Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool...thanks.. but if you know at +10 you will amned is there not a trailing stop function you can use so it auto kicks in?

there is no facility to do it automatically on CMC ..........

i am contemplating finding another good CFD provider at present, I have been reading a lot of negative reviews on CMC lately

please dont laugh.. my first ever attempt at some chart TA
w/o factors of otther markets ...cant help feeling that 4304 is the resistance/support that will test where its headed..

Attachments

• 1hour.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 81
def res at 4300 carlos, but i also have a spike at 4294 on the 14th may, so i'd say short at 4294-0 to be more sure?

i'd also wait for a resistance confirmation by a retracement back up the 4295-ish to be a bit more confident too.

but then again i'm always wrong!

welcome, welcome my friend

please contribute and share your analysis and ideas

everybody is a rookie here

Thank you! :) When I found this thread earlier on, I was glad to read that no-one else could see any signals either, much ....

I use 2, 5 and 15minute candlecharts on tradefair ... there's a signal at 0830 for me, which would give 11 points net if I'd closed after 10 mins. And the big dip after 11am is signalled on my system at 1105, would've given an 8 point profit, tho if I could get my head around trailing the stoploss I'd still be in, and currently at a 19 net profit.

My problem isn't the technical knowledge, its managing to get in .... thats why its good to be *here* :cheesy:

I'd be out right now .... on my chart its *very* near a big support line on the daily chart.

if this pin bar remains in tact on the lower boli on the 5 min.. = retracemnet of sorts..

pin bar stayed nicked +3 incl spread no tp - default stop in place.

gosh .. shoulda stayed in :-(

Last edited:
if this pin bar remains in tact on the lower boli on the 5 min.. = retracemnet of sorts..

pin bar stayed nicked +3 incl spread no tp - default stop in place.

gosh .. shoulda stayed in :-(

what position did you open carlos?

manually hit trade as quick as i could when the next 5 min bar opened.. got 4299.3 and out at 4303

oh sorry long.. doh.

heheh...you're a regular FTSE ninja carlos! :LOL: it's not 'track and field' you know! (although that video game was probably before your time :))

not that i want to preach to someone who does far better than i do, but, i've just been reading that you should try to look for 1:3 R/R ratio?

heheh...you're a regular FTSE ninja carlos! :LOL: it's not 'track and field' you know! (although that video game was probably before your time :))

not that i want to preach to someone who does far better than i do, but, i've just been reading that you should try to look for 1:3 R/R ratio?

1:3 R/R ratio is for experienced traders with several years experience that have the ability to discern the chart patterns and have excellent timing with entry and exit skills.....

we will all get there one day my friend

but you are right we should certainly attempt to find trades that fit that criteria

i agree mr blix.. 1:1 at least or close would be cool.. but my style is such that at the moment i feel comfotable building slowly slowy and nicking what i can.. +10-+15 a day prof is gonna be enough expecially if i eventually build the bank and top up with some investment(dependdant on results) and go £25-£50 a pip..long way off yet.. this may stretch the bank for an interim agreesive period.. but as long as it comes out the other end in tact a more longer outlook will become more cautious as the % stake remains but bank increases. more strategies and markets will follow for me....but need to concentrate on this and nail it if i can.

ok carlos, like i said, don't want to sound like i'm telling someone what to do when i can't even do it myself!

just sounds a bit worrying when you mention SAS style trades!! i think i'm really mentioning it too because i've done that myself to my detriment (fire off millions of trades for small gains).

probability states that eventually, risking more than you will gain will get you in the end...i'd just hate to see someone make the same mistakes i have (and probably truck loads of other people) and open 5 positions to make the same amount as may have been made in 1 trade.

anyway, ramble over, my risk management sucks so what do i know :)

no probs - i appreciate your words mr blix.. thanks.. i subscribe to that theory as well in part .. however, my trades are based on a strategy or two that i have faith in & i am keeping stats on as to possible pips during and after the trade sequnce.. my RR is offset very conservatively at the mo but the stats are showing so far that i could increase to around at least double where i'm at.. i will continue as is for now and assess at a lter date..

im keen to learn but even keener to earn.. ;-)

track and field.. used to love that game.. dont recall having it for my original atari console tho which is still in the loft ;-)

Last edited:
whats happend ? dax recovered by 60+ pips and s&p sitting at -1.3 for the day (IG price) after being -8.0

us $ index up on the day

Status
Not open for further replies.