Trading the E-mini

ES very rangy today looking a little heavy now. will watch to see if we make S1 @1619.0

Last edited by a moderator:
All the money's headed for the dollar today non? Indices will probably shuffle along until the post Wall Street lunch sell off on the dollar.

It is indeed looking that way isn't it..

Not traded today, decided to go for a golf lesson to correct my swing.

Last edited:
I see this as a dead bounce to about 58/59, then a roll over to 40.

What sort of target are you looking for?

How are you liking your new instrument?

I see this as a dead bounce to about 58/59, then a roll over to 40.

What sort of target are you looking for?

How are you liking your new instrument?

I had a limit order at 60 but if it doesn't get filled there will take a market order for about 58

Stop at BE now, if it drops below 51 will probably bail.

I'm finding it easier to trade than ES - it is less schizophrenic if that makes sense

I had a limit order at 60 but if it doesn't get filled there will take a market order for about 58

Stop at BE now, if it drops below 51 will probably bail.

I'm finding it easier to trade than ES - it is less schizophrenic if that makes sense

Those seem like good levels from where Im standing.

It also has its own identity through the am session, which is nice, as it doesn't have to be led on a lead all day. Apart from when the ES has a major decision to make.

Good trading to you this week!

Those seem like good levels from where Im standing.

It also has its own identity through the am session, which is nice, as it doesn't have to be led on a lead all day. Apart from when the ES has a major decision to make.

Good trading to you this week!

You too :)

At present, my long FT is holding up and I have a breakout for +7. I'm not closing, yet.

13:11 I closed while in some kind of profit---+3

See what happens later.

Last edited:
13th May

Looking at the breakout from 1595 as the potential bottom of the range but 1607.25 would be better from the perspective of future vertical development. As we move vertical->horizontal->vertical, a bit of air between the ranges is a better sign we'll carry on up.

Last weeks profile has a slightly different perspective with the step at 1622 filled in a bit. Overall, people liked trading higher up. We are going to open in the middle of that, so maybe a shorter term extreme is needed to play off.

Weekly Levels
Range 1607.25 - 1632.25
Value 1616.75 - 1630.75
R1 - 1638, S1 1613

Daily Levels
Yesterdays Range 1620.25 -1630.50 (pit)/1631 (globex)
Yesterdays Value 1623 - 1627.50
Globex Range 1621.50 - ??
Yest Settl 1629.50, 1617

Some trades just take too looooooong

[youtube]repLvtCF3PA[/youtube]

Cliff notes - short 1627.75 exit 1626.75, 1626.50, 1624.75

Short at 32.50 and then reversed at 34. Stop @ BE now.

Looking for a base to form around 40

Out @ 37.25 - looked weak

Last edited: