Trading the SPX

Mr_Stochastyk said:
There is a possibility that the bull market is over and that we've actually seen the top.
If this is true, I think that we'll need a crazy short squeeze ride to the 1450-1470 area to confirm the top..and then we'll see the big boyz betting tens of milions $ in April/May/June put contracts with NDX, SPX p/c ratios going through the roof ...

good luck in your trades,

Andre

The SPX is in a really juicy nice narrow band and edging to the downside.

The stats in the next 10 minutes will shift this market one way or another. I'm expecting negative downside movement. If bad then we could head back down to 1370 regions.

I can't imagine the upside but perhaps 1430.

I'm going to make sure I'm on the correct side of my MAs either way.

Good trading everyone. :|

Atilla said:
The SPX is in a really juicy nice narrow band and edging to the downside.

The stats in the next 10 minutes will shift this market one way or another. I'm expecting negative downside movement. If bad then we could head back down to 1370 regions.

I can't imagine the upside but perhaps 1430.

I'm going to make sure I'm on the correct side of my MAs either way.

Good trading everyone. :|
attilla,before #s days open,go to the street.com,hit markets,leftside of page hit global,when they are all up by 1-2%,gotta be long,wish i saw your post at 7am instead of 7:30

ammo said:
attilla,before #s days open,go to the street.com,hit markets,leftside of page hit global,when they are all up by 1-2%,gotta be long,wish i saw your post at 7am instead of 7:30

Hi Ammo,

tried www.street.com & Market Research but don't see global anywhere or what you mean on this post.

Sorry can you explain a little more.

Regards,

ammo said:
www.thestreet.com/market....left corner..market overview box....bottom rt corner of box...global

I see as an indication of what's round the corner. Yep good idea. One query though is it's the US market that usually leads. The recent HK trigger is a rare phenomena imo which perhaps underlies changing fundamentals and pegging order of markets.

SPX has had a surge and now back down again. If it makes another lower high I think it will sink below 1400 again - hopefuly, making a lower low.

Global Indeces

The market held the 1390 level which I was hinting at as the MOB for the delta rotation, below the lesser was still down, above the lesser had turned up as the inter showed its hand...So the 12th is the next lesser delta time point.

Intraday hints at a turn point around 18.30-1900 (high) then another turn around 20.20 (low) :?:

Edit looks like the turns come in at the 17.50 point ( unusually early) The 18.30-19.00 could be a secondary high point as that where the normal turn is due..
:)

Last edited:
Bez said:
Intraday hints at a turn point around 18.30-1900 (high) then another turn around 20.20 (low) :?:

Edit looks like the turns come in at the 17.50 point ( unusually early) The 18.30-19.00 could be a secondary high point as that where the normal turn is due..

Getting a little touch of deja vu here as this is what happened on the 8th.

The order of the markets are playing their part on stage... Encore encore...

Hmm these "half hour" out turns are pesky...

For those who are interested, have a look at the 5min bars from the 17:25 high to the 19:40 low..There are 26 bars (26 is13X2 always keep an eye on the alt double fibs) I personally would of liked a 34 bar move but the number 26 is always one to watch...:eek:

The clue that I missed (trading stocks) was the move up from the 15:25 was also 26 bars..a very strong hint that it was working the double fibs :eek:

Last edited:
90/30 Day Cycle

Here is an interesting move. The breakdown ended exactly at the bearish diagonal (just as it did last June) on a 30 day time cycle. A re-test with new low back to the diagonal on lower volume - say in early April - would be a good buying price/time.

Attachments

• spx_90.GIF
    spx_90.GIF
    54.8 KB · Views: 165
ajaskey said:
Here is an interesting move. The breakdown ended exactly at the bearish diagonal (just as it did last June) on a 30 day time cycle. A re-test with new low back to the diagonal on lower volume - say in early April - would be a good buying price/time.

Or it will reach resistance at previous support line (1430 is the fib 61% retrace) and fall back again and we see a change in trend. :rolleyes:

An SPX EW doodle to fit the delta :?:

For the intraday I'd like a "throw-over" high point in the first 30min-45min to finish the "b" wave on the chart then down till lunch, then chop up through lunch, then its back down till the last hour :?:

Attachments

• spxdoodle.jpg
    spxdoodle.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 172
Hi everyone

I've got a quick newbie-type question. I am trading US indices through IG and I've figured out that I will need volume data for these futures. Did some research and came to the conclusion that charting package and Rt datafeed would be needed (revolutionary indded, I know
:LOL: :LOL: ). So, I did some digging again and came up with an idea that QuoteTracker with IQfeed seems to be a good solution and not so expensive but here I found the dilemma as not sure which IQfeed package would be enough for this purpose. Is it going to be enough just to have CME E-mini or I need full CME feed? All I need is to have reliable volume data for S&P and Dow futures to help my decision making on IG platform.
P.S. i know about direct access IB account with free datafeed and charting package but atm it is not an option.
I would really appreciate any suggestions
thanx
maciek

Hi mowczarek,

The CME & CBOT e-mini feeds (IQ's $29 & $0) is fine for what your after :)

Bez said:
Hi mowczarek,

The CME & CBOT e-mini feeds (IQ's $29 & $0) is fine for what your after :)

Bez

thanx for your quick response
Is CME Emini going to give me level II data as well or I need another trick for that?

maciek

You should get DOM included although I haven used the IQ feed in a while....

Its not an easy task, daytading the bookies SPX .. the spread is barmy :rolleyes: The best I've seen is a 4 tick spread.... I dread to think what IG spread is.

Just did a quote on the quotetracker IQ feed website...
Came to $69 :)

Attachments

• iq feed2.jpg
    iq feed2.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 196
Bez said:
You should get DOM included although I haven used the IQ feed in a while....

Its not an easy task, daytading the bookies SPX .. the spread is barmy :rolleyes: The best I've seen is a 4 tick spread.... I dread to think what IG spread is.

Well, I know its not a perfect solution. IG' spread for SP is 0.7 point while Dow is 4 points so its not an easy life. its roughly 4xthe real spread, but if u get it right through IG and on this spread and survive nothing can scare you later. :LOL:
thyanx for your help
m

Hi
Its me again needing more help
I did subscribe to IQfeed, so now am running Quote Tracker with CME mini, CBOT mini and Eurex feed but I have no idea how to find what I need to have which is .ES, YM and DAX for starters.
Always garteful for help
maciek