Ukraine invasion

The "almighty" russian army needs the help of Syrian fighters, Serbain mercenaries, China after 19 days of war.

Everyone is losing, we are losing 10% of our spending power, russians are losing 90%.
I agree that everyone is losing - but 'our' 10% figure will climb rapidly when the dollar collapses - which it surely will, it's only a matter of time.
Let's take the positive side of this, it will accellerate the phase out o fossil fuels.
In my book, that's only a positive as and when there are cheap alternative fuels. Needless to say, there aren't any.
No more global warming, no more pollution, no more wars because of oil.
Too funny CV.
Rid ourselves of Putin and oil and the world's problems go away and we can all live in utopia. If only that were true! As for the fiction of global warming - don't get me started! ;-)

Hi Rufus,
Well, if that's what you want to believe - that's your prerogative. In my experience, the BBC lie and misinform more than just about anyone else, so I take the view that: 'they would say that, wouldn't they'!

In the video below, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland (who was the architect of the 2014 coup in Ukraine) as good as confirms that the so called "research materials" (cough) - in bio'labs that supposedly didn't exist a few days ago - not only exist but are either dangerous and/or illegal. . .

Further reading to help offset the propaganda coming out of the BBC and U.S.:
Documents expose US biological experiments on allied soldiers in Ukraine and Georgia

EXCLUSIVE WHO says it advised Ukraine to destroy pathogens in health labs to prevent disease spread

Nobody is Checking for Violations of the Biological Weapons Convention

IMO, below is an excellent, balanced and very comprehensive summary of the whole bio-labs debate and whether or not they are/were being used for nefarious purposes. Unless you're Neil Young or Joni Mitchell, It's by someone we can all trust: the man credited as being one of the inventors of mRNA technology used in the Covid vaccines, Dr. Robert Malone. He explains why he thinks he's in a position to offer comment on a topic which most of us don't really understand and know nothing about. Enjoy . . .

Ukraine Biolab Watchtower

One of your sources:
Like many other countries, Ukraine has public health laboratories researching how to mitigate the threats of dangerous diseases affecting both animals and humans including, most recently, COVID-19. Its labs have received support from the United States, the European Union and the WHO.

Biosecurity experts say Russia's movement of troops into Ukraine and bombardment of its cities have raised the risk of an escape of disease-causing pathogens, should any of those facilities be damaged.
:oops:

So, Reuters reports the labs are there to research pathogens to lessen their effect on humans and animals. Some people might think it's a good idea for the Russians to attack the labs and liberate the pathogens from those evil UkrainiansNazis enslaving them.:rolleyes:

Maybe it is only a fake news, what has Tass has to say about Syrian and Serbian mercenaries?
What is their position about Mariupol being carpet bombed?

Just trying to balance the news flow old bean.

Chechens mentioned but not the mercenaries just yet.

However, Syrian and Chechen tactics are being considered if Ukranian resistance continues much longer.

I do hope peace breaks out soon otherwise the gentle approach by the Russians (already being blamed for slow progress) will be replaced by some very aggressive assault yes.

From talks there is also some positive news about conceding territory in Eastern Ukraine and providing guarantees over not joining NATO. Obviously we are looking at a split Ukraine. Were they ever one? I don't know but as long as loss of life is minimised and everyone happy all should end well when sooner or later.

Like a bad trade hoping and wishing with lots of bits crossed. :)

Why should they split Ukraine?
Ukraine is winning the war.
Destroying cities is useless to defeat an army.
Russia has already lost 3 generals.
I think talks are pretty useless, something useful to Russia for their internal audience.
I see splitting Russia much more likely, it worked with Germany after WW2.

Last edited:
I think talks are pretty useless, something useful to Russia for their internal audience.
Splitting Russia??? I think we must be watching different movies :)
Imho, the only solution that's going to produce any chance of peace is a split Ukraine which means at a minimum that the separatist territories can be formally granted some independent status by Ukraine and that Crimea gets the same or is straight up ceded to Russia. Whatever happens, the ongoing catastrophe is damaging Putin's longer term ambitions whilst actually facilitating the West's....and China's.

Some have closer ties to Russia and speak Russian.

Yes perhaps, but if Russia go in hard course of events could easily change.

Depends on one's objectives.

Talks are always good in my book. If talks fail, resorting to killing can equally get results.
I don't see this. No. If it goes horribly wrong, I see Putin retiring with full blame and honours and a reduced pension that he doesn't need anyhow.

"Separatist territories" are an invention by Putin like Abcasia and South Ossetia.
We have a gangster trying to restore an empire, everything else is an excuse.
What do you want to concede? We aready conceded him to rule Russia for 20 years.
The free world was sleeping and woke up on February 24th.

This is simply about kicking the NATO ball back across the line.

As before talk of WW3 and escalations is a little premature imo.

What we are looking at is Ukraine joining the likes of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria.

All this is like watching a car crash in slow motion. Soooo unnecessary and very sad.

So why did this war start in the first place again? Let's recap.

2m old article from the Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ues-list-demands-tensions-europe-ukraine-nato

Russia has put forward a highly contentious list of security guarantees it says it wants the west to agree to in order to lower tensions in Europe and defuse the crisis over Ukraine, including many elements that have already been ruled out.

The demands include a ban on Ukraine entering Nato and a limit to the deployment of troops and weapons to Nato’s eastern flank, in effect returning Nato forces to where they were stationed in 1997, before an eastward expansion.

The eight-point draft treaty was released by Russia’s foreign ministry as its forces massed within striking distance of Ukraine’s borders. Moscow said ignoring its interests would lead to a “military response” similar to the Cuban missile crisis of 1962.

Last edited:
As before talk of WW3 and escalations is a little premature imo.
This is WW3, time to wake up....
What we are looking at is Ukraine joining the likes of Iran, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria.
No, Ukraine is defending and is backed be the entire free world.
This is Georgia with more support.

Russia is not in the postion to ask anything, a shit army with shit equipment and shit tactics.

All this is like watching a car crash in slow motion. Soooo unnecessary and very sad.
You are right Russian economy is crashing but pretty quickly.
Russian army is crashing a bit slower.
I am very sad for Russian people, it will requare at lest 10 year to recover from this BS.