Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Atilla mentioned a few weeks ago that members can't put mods on ignore. So there may be something in it :LOL:

I only have one person on ignore at the moment.

You do talk a lot of rubbish and your take on statistics leaves much to be desired.

Having said that I can't believe I agree with your last post on Brexit thread. Shocked stunned silence. :eek::eek::eek:

(y)

Why does everything have to be presidential? The US voted for Trump KNOWING he wouldn't be like the rest. He said so continuously during his campaign.

Peter

Because he is the President and needs to set a precedent on good behaviour and conduct.

"Sick Guy" and Obama hasn't even been involved???

What was that other charming phrase "I like to punch him in the face".

Then there is the "grab them by their pussy"!

Comon Peter I know you must be a nice family guy but can you seriously believe his talk as remotely presidential?

I can't imagine the revulsion Queen will feel meeting this twerp and all the monarchy needs is some wise trailer crack from the imbecile to belittle US further.

He is clearly not fit for office! Entertainment yes but for the most powerful office, clearly not!

Just wondering what it'll take for you to think "I wonder???".

(y)

Because he is the President and needs to set a precedent on good behaviour and conduct.

Comon Peter I know you must be a nice family guy but can you seriously believe his talk as remotely presidential?

I can't imagine the revulsion Queen will feel meeting this twerp and all the monarchy needs is some wise trailer crack from the imbecile to belittle US further.

He is clearly not fit for office! Entertainment yes but for the most powerful office, clearly not!

(y)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/08/barack-obama-gay-hustler-_n_4242447.html

A woman who claims to have been a classmate delivered some bizarre claims about President Barack Obama in an interview.

As Right Wing Watch first reported, Mia Marie Pope told right-wing preacher James David Manning that she believes that Obama was not only active within the gay community, but also a heavy cocaine user during his years in Hawaii.

“He always portrayed himself as a foreign student,” Pope said. “Girls were never anything that he ever was interested in ... He would get with these older white gay men, and this is how we just pretty much had the impression that that’s how he was procuring his cocaine.”

She then notes, “In other words, he was having sex with these older white guys and that’s how he was getting this cocaine to be able to freebase.”

Pope, of course, isn’t the first conservative voice to make such claims about the president’s personal life. In May, “Coach” Dave Daubenmire implied Obama was “openly gay” or “better yet, openly bisexual” in a News With Views broadcast, nothing that the president’s “face seems to really light up when he begins to talk about the gay agenda.”

In fall 2012, gossip columnist turned Tea Party author Jerome Corsi alleged that the president had been actively involved in Chicago’s gay bar and bathhouse scene.

Very interesting.

When Factory Jobs Vanish, Men Become Less Desirable Partners

Declines in manufacturing employment are shaping the structure of the American family.

In many small towns across the country, there aren’t very many good jobs these days. Once there were factories that employed millions and paid decent wages. Today, young men are scraping by working at local bars or in lower-paid temp jobs. Many of these men are single, and new research suggests that those two things—their poor economic status and their singleness—are not unrelated.

It’s no wonder, then, that the changes wrought by the disappearance of manufacturing jobs helped elevate the platform of Donald Trump, who won 67 percent of white workers without a college degree. Their malcontent comes not just from their economic struggles, but from the dramatic changes to their personal lives that the decline of manufacturing have created.

A new study by the economists David Autor of MIT, Gordon Hanson of the University of California at San Diego, and David Dorn of the University of Zurich, provides evidence that their economic struggles are directly responsible for many of their personal ones. The study finds that, as men’s economic prospects decline, they marry less frequently. Once, men had good earnings, especially when compared with women. But now these men don’t earn much more than women do, and so fewer people are getting married, and more children are being born out of wedlock. Children are much more likely to grow up in poverty in households headed by single mothers.

“We see a decline in fertility, a decline in marriage, but a rise in the fraction of births that are disadvantaged, and as a consequence the kids are living in pretty tough circumstances,” Autor, the study’s lead author, told me. (more)

Yeah it's more than interesting but I will refrain from comment, otherwise I may have to ban myself from the forums.

Yeah it's more than interesting but I will refrain from comment, otherwise I may have to ban myself from the forums.

That's very presidential of you to set a precedent CV.

I'm impressed matey as hard as that is for me to say about you :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 105

(y)

I agree with you most of that is not very Presidential, BUT Trump said this things while he was campaigning, NOT as president (except "sick guy")

As I said Trump was voted in by the electorate KNOWING what he was like and that his Presidential term(s) would be "not the same old thing".

I disagree he is not fit for office. He has already done plenty of things, including many campaign promises. Just because he isn't conventional doesn't mean he isn't fit to serve.

Peter

Well, instead of me spelling it out, i'll leave it to Nigel.

I agree that Farage is a great talker. One has to analyse what he is saying, though. What is it that he wants you to do. Why he wants you to do it.

Once one has the brain power to think that out--and most haven't-- he becomes superfluous.. He has planted the seeds and he can sit back and let the others do the rest.

That is why he left UKIP. Just in case it all goes pear shaped--he won't be in it. In fact, he may have, already, made his money and could be seeing some advantages somewhere else. He is cosying up to Trump, now!

I don't blame him. It is up to the Americans, its their country.

A strange trait seems to be emerging from Ronald Dump's behaviour.
He accuses others of what he and his team are guilty of. For instance the allegations of hacking. He accused the Democrats when in reality it was him and his Russian buddies who were hacking Hillary's emails and God knows what else.
Now he is attacking Obama over listening in on his phone calls. Probably doing it again trying to shift the blame when he and his team were doing exactly that.
Muddying the waters with lies and deceit it seems. Completely fooling many US voters though. Well perhaps just the dimmer ones.

Last edited:
Looking at the past it is an indication that if Trump can pull off some successes he will ask the US electorate for a lifetime of being President and even a title change to Emperor or something. If the past is anything to go by they are likely to agree, issuing in a new age of Imperialism and dictatorship.

I agree that Farage is a great talker. One has to analyse what he is saying, though. What is it that he wants you to do. Why he wants you to do it.

Once one has the brain power to think that out--and most haven't-- he becomes superfluous.. He has planted the seeds and he can sit back and let the others do the rest.

That is why he left UKIP. Just in case it all goes pear shaped--he won't be in it.
In fact, he may have, already, made his money and could be seeing some advantages somewhere else. He is cosying up to Trump, now!

I don't blame him. It is up to the Americans, its their country.

I suspect that Nigel has left UKIP because, having achieved his aim (Brexit), that party is now largely irrelevant. It's just another has-been like Labour and Lib Dems – organisations looking for a purpose and voters. The Trump philosophy is more akin to Nigel's and that's why he's there. The British have a habit of rejecting those who precipitate major changes in their history – think Churchill, Thatcher, Cromwell.

I agree with you most of that is not very Presidential, BUT Trump said this things while he was campaigning, NOT as president (except "sick guy")

As I said Trump was voted in by the electorate KNOWING what he was like and that his Presidential term(s) would be "not the same old thing".

I disagree he is not fit for office. He has already done plenty of things, including many campaign promises. Just because he isn't conventional doesn't mean he isn't fit to serve.

Peter

You make a point, but it doesn't make it right that just because the down and out and less well educated put him there he is now entitled to behave and act like one.

Other people deserve decency and respect.

A leader needs to represent all his people. Otherwise his and your politics is no different. People are being polarised.

It should be about unity and building a consensus.

Being Trump, he has grown up in his own bubble with an unmatched ego. Now promoted to the most powerful office the world his delusional ego has been confirmed as valid and anything that doesn't match or where he is criticised he comes out biting, scratching and shouting going on the offensive on issues that he can't defend with facts. So he blurts out his version of alternative facts and fake news.

Guy simply can't get on with his work and keep his mouth shut swallowing up mosquitoes all the time. Someone should also take away his tweeter account. I'm surprised he is trusted with Nuclear arsenal, yet he can't control his tweeter responses. What a crazy maniac. Lunatic. Words fail me. :(

If the Russian's were trying to finance his campaign either through legitimate or illegitimate means, Justice and Defence departments are duty bound to investigate.

I'm just so surprised he thought he wouldn't be background checked or listened to.

We had a similar story with Wilson's cabinet and MI5 thinking he was a Russian plant.
https://www.mi5.gov.uk/the-wilson-plot

Is it suspicion or is it a conspiracy? Very difficult to identify cause and symptom flow.

Anyhow, fwiw, listenting to Sky News on TV the presenter opened up with question Trump's tweet not very presidential calling Obama a sick guy!

There are now calls for evidence and the Senate may demand an investigation.

You make a point, but it doesn't make it right that just because the down and out and less well educated put him there he is now entitled to behave and act like one.

Other people deserve decency and respect.

A leader needs to represent all his people. Otherwise his and your politics is no different. People are being polarised.

It should be about unity and building a consensus.

Being Trump, he has grown up in his own bubble with an unmatched ego. Now promoted to the most powerful office the world his delusional ego has been confirmed as valid and anything that doesn't match or where he is criticised he comes out biting, scratching and shouting going on the offensive on issues that he can't defend with facts. So he blurts out his version of alternative facts and fake news.

Guy simply can't get on with his work and keep his mouth shut swallowing up mosquitoes all the time. Someone should also take away his tweeter account. I'm surprised he is trusted with Nuclear arsenal, yet he can't control his tweeter responses. What a crazy maniac. Lunatic. Words fail me. :(

If the Russian's were trying to finance his campaign either through legitimate or illegitimate means, Justice and Defence departments are duty bound to investigate.

I'm just so surprised he thought he wouldn't be background checked or listened to.

We had a similar story with Wilson's cabinet and MI5 thinking he was a Russian plant.
https://www.mi5.gov.uk/the-wilson-plot

Is it suspicion or is it a conspiracy? Very difficult to identify cause and symptom flow.

Anyhow, fwiw, listenting to Sky News on TV the presenter opened up with question Trump's tweet not very presidential calling Obama a sick guy!

There are now calls for evidence and the Senate may demand an investigation.

Maybe you need to love yourself before you can love someone else.

That takes work.

Very interesting.

When Factory Jobs Vanish, Men Become Less Desirable Partners

Declines in manufacturing employment are shaping the structure of the American family.

In many small towns across the country, there aren’t very many good jobs these days. Once there were factories that employed millions and paid decent wages. Today, young men are scraping by working at local bars or in lower-paid temp jobs. Many of these men are single, and new research suggests that those two things—their poor economic status and their singleness—are not unrelated.

It’s no wonder, then, that the changes wrought by the disappearance of manufacturing jobs helped elevate the platform of Donald Trump, who won 67 percent of white workers without a college degree. Their malcontent comes not just from their economic struggles, but from the dramatic changes to their personal lives that the decline of manufacturing have created.

A new study by the economists David Autor of MIT, Gordon Hanson of the University of California at San Diego, and David Dorn of the University of Zurich, provides evidence that their economic struggles are directly responsible for many of their personal ones. The study finds that, as men’s economic prospects decline, they marry less frequently. Once, men had good earnings, especially when compared with women. But now these men don’t earn much more than women do, and so fewer people are getting married, and more children are being born out of wedlock. Children are much more likely to grow up in poverty in households headed by single mothers.

“We see a decline in fertility, a decline in marriage, but a rise in the fraction of births that are disadvantaged, and as a consequence the kids are living in pretty tough circumstances,” Autor, the study’s lead author, told me. (more)

Very true Db and only now are people talking about the impending problems facing the US and UK with;

1. Aging population
2. Declining birth rates
3. Rising tax burden
4. Health issue

Very correct that strong family cohesion and extended family support is a big social contributory factor for the less well off poor people who survive on very little.

Brake down of the family will ultimately perpetuate those issues.

Not only that - migration was precisely the solution for issues above but some bright spark now thinks doing away with it and raising wages (no plans or outlines here on how) will lead to the new promised land.

Time will show all. We live in interesting times indeed. :rolleyes:

One of the jobs that robots probably won't be able to do for a long while is farming.
This may promote Amish/kibbutz type communities who live in the past.

Last edited:
One of the jobs that robots probably won't be able to do for a long while is farming.
This may promote Amish/kibbutz type communities who live in the past.

Farming has been automated for years and the pace of change is accelerating, BBC Countryfile and ad-hoc documentaries often report on the automation advances taking place in the production and processing of farming food and animals.

No industry is safe from automation.