Ukraine invasion

Sanctioning Russia could topple the West

A new Cold War would cripple the American empire​

If anyone knows of a way to get around the sanctions in a way that enables western investors to deposit funds with Russian banks - please let me know as their interest rate is a massive 20%!!!
:)

Sanctioning Russia could topple the West

A new Cold War would cripple the American empire​

If anyone knows of a way to get around the sanctions in a way that enables western investors to deposit funds with Russian banks - please let me know as their interest rate is a massive 20%!!!
:)

Yep, simple. Move to Russia, convert money to Roubles, keep head down, delete all social media. Hope you can purchase goods quicker than inflation rises. Sorted !

Just ignore Tim, he's trying to wind you up. :ROFLMAO:

I'm changing my mind about the EU. Not about membership of the club, but about the need for Europeans to get their act together. Long overdue. Why has it taken an act of aggression for Germany to sort out it's defense spending? Germany is not alone in this, there are many European countries not spending enough on defense. It rather smacks of deceitful incompetence, freeloading. Trump did warn Europe that they were not doing enough in this area.
Biden is a total moron, this is not a guy to be trusted. He's just a puppet of the establishment, but we better hope he makes it to the end of his term, cos it doesn't bear thinking about if Harris end up in the top job. I doubt Russia would have invaded Ukraine had Trump stayed in office. I suspect he will be back in office 2024.
Bojo is all about greatness and destiny. His classical education and self belief has shaped him from childhood to present day. Not one for rules and trivial details, a player, who's only interested in his world historical legacy.

France and UK are the big defence spenders. EU was to check German military build up. Now they are saying all change.

Questions to ask are:

When did Russia become a threat to EU?

When did Ukraine become a threat to Russia?

When did Russia become a threat to Ukraine?

Does EU pose a threat to Russia?

Take the US out of EU and yeah we are all lovey-dovey.

Have a moment to reflect. Get off that high horse and walk amongst the bluebells. Smell the air.

Last edited:
That's not the heady scent of wildflowers and is more redolent of manure - huge mountains of steaming horse s***.

That's quite a dramatic picture of horse pooh you paint. Mountains you say.

Have you tried Shakesperean drama? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1648054186629.png

Further to this post from me yesterday, the Daily Sceptic has published an article that suggests (to me anyway) that there is in fact a direct correlation between vaccination status and opinion about the Russia / Ukraine war. As a general principle, I'd wager similar weightings apply to Brexit, Trump, the pandemic and climate change. The confounders - here on T2W anyway - are counter_violent and Atilla - both of whom are bucking the trend. (Is that a tautologous statement?) Be that as it may, as a general truism, I'm inclined to believe the assertions made in the article on the basis that the majority - especially when supported by the unholy trinity of politicians (of all colours), so-called 'experts' and mainstream media - are invariably wrong. As a bit of light relief from the deathly serious topic of this thread - I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of everyone subscribed.

Why Are the Vaccinated Much More Likely to Want America to Go to War With Russia?

Further to this post from me yesterday, the Daily Sceptic has published an article that suggests (to me anyway) that there is in fact a direct correlation between vaccination status and opinion about the Russia / Ukraine war. As a general principle, I'd wager similar weightings apply to Brexit, Trump, the pandemic and climate change. The confounders - here on T2W anyway - are counter_violent and Atilla - both of whom are bucking the trend. (Is that a tautologous statement?) Be that as it may, as a general truism, I'm inclined to believe the assertions made in the article on the basis that the majority - especially when supported by the unholy trinity of politicians (of all colours), so-called 'experts' and mainstream media - are invariably wrong. As a bit of light relief from the deathly serious topic of this thread - I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of everyone subscribed.

Why Are the Vaccinated Much More Likely to Want America to Go to War With Russia?

Oh bollox, Tim has rumbled my modus operandi, which forces me to justify my beliefs. and thought processes.

France and UK are the big defence spenders. EU was to check German military build up. Now they are saying all change.
That's right, Germany has had a wake up call and realised that freedom and democracy has a price.
Questions to ask are:

When did Russia become a threat to EU?
When Yeltsin fukt up and handed power over to Putin.
When did Ukraine become a threat to Russia?
When they decided to pursue a different path outside the Russian sphere of influence.
When did Russia become a threat to Ukraine?
When Yeltsin fukt up and handed power over to Putin
Does EU pose a threat to Russia?
EU were perfectly happy managing their own decline both in economic and military terms. Looks like they have changed their mind on the military, but economically, they will carry on declining.
Take the US out of EU and yeah we are all lovey-dovey.
Take the US out of the EU and Russia will do whatever it likes under Putin.
Have a moment to reflect. Get off that high horse and walk amongst the bluebells. Smell the air.

Righto, you know best !

Entirely speculative post, but this invasion of Ukraine could quite easily escalate and drag the whole world into this conflict, against their wishes. It would only take one maverick event and I certainly know of one that would guarantee it. Given that peoples thoughts are hardly ever unique, others must have had the same idea. So I wouldn't get too comfortable with the idea that this is all happening in a far away land and won't affect you, cos it very well might.

Zelensky has been preparing the ground in addressing various country's parliaments and personalising his message to each. This is a very clever move by him. From Ukraines POV, the information war is already won.
Ukraine is pushing back against the demoralised aggressors on the ground and re-taking areas. If the arms keep flowing in, the Ukrainians are more than capable of putting them to use with great effect.

That's right, Germany has had a wake up call and realised that freedom and democracy has a price.

When Yeltsin fukt up and handed power over to Putin.

When they decided to pursue a different path outside the Russian sphere of influence.

When Yeltsin fukt up and handed power over to Putin

EU were perfectly happy managing their own decline both in economic and military terms. Looks like they have changed their mind on the military, but economically, they will carry on declining.

Take the US out of the EU and Russia will do whatever it likes under Putin.

Righto, you know best !
Your replies are very centric to a limited pov. Almost like watching a cartoon. Lacks depth and realism.

You still banging your drum about EU in decline. Amazing!

This is all about US and Russia with EU an oasis in a world of troubles where stability and good living standards have existed for over 70 years.

You are absolutely amazing with a very limited and finite point of view imho.