Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning ws
long g4s.they will have increased revenue.they will be locking up all sufferers of flu
ha ha
which drug company is doing te vaccine.?
anybody know.?

morning ws
long g4s.they will have increased revenue.they will be locking up all sufferers of flu
ha ha
which drug company is doing te vaccine.?
anybody know.?

Biota shares soar on swine flu outbreak | Markets | News.com.au

SHARES in anti-infective drug developer Biota soared in afternoon trading in the wake of the breakout in swine flu in Mexico and elsewhere.
At 2.57pm (AEST), Biota shares were 68 cents, or 78.16 per cent, higher at $1.55, on a volume of 12.2 million shares.

Biota is the developer of one of two anti-flu drugs - Relenza and Tamiflu - that are being stockpiled by governments around the world in the case of a flu pandemic.

Biota's drug, Relenza, is licensed to global pharmaceutical firm GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).

Swine flu has been blamed for dozens of deaths in Mexico, and the United States has declared a public emergency amid signs that the disease has spread into the US.

Cases have also been confirmed in Canada.

Suspected cases are also being investigated in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and New Zealand.

GlaxoSmithKline, Roche say swine flu strain appears sensitive to Relenza, Tamiflu

Last edited:
asian markets..only hang seng and singapore were the really biggish fallers,avg 2.5%.the otheres were neutral.miners also neutral overnight

So where do we go from here ?

I think oil will be the key.............can it sustain the rise above $50 on the back of bearish news

US Banks sold off late in the session post stress test news so we could see some down side early Monday for UK banks
Barclay is at resistance so that could be a reason to short it

FTSE weekend analysis

1 year , daily - looking bullish

monster trendline taken out...........potential double top forming!!

next target if break out resumes will be 4310

lets wait and see

3 month , 4 hr chart...........

pretty self evident here, potential double top and back down we go based on previous double top we have a higher high which subsequently led to a fall.

strategy for Monday 27th April

1 week , 10 min

< 4140 - I will short market providing oil is falling

> 4175 - I will go long market providing oil is appreciating

going well so far ........4090-4070 is my target.........

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................back in 30mins

Financials seem to be weathering the storm...........I thought the likes of barclays and lloyds would have fallen harder !!

Miners sold off initially but seem to be making a recovery !!
closed my short on AAL from friday..............vicious move down to 1355!! looks a good buy to me now ........

I have gone long on BP ............ 469 .......stop loss 455(200 MA)!!

target 480 - 485 - 490

Good morning dentist

how did the miners perform in the asian markets?

Thanks for the other suggestions

Easyjet & ryanair both have something in common, they have reached resistance on a yearly chart!!

I am going to get a quick cat nap

be back fresh for trading at 8.00 pronto

I am off work for next 2 days...........yippeee!!

huge gap downs on the both companies ...............already factored in the news!!

I will short on a pullback............ Easyjet ideal short would be at 325 (200 MA)

854 next possible support, but 850 will be a good buy as neck-tie with 50 & 20 MA on S&P

Oil holds the key - can it hold above $50........................it has already failed $51 level

formula

oil < $50 market fails to trade upto 4300 level and goes below 4000

oil > $50 ..........4300 is inevitable

financials will be weak come Monday morning and I will certainly be shorting them............

Mining sector is one to watch ...............if it shows weakness along with oil and banks then Iwill certainly open up the shorts

Anglo American is looking very top heavy ...............

goodnight

oil is now below $50 a barrel and BP is still rallying!!.............hmmmm....!!

I am going to close my position on BP @ 472.9 for a small profit!!

OK 1st target hit ..............I will take profit on 2 contracts and leave 1 contract trailing stop loss 4110!!

trailing stop loss triggered ........

I want to open a short but my only reluctance is the string support on S&P @ 850 .........

Until 850 is taken out on S&P I will not short FTSE!!!

I'm not trading until i get a clear indication of the direction of the market, at the moment it looks bullish, but that can change in seconds

I'm not trading until i get a clear indication of the direction of the market, at the moment it looks bullish, but that can change in seconds

there is only one more variable in my formula that I am waiting for and that is the BANKS..........

I just have this weird feeling we will get some internal leaks out of the Administration relating to certain banks failing the stress test and there will be a sharp fall in the market ............

Will OIL remain below $50 ...........

So lets wait and see ............UNTIL THEN i WILL REMAIN BEARISH!!

its good to have opposing views my friend

there is only one more variable in my formula that I am waiting for and that is the BANKS..........

I just have this weird feeling we will get some internal leaks out of the Administration relating to certain banks failing the stress test and there will be a sharp fall in the market ............

I am also in the bear camp, but on the sidelines due to my charts not giving me clear indications YET!

Oil seems to be bouncing of the 50sma at the moment, with next support level around $48.50. It failed to reach the resistance level around $54.50 so that could be an indication that we are headed south for a while...

For today though I'd keep an eye on the $49.30 level where the 50sma is, the past four 15m candles have all failed to stay below that level.
I think if we see a solid breach below then we'll be staying below $50 for the day.

Just my view anyhow. Great thread btw wallstreet, I read it but don't post a huge amount (y)

Attachments

• oilchart2.jpg
    oilchart2.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 93
Oil seems to be bouncing of the 50sma at the moment, with next support level around $48.50. It failed to reach the resistance level around $54.50 so that could be an indication that we are headed south for a while...

For today though I'd keep an eye on the $49.30 level where the 50sma is, the past four 15m candles have all failed to stay below that level.
I think if we see a solid breach below then we'll be staying below $50 for the day.

Just my view anyhow. Great thread btw wallstreet, I read it but don't post a huge amount (y)

thank you my friend

Good......oil analyst!!

I need you my friend .............keep posting your oil analysis!!

It will help me trade BP more successfully..............

bought ftse again at 4122.5 with a 15 point stop again (this is a small position), I am still bullish

Status
Not open for further replies.