Trading the E-mini

It's only 2 grand a point rob, what could go wrong? :whistling

black%20swan.png

I can't even fit that Swan on screen when I move the browser to my excessively large monitor LOLOLOLOLOL

As for your chickensh1t bet, 1 SD from settlement is about 8-10pts at the moment so I reckon when you're offside about 60k you should go in very large just to demonstrate your conviction in this trade

I can't even fit that Swan on screen when I move the browser to my excessively large monitor LOLOLOLOLOL

As for your chickensh1t bet, 1 SD from settlement is about 8-10pts at the moment so I reckon when you're offside about 60k you should go in very large just to demonstrate your conviction in this trade

Ah yeah I've heard about that method on the boards. Will give it a go if things get near the 1665 area. Can't hurt. I tell you what, if you put up the risk capital, I'll post the margin?

Ah yeah I've heard about that method on the boards. Will give it a go if things get near the 1665 area. Can't hurt. I tell you what, if you put up the risk capital, I'll post the margin?

I'm in!

For the record, I consider 1665 a little tight as 6 x SD is what I use for absolute certainty of being on the wrong side of the market.

Long 53 on ES - will write this trade up once finished. Once again it is the FESX/ES relationship that came in.

OK - out at 57.75

Last edited:
So if you look at the FESX and ES chart enclosed you'll get an idea of what prompted me to enter.

1) ES had a little pop up on the open and then proceeded to sell off.

2) Once it got to about 53, it started to struggle.

3) Now look at the corresponding FESX chart - it has been trading above yesterday's high and been building up value there. I went short on FESX this morning and took a 4pt loss - telling me it had no real desire to trade below 2800 really. So it was no surprise that it held there whilst the US session tried to sell.

4) At 14:46 I got filled at 53 - a good entry for me, FESX continued to hold around 2800

5) Eventually ES took off to try and take out the recent high around 59.75 where I came out at 57.75 once it looking like it was struggling a bit.

So once again this is the ES/FESX relationship informing me when good entries may occur on the dominant index (FESX in the morning, ES in the afternoon) by looking at S/R on the other index.

Attachments

• FESX vs ES 2.png
    FESX vs ES 2.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 132
Back From Honeymoon - re-orienting

Base at 1660, high at 1670.75. Below that nothing much till 1650.

Weekly Numbers
Range - 1621.50 -> 1665.75
Value -1635.25 -> 1665.75
Single @ 1660.
R1 - 1678.75

Daily Numbers
Range - 1659.75 (globex)/1661 -> 1670.50
Value - 1662.50 -> 1667
Overnight - 1661.25 -> 1667.25

9:43:00 Long 66.75
9:46:16 Sold 67.75
9:49:55 Sold 68.75
9:57:32 Sold 68.75 - did have a target at yesterdays high but looked like it was failing, so bailed out.

Nice start back after a week in Singapore with the wife...

Nice Honeymoon - WITHOUT THE KIDS!!!

Welcome back Pedro :)

Just as you are back, I'm off!

BTW Pete - where is that in the second photo (elevated look over somewhere)

Last edited:
Good to see you punching above your weight with the wife. ;)

Seriously?

I thought she lucked out when she met me...

You must have mud in your eye or something. Go to an opticians straight away.

BTW - that last one is the Long Bar at Raffles - the home of the Singapore Sling - a bargain at only $30 a glass.

Other highlights of Singapore - $300/night hotels WITHOUT BREAKFAST INCLUDED, $17 beers - that's the norm for a pint of guiness/Kilkenny, regular Heineken is about $14 a pint, $200 lunches, $500 for a crab...

Yet you can get a taxi to the airport for $15....

Seriously?

I thought she lucked out when she met me...

You must have mud in your eye or something. Go to an opticians straight away.

BTW - that last one is the Long Bar at Raffles - the home of the Singapore Sling - a bargain at only $30 a glass.

Other highlights of Singapore - $300/night hotels WITHOUT BREAKFAST INCLUDED, $17 beers - that's the norm for a pint of guiness/Kilkenny, regular Heineken is about $14 a pint, $200 lunches, $500 for a crab...

Yet you can get a taxi to the airport for $15....

well bugger that then, I will find a place where my GBP goes further. Your wife looks about 21 but I reckon she is late 20's as orientals look younger. :p still trying to convince my wife to wear white knee length socks.

well bugger that then, I will find a place where my GBP goes further. Your wife looks about 21 but I reckon she is late 20's as orientals look younger. :p still trying to convince my wife to wear white knee length socks.

She's 31... in or out of knee length socks.

I got out at 1635 for a massive 1 point profit after being 50 points in the hole thanks to the vague mention of tapering yesterday.

That's real trading for you. 50:1 risk reward ratio.

lolololol. shirly you could have held it.....:LOL:

I got out at 1635 for a massive 1 point profit after being 50 points in the hole thanks to the vague mention of tapering yesterday.

That's real trading for you. 50:1 risk reward ratio.

Not many things make me laugh out loud but that did.

There's nothing to be said other than I am happy to hear you got out with your head above water.