Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Wow! Some turn around.

Bannon Taken Off Trump National Security Council in Shake-Up

Why?

We are informed...

A White House official portrayed the change as a natural progression rather than a demotion for Bannon. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, contended that Bannon was placed on the committee in part to monitor Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and never attended a meeting. He’s no longer needed with McMaster in charge of the council, the official said.

It isn’t clear why Bannon would be needed on the committee under Flynn but not under McMaster. A second White House official said that Trump was never comfortable with Bannon on the panel, but that his removal didn’t indicate any erosion of his influence within the White House.

Bannon will retain his security clearance, the first official said.

Still, his departure from the NSC role was applauded by some Republicans as well as Democrats. Republican Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen of Florida called it “welcome news” in a tweet.

This made me laff out loud :LOL:

donald-trump-wall-2-800.jpg

Devin Nunes Steps Aside; Ethics Committee Investigating for Spilling Secrets

It's no wonder that Trump voters elected a reality TV star. This is all unfolding like a soap opera.

Maybe Mama June could run for president and Honey Boo Boo could be in charge of the NSC.

This made me laff out loud :LOL:

donald-trump-wall-2-800.jpg

LOL:cheesy:

What the trumpanzes don't realize when you wall others out you wall yourself in.

Also, Americans are having a hard time getting back into their own country.

Good move by Trump today - Syria - .

Why do you say that?

No evidence has been provided by either side on who fired the chemical weapons or where they came from.

If the assertion is true that the chemicals were released after a ammunition dump was targeted by Syrian jets then the question has to be asked what the rebel groups were doing with stockpile of these weapons?

Just because you haven't seen the evidence doesn't mean there isn't any. WH is now saying they have radar, video, eyewitness accounts, and other middle eastern countries confirming.

After 8 years of all talk, no show Obama, who repeatedly moved the red line for Syria to cross multiple times, making a fool out of Obama, we now have a president who acts instead of just talks.

BTW, all of you who kept saying Trump is out of control, you don't believe Assad or N. Korea pm are out of control?

This was a message to Syria, Russia (for helping Syria), N Korea, and China (to nudge N Korea)

Well done, Trump!!

Peter

Why do you say that?

No evidence has been provided by either side on who fired the chemical weapons or where they came from.

If the assertion is true that the chemicals were released after a ammunition dump was targeted by Syrian jets then the question has to be asked what the rebel groups were doing with stockpile of these weapons?

I don't like Trump. However, what he did about Syria was a, badly needed, warning. To Assad. who has got away with murder for far, too long but, also, to N.Korea, Iran and Russia.

The warning to a powerful nation like Russia is "If we go, we take you with us"

I think that The West needs to tell Russia--even if it is only implied-- to stay out of Europe because, make no doubt about it, Putin only needs a sign of weakness to move into the Ukraine.

Politicians are unscrupulous and play with fire to achieve their own purposes. That is why Le Penn went to Moscow. There is no one, not even the UK, more eager to see the breakup of EU than Putin. One of the big misconceptions that Trump has is that he does not want a strong Europe - for trade purposes. What about survival? in addition, Germany does not seem prepared to spend on its own defence. Big mistake, in my opinion.

Worrying that we currently have world leaders who are escalating the probability of WW3.
The planet won't survive WW3.

Worrying that we currently have world leaders who are escalating the probability of WW3.
The planet won't survive WW3.

We know that. It is inevitable,but we can't condone stuff like chemical weapons.

Countries like Syria are experimental grounds for the real thing so you could say that all those US rockets got where they were supposed to. and worked. That's encouraging , for us, at least.

Such a waste of money and resources building bombs and rockets etc.
You would think democracies would elected peace talking folk and not be scared into electing demagogues and liars.
Mrs May's support for spending £220 billion plus on 4 new atomic submarines really beggars belief when the roads are a disgrace and there is insufficient money for education, health etc.
I am glad to see that ETA have finally agreed on peace after 40 years of bloodshed.

Last edited:
Perhaps all of this is inevitable. But how is it our problem alone? Why is it up to us alone to do something about it? Where is England? France? Germany? Spain? Situations like this are the raison d'etre for the UN. If it isn't meeting expectations, then come up with something better. But this business of everybody relying on the US to "take care of" these situations cannot last. Otherwise we're back to the invasion of Iraq, and we all know how that turned out and is continuing to turn out.

Bombing Syria because it plays well is childish.

I'm afraid no one has answered the question about evidence other than WackyPete who brushed it away with Just because you haven't seen the evidence doesn't mean there isn't any.

Should we not wait to see it?

Should we not try and understand who has it and why?

The argument put forward by Europe (if you choose to believe it :) ) is that ISIS fighters who went to fight Assad regime and then chose to form a caliphate are now coming back to Europe to carry out acts of terror?

Should Europeans be not interested in finding out whether it is the rebels or Syrians who have these chemical weapons? If ISIS elements had them then is it not good the Syrian's blow it up there than they blow it up in Europe?

So many questions to answer and all US is interested in is establishing another Iraq in the region by turning Syria into democracy, effectively adding tribal disputes into the simmering couldron that will inevitably boil over.

As for Obama he simply restored US health. US was bleeding dollars, soldiers and limbs fighting wars it can't afford. Now the military establishment is just getting rid of weapons so it can build more with money it doesn't have. US citizens are pretty crazy folk from my perspective. Sons and daughters sent to fight wars in some action defending the US in territories 000s of miles from home.

People in the name of nationalism and patriotism are prepared to believe and blame based on whatever thinking makes them feel good rather than to wait and see and act on fact or evidence.

Last edited:
Perhaps all of this is inevitable. But how is it our problem alone? Why is it up to us alone to do something about it? Where is England? France? Germany? Spain? Situations like this are the raison d'etre for the UN. If it isn't meeting expectations, then come up with something better. But this business of everybody relying on the US to "take care of" these situations cannot last. Otherwise we're back to the invasion of Iraq, and we all know how that turned out and is continuing to turn out.

World problems are not just for the US to solve obviously. The UN does its best but there are never enough resources and so some problems get kicked into the long grass for solving later.
Somebody wrote the US spends more on the military than the next 8 togethor ! Sensible or plain stupid ?

Last edited:

Not bombing Syria means another city will get attacked with chemicals, sooner or later. It may not be Syria, but some other country.

Childish, or not, is a matter of opinion. If someone, other than Trump, had done it, there may have been more applause.

Obama is a nice guy and he should have rocketed Syria years ago. I believe that a stitch in time, saves nine.

Obama didn't bomb Syria because a Republican Congress wouldn't let him. But that's neither here nor there It's not up to the US to solve the world's problems. If another city gets attacked, how 'bout Spain stepping up to the plate? Or any other nation? The US is not the world's hall monitor.

I'm surprised by the frantic and frenzied calls for US to attack Syria and Korea.

Well done and how we should have done something like this long time ago and so forth.

Mixing Syria and Korea is a mistake. Let's hit Syria so Korea knows we mean business. What kind of argument is that? To show you we are prepared to use my fist I'm going to punch you or anyone else for that matter now. POW. Did you see that? Now step aside and let me have my way. It's sort of crazy funny.

Cowboys making mockery of diplomacy and international relations, institutions and agreements.

Another City may get attacked like other than Iran, Iraq or Syria.

The West created Al-Qaida and now ISIS along with good few others to full fill their own purposes. Let's go and kill a few more Arabs and Muslims, reek havoc on innocent people and spend a fortune on our weapons industry coz that's what makes us great.

Some people really need to take a step back and check what's going on here. US came off the gold standard after Vietnam war. Almost lost the dollar standard after the gulf and Iraq war and any mishap here will see the ascendancy of Russia and China that's for sure. Just like decline of the British empire and rise of the US were one and the same whilst Europe got the **** knocked out of them.

Who thinks we should start selling the dollar and start buying gold now? ;)

The West created Al-Qaida and now ISIS along with good few others to full fill their own purposes.

I wonder how many people out of a thousand understand this.

Who thinks we should start selling the dollar and start buying gold now? ;)

You're better off learning how to grow your own food. In the event of a catastrophe, most people will be dead within a couple of weeks.

As for Obama he simply restored US health. US was bleeding dollars, soldiers and limbs fighting wars it can't afford.

Health? I read that the US debt almost doubled in his 8 years as president. Or to put it another way, the debt that the US has run up, since it's very existence, is more or less the same as Obama ran up in 8 years.

I don't think a healthy country elects Trump.

You're right though. He didn't start unnecessary wars, so for that, well done Obama.