot of money

for get that now........

i was typing away and just saw the markets fly after the consumer confidence data

I am finished for the day

its been whipsaw Tuesday

I think its best if I take my points and call it a day ............

its getting really confusing

consumer confidence data should strengthen a countrys currency against its rivals, but it continues to weaken !!

Does anyone know what happened? is it apple upgrade?
or consumer confidence? But i cannot believe they can move DAX by 100 points in less than 10 minutes. Got hammered. I was short on ftse at 4400.
***** market!

blimey!

hope some of you chaps managed to get a bite out of that move...so much for my theory of a retracement to 3900...heheh. :whistling

Hi everyone! I have been watching this thead since late last week and have enjoyed the helpful nature everyone has shown sharing analysis and ideas etc. I am new to TA and I am trying to keep up with you guys.
I managed to enjoyed 60 pts of the uptrend in two commodity stocks which has left me 8 pips up for the day having been burned on the FTSE earlier!
If I can post anything useful to you guys I will look to contribute.

Keep up the good work!

Do you think this was a pivot day then Dr. B?

I will be watching the 4444 area for a potential short, should we get there. Contrarian I know!

Do you think this was a pivot day then Dr. B?

I will be watching the 4444 area for a potential short, should we get there. Contrarian I know!

yeah i'd say it was a pivot mate, we've moved 120 pts or so (from the days low-high).

at a guess i'd say that puts todays bandwidth in line with some of the other pivots (18th may?) you have on your chart on HW's thread?

not sure about a short against the strength of this move up geo! but (i should put this in my signature) i'm usually wrong :)

yeah i'd say it was a pivot mate, we've moved 120 pts or so (from the days low-high).

at a guess i'd say that puts todays bandwidth in line with some of the other pivots (18th may?) you have on your chart on HW's thread?

not sure about a short against the strength of this move up geo! but (i should put this in my signature) i'm usually wrong :)

You could be right, I would want to see some nice pin bars on the hourly before shorting to be safe. Probably safer to do nothing whilst we're range bound between 4300 and 4500I guess. This range bound stuff is not easy is it! :)

I say do nothing, because I am thinking of a long term position. I suppose those RSI MACD divergences on the daily are swaying me slightly.

Ok, well for now, better to go with the main trend, and take today as a pivot, and not a fake move, despite my suspicions. Damn, if the pivot FTP thing really does work, it could be solid gold! :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.