Trump Presidency and the Consequences

The management of hhgregg said on Friday afternoon that the company was closing all 220 of its stores and going out of business entirely, having failed to find a buyer for the furniture, electronics and appliance retailer in bankruptcy court. The liquidation ends a 62-year run for the Indiana-based chain.

The company, which competed with Best Buy (BBY, +0.48%), among others, sought Chapter 11 protection in Indianapolis bankruptcy court in early March, when CEO Bob Riesbeck said the company hoped to shed its debt and emerge "more agile."

Alas it was not to be, despite discussions with dozens of prospective acquirers.

"While we had discussions with more than 50 private equity firms, strategic buyers, and other investors, unfortunately, we were unsuccessful in our plan to secure a viable buyer of the business on a going-concern basis within the expedited timeline set by our creditors," Riesbeck said in a statement on Friday afternoon. . . .

The hhgregg liquidation comes on the heel of a particularly difficult time for retailers: chains like Payless ShoeSource, The Sports Authority, The Limited, American Apparel, Aéropostale, Wet Seal, BCBG and PacSun are among the retailers to have filed for bankruptcy protection in the last two years, with some liquidating altogether. Others, like Bebe are simply closing their stores and becoming internet-only retailers.

So where is Donald "Save American Jobs" Trump? How many thousands of people are out of work? (Enquiring people want to know)

There was an interesting program on Bloomberg over the weekend about Ronald's travel/immigration bans. These are directly affecting the tech field particularly. Of the thousands of foreign students at US universities most will not be able to work in the US after qualifying. The tech firm Apple is being forced to copy Chinese technology now to keep up in the phone business as so many of their top employees WERE foreign and refused entry.
Another failed policy for the US but they are very welcome in Britain.

Last edited:
I see the Russian reaction to the missile attack on a Syrian airbase is hostile - an act of aggression - they call it.
The US shouldn't be surprised if there is a Russian attack somewhere. Perhaps in the Baltic states or on the ship that fired the missiles.
Putin and Trump are like 2 fighting cocks posturing against each other. Certain to be disastrous. Let's hope they stop short of all out war.

Donald Trump’s approval ratings are up because he bombed a foreign country

Says a lot about who we are.

You need to put it in context though. Just pointing to doubling of debt is not fair cop. Coming out of banking crises with big rise in unemployment and failing businesses and mortgage collapse meant a big reduction in tax revenue as well as increase in social spending?

What is wrong with you?

I said that I read the debt almost doubled. You rather rudely call this "a BS alternative fact lie". Then when we get to the actual numbers, it turns out that what I read was broadly correct.

The article I read stated that when Obama came into office, the debt was about 10.5 trillion, and when he left, it was almost 20 trillion. Even if we take your figures it's still a staggeringly large amount to be added under Obama, and a large % of the entire debt that has been accumulated in the history of the US. There's no hiding from that.

What is wrong with you?

I said that I read the debt almost doubled. You rather rudely call this "a BS alternative fact lie". Then when we get to the actual numbers, it turns out that what I read was broadly correct.

The article I read stated that when Obama came into office, the debt was about 10.5 trillion, and when he left, it was almost 20 trillion. Even if we take your figures it's still a staggeringly large amount to be added under Obama, and a large % of the entire debt that has been accumulated in the history of the US. There's no hiding from that.

Those are just the visible numbers. When you take into account "unfunded liabilities" the picture is a darn site worse.

What is wrong with you?

Well it's playing stupid silly buggers with statistics.

If you do not wish to look below what someone is feeding you that's fine matey no need to get hot under the collar. Hardly fact or truth just bunch of silly words to deceive numpties.

In these days of alternative facts one really can't take anything one is told or reads with any credibility. Including what comes from government.

FYI - just going by numbers Obama increased debt by 82%. Not doubled. Alternatively there is approx 25 % margin of error in that statement you have read.

Having said that just going by the same numbers on that hyperlink, Reagan quadrupled debt by 197% busting Russian economy and defence spending.

WackyPete on the Next President of the USA thread put a similar link which was sprouting the same false data. That makes it more palatable calling it false data. It's Republican BS. If enough people spammit it becomes fact and you are quite happy to accept it as almost accurate because I've got your back up calling it BS.

If you simply remove inflation link and 2 trillion out of that debt which was a present to him from Bush Jnr's 7 year Republican term, then those numbers tell a totally different story.

You decide what ever you want to call it. I hope I answered your question even if not very well. (y)

Republicans conveniently forget what they handed the country in 2008. Or maybe those who post here aren't old enough to remember.

Those are just the visible numbers. When you take into account "unfunded liabilities" the picture is a darn site worse.

You talking pensions and the aging pop crises?

Country needs tomahawks not pensioners.

Maybe someone should come up with a plan to get pensioners to deliver bombs. No one would suspect lil old biddies carrying bombs to kill people so they'd have super stealth capability at no extra cost.

Save on medicare bills too.

:cheesy:

Well it's playing stupid silly buggers with statistics.

If you do not wish to look below what someone is feeding you that's fine matey no need to get hot under the collar. Hardly fact or truth just bunch of silly words to deceive numpties.

In these days of alternative facts one really can't take anything one is told or reads with any credibility. Including what comes from government.

FYI - just going by numbers Obama increased debt by 82%. Not doubled. Alternatively there is approx 25 % margin of error in that statement you have read.

Having said that just going by the same numbers on that hyperlink, Reagan quadrupled debt by 197% busting Russian economy and defence spending.

WackyPete on the Next President of the USA thread put a similar link which was sprouting the same false data. That makes it more palatable calling it false data. It's Republican BS. If enough people spammit it becomes fact and you are quite happy to accept it as almost accurate because I've got your back up calling it BS.

If you simply remove inflation link and 2 trillion out of that debt which was a present to him from Bush Jnr's 7 year Republican term, then those numbers tell a totally different story.

You decide what ever you want to call it. I hope I answered your question even if not very well. (y)

You say it's a lie. Then you provide data which suggests it's not far from the truth, then you call the data that you provided false, and then you say you can't believe anything you read. Seriously, what is wrong with you?

As for removing trillions. Yes remove a few trillion here, another few trillion there, you can justify anything that way.

Bush was appalling in the same way. Reckless spending from the two of them. And you think it's healthy?

Eric Trump says Syria strike shows there is no 'tie' between President Trump and Russia

So now we know why Trump was so hot to bomb Syria.

White House: ‘America First’ Foreign Policy Justifies Strikes Against Those Who ‘Gas Babies’

As opposed to us, who just blow them up.

I still haven't seen any substantial evidence on:

Where those chemicals weapons came from?

Who manufactured them?

Who placed them in that ammunition dump?

Who knew they were there?

Who were there intended targets?

No evidence. What's worse no one is doing any work to find out.

It has been concluded by the US and by inference and indication that Syria launched the chemical attack from the airbase.

Confusion reigns over regime change in Syria.

Russia is bogeyman for supporting Syria.

If Assad goes, it's going to be another free-for-all in Syria, much like Iraq and Libya.

Then it'll be Iran's turn. :whistling

Just listening to news and the G7 not enforcing sanctions on Russia and once again we are debating fake news again.

It's simply because nobody believes or trusts what the US or UK or Russia or Syria says.

Doesn't matter who says what when?

Act without evidence unilaterally and you bring the whole system into disrepute. No freaking law and order internally and once international agreements are also crushed because US feels it has the muscle to **** on anyone she wants - whether with or without congressional approval then the whole show will collapse into chaos and war.

I hope this becomes clear to people fast. Why should anyone obey any rules of engagement or protocol if the Worlds leading super power and good cop starts braking them. (n)

:(

Then there is this...
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/11/europe/syria-russia-putin-g7-tillerson/

A meeting of G7 foreign ministers on Tuesday rejected a British plan to impose new sanctions on Syria and Russia in the wake of last week's chemical attack that killed more than 80 people.

Britain had hoped the threat of sanctions would strengthen Tillerson's hand in talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.

But the G7 foreign ministers chose instead to wait for the outcome of an international investigation into the attack on the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun last week, which prompted the US to launch a barrage of missiles on a Syrian airbase on Friday. Western nations blame the Assad regime for the attack.

What a stupid lazy crass loaded way of stating it. Chose instead. We don't know what really happened but we are going to choose... US, UK and Boris look like real cowboys! Shoot first then ask questions. Numpties.

This simply means much like Iraq & WMD both countries lose credibility on the international stage. No body believes or trusts the two countries words anymore. (n)

No body believes or trusts the two countries words anymore. (n)

No. Only conspiracy theorists such as yourself constantly question those countries, also without any real proof, and others such and DB are interpreting left-biased headlines to suit his own agenda.

You have said many times you haven't seen any evidence where the chemical weapons came from, but why does any intelligence agency owe you that? Obama administration repeatedly said all chemical weapons in Syria were destroyed or removed. What bullsh**t. He was weak and ineffective. But Trump shows strength.

Peter