Trump Presidency and the Consequences

https://www.gwern.net/docs/iq/2014-carl.pdf

"Verbal intelligence is correlated with socially and economically liberal beliefs
Noah Carl

Nuffield College, New Road, Oxford, OX11NF, United Kingdom

Verbal intelligence is correlated with socially and economically
liberal beliefs

Abstract

Research has consistently shown that intelligence is positively correlated with socially liberal
beliefs and negatively correlated with religious beliefs. This should lead one to expect that
Republicans are less intelligent than Democrats. However, I find that individuals who identify
as Republican have slightly higher verbal intelligence than those who identify as Democrat
(2–5 IQ points), and that individuals who supported the Republican Party in elections have
slightly higher verbal intelligence than those who supported the Democratic Party (2 IQ points). I
reconcile these findings with the previous literature by showing that verbal intelligence is
correlated with both socially and economically liberal beliefs (
My findings suggest that higher intelligence among classically liberal Republicans compensates for lower intelligence among socially conservative Republicans."

I agree that Farage is a great talker. One has to analyse what he is saying, though. What is it that he wants you to do. Why he wants you to do it.

Once one has the brain power to think that out--and most haven't-- he becomes superfluous.. He has planted the seeds and he can sit back and let the others do the rest.

That is why he left UKIP. Just in case it all goes pear shaped--he won't be in it. In fact, he may have, already, made his money and could be seeing some advantages somewhere else. He is cosying up to Trump, now!

I don't blame him. It is up to the Americans, its their country.

He hasn't left UKIP, he gave up the leaders job.
UKIP were and are the UK's representative MEP's in the European parliament.
This was the vehicle of choice where Farage and other UKIP MEP's could register their objections to the EU's direction of travel.

Farage has been in this battle for over 25 years. He isn't some self appointed dictator. People voted him into office.

The UK establishment were dragged kicking and screaming, to give the UK people a referendum. Cameron won the UK parliamentary general election(much to his surprise), by virtue of his stance on offering the voters a referendum on EU membership. Farage then ensured that Cameron made good on his election promise and the rest is history.

It was never going to be Farages job to govern. His mission of getting us out of the EU is complete. What he does next is up to him. He should of course keep up the pressure on any UK Govt to make sure they deliver what the UK public voted for.

All of this has been done peacefully. He should be given a knighthood for his tireless services to the UK. History will probably put him up there with the greats. Time will tell.

They'll be surprised to hear that.

I don't think so. It's just another establishment manipulated press outlet.(fake news)
Perhaps we should examine trends. Where do people get their news these days?

Australians are pretty quiet these days, but having talked to a few, I know they don't trust politicians and the establishment. Might well be sitting on the fence at the moment, before deciding which camp they want to be in.

I don't think so. It's just another establishment manipulated press outlet.(fake news)

"The Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) is a daily compact newspaper published by Fairfax Media in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1831 as the Sydney Herald, the SMH is the oldest continuously published newspaper in Australia and a national online news brand."

Doesn't seem fake. You won't mind if I consult others.

If obama was such a bad president and trump is such a good one why then
- do we americans now need a visa to travel to europe
- does our highest elected office seem like satire all over the world
- did putin deploy cruise missiles
- did local judges warn trump on the dire consequences of pitting branches of government against each other
-are iranian generals using words of threats never before seen by a middle east nation
- Romania going back into the Soviet bloc
- is our alliance with australia now being tested
- Did UK speaker ban a sitting U.S. president to not speak at their assembly for the first time
-Why are corporations distancing themselves from the first family (most respectable family) due to threats of boycotts
- Why does robert Mugabe, a bloody dictator commend Trumps Nationalism stance
-Why are muslim AMERICAN CITIZENS for the first time like Mohamed Ali's son and the NASA engineer being detained/questioned at the airport.....about their religion
-Why is a nation like India issuing warnings to its citizens about visiting the United states after a white guy at the bar thought an american indian engineer was iranian...of course he killed him for no reason

Either you trump voters are living in alternate universe or you don't understand the ramifications of the patterns emerging in this 'president'. This guy is going to set the U.s. back before the league of Nations and he's doing it at the rate of one year with each press conference.

I could keep going but it's getting pretty futile, I think my favorite is random white people yelling "I voted for trump" to cashiers and customer service reps......this is of course when they don't get the service they expect and when the associate is a minority...I had a chance to witness this last week and it was hilarious.

Donald J. Trump has a vision of rebuilding America not seen since Ronald Reagan, he has not set the county back, President Trump has unfolded a plan of rebuilding what was a great nation from the damage caused by George W. Bush, Obama and the global corporations headed by Soros and other cosmpolitan elites.

Visas required to travel to EU and foreign leaders' typical disdain and envy of America-first policies is trivial. The average blue collar worker having their benefits taken away, taxed exorbitantly by Obama to fund obamacare to welfare recipients, and their wages reduced due to illegal and legal importation of unskilled from South and Central America labor must stop. Look back at Obama's tenure with an unbiased, critical eye and you will see what he did, the racist agenda he pushed against the people who built this nation in the name of his subtle yet hateful anti-white agenda of basically disempowering and disenfranchising any white person who wasn't part of the plutocratic globalist elite in the name of his delusional form of "social justice".

I'm surprised he is trusted with Nuclear arsenal, yet he can't control his tweeter responses. What a crazy maniac. Lunatic. Words fail me.

Yet with all that is going on in Iran and North Korea, you call Trump crazy? Remember it was Obama who gave Iran over $1 billion in cash and signed the bad nuclear deal with them. Those countries and their nuclear weapons are within range of the UK. You should be more concerned about their lunatic leaders.

Peter

Economic transformation . . . requires governments to sustain major investments over decades. These are investments in public goods and services such as education, infrastructure and research. History shows that no country has ever become wealthy through small government, laissez-faire policies, as urged by Republicans since Reagan. If you look at long periods — decades — government leadership through investment and regulation has always been a driving force in continuing and broad-based growth of developed economies — in opportunity for all.

Tax cuts can increase growth somewhat in the short term, but in the U.S. they have never created enough growth to make up for the lost revenue by increased tax receipts. In fact, in the past, investment of tax funds has regularly grown the economy more than cutting taxes and leaving the money in the hands of the rich. For example, the economy grew more under tax-increaser Bill Clinton than tax-cutter Ronald Reagan, and more under tax-increaser Obama than tax-cutter George W. Bush. This claim of tax cuts paying for themselves has never been respectable amongst professional economists; even George W. Bush’s economic advisor Greg Mankiw once labeled those who advanced this claim as “charlatans and cranks.”

--William Berkson

Economic transformation . . . requires governments to sustain major investments over decades. These are investments in public goods and services such as education, infrastructure and research. History shows that no country has ever become wealthy through small government, laissez-faire policies, as urged by Republicans since Reagan. If you look at long periods — decades — government leadership through investment and regulation has always been a driving force in continuing and broad-based growth of developed economies — in opportunity for all.

Tax cuts can increase growth somewhat in the short term, but in the U.S. they have never created enough growth to make up for the lost revenue by increased tax receipts. In fact, in the past, investment of tax funds has regularly grown the economy more than cutting taxes and leaving the money in the hands of the rich. For example, the economy grew more under tax-increaser Bill Clinton than tax-cutter Ronald Reagan, and more under tax-increaser Obama than tax-cutter George W. Bush. This claim of tax cuts paying for themselves has never been respectable amongst professional economists; even George W. Bush’s economic advisor Greg Mankiw once labeled those who advanced this claim as “charlatans and cranks.”

--William Berkson

You forgot about the wall across the border with Mexico, deportation of welfare-dependent illegal immigrants, tariffs on imports, and increase in the defense budget. All of these actions will raise morale and economic prosperity among native citizens who have been sold down the river by the elite for too long.

Yet with all that is going on in Iran and North Korea, you call Trump crazy? Remember it was Obama who gave Iran over $1 billion in cash and signed the bad nuclear deal with them. Those countries and their nuclear weapons are within range of the UK. You should be more concerned about their lunatic leaders.

Peter

I've got to agree with that !
As well :LOL:

http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/mexico-commits-biological-warfare-on-u-s/

Mexicans released an estimated 143 million gallons of raw sewage into California beaches for a period spanning at least 18 days. There was no alert that it was coming. NAFTA and other international treaties that establish fair warning and other notification measures meant nothing to them. The sewage was pumping directly into California neighborhoods for weeks before there was any notice to tourists and home owners affected.

A local radio station reported, “The mayor of Imperial Beach and other city officials, may have known about the massive sewage spill for weeks and kept that information from the public.”

If the International Boundary and Water Commission, or IBWC, knew about a pipe failure in January, why would it wait three entire weeks to inform residents and beach-goers

Tijuana-sewage.jpg

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/mexico-commits-biological-warfare-on-u-s/#DWZbRXiRE142bADZ.99

I've got to agree with that !
As well :LOL:

Why would either of those two countries attack the UK?

You two come out with question deflection tripe about Korea and Iran having nuclear weapons.

I'm surprised he hasn't tweeted about his FBI poodle "Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump's Wiretapping Claim"

That's a little strange isn't it FBI v Trump opposing views.

I can see where this is going? Trump wants to clear the swamp but the swamp monster is fighting back. Get your comic books out. News story to be told here.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Assassination – serious possibility?

How's this as a piece of childhood wisdom from one of our 12-year-old members in the extended family who is taking a serious interest in politics -

This young man has been following the United States political scene and has come up with the following hypothesis regarding the possibility of the President being assassinated. His considered opinion is that Donald Trump is unlikely to be assassinated because all the idiots who would do that sort of thing, have in fact, voted for him and therefore he is reasonably protected at the moment.

(Perhaps I should get him to come and help me with trading?)

The guy in charge of North Korea is a nutter.
Q.E.D.

North Korea will need to be dealt with sooner or later. Monitoring, sanctions and isolationism are only holding tactics, but they seem to be digging their heels in, getting worse and showing no signs of reforming. As for action, probably now a question of when not if.