Trading the E-mini

****ing bund, leaving it alone for a bit with all this whipsaw

Didn't trade intraday today cuz I wasn't feeling up for it which usually leads to bad decisions if I force myself.

Longer term trades: missed entries on Euro and natty gas, holding RBOB and HG long and stopped out of my hogs short two days ago.

****ing bund, leaving it alone for a bit with all this whipsaw

Didn't trade intraday today cuz I wasn't feeling up for it which usually leads to bad decisions if I force myself.

Longer term trades: missed entries on Euro and natty gas, holding RBOB and HG long and stopped out of my hogs short two days ago.

I've done well on footsie. I was not in that large lunchtime rise, though---I got out too soon because I was not sure if it would spike down, but have had two profitable trades today. Pity I did not catch that, though. :(

cool, I didn't look at ftse today. Moving away from it into the bund...I don't see it as a long term option with the lack of depth.

Genuinely shocked you chose to miss this NFP day, Rob... even a number on estimate would have sent it flying thanks to last month's figure.

After having sat in a beer garden all afternoon and looking at today's behaviour I can catergorically confirm that drinking 7 pints of beer in the beer garden of The Duke of Kent in Ealing was by far, the best conceivable use of my time today.

NFP feels like a lottery these days especially with the extent of correction post print.

out of copper now...not sure what to make of it. Still holding RBOB.

On the one hand it's always nice to see such a quick profit, on the other the mean reversion after a big up day usually shakes me out so my net profit ends up being smaller if I try to hold.

Been extremely lazy with intraday lately, let's see if I can get out of bed for the open tomorrow.

6th May

Ok - so we popped up to 1615, London closed today, so not reading too much into Globex action. Question on everyones lips is whether we'll hold these prices.

To the downside we have the breakout area around 1593->1595. To the upside, just the all time high.

Weekly Numbers
Last Weeks Range - 1573.75 -> 1614.25
Last Weeks Value - 1580.75 -> 1593.50
Significant Weekly Levels - 1607.50, 1594.50 (break out point), R1 1623.25, S1 1585

Daily Numbers
Yesterdays Range - 1589.50 (globex), 1605.50 (pit) -> 1614.25
Yesterdays Value - 1609 -> 1613.25
Overnight Range - will fill in later - small 'cause of London holiday.

No news due.

Still edging up – a bit of a base at 1607.50 . To the downside we have the breakout area around 1593->1595. To the upside, just the all time high and R1 @ 23.25.

Not much headway made yesterday at all

Weekly Numbers
Last Weeks Range - 1573.75 -> 1614.25
Last Weeks Value - 1580.75 -> 1593.50
Significant Weekly Levels - 1607.50, 1594.50 (break out point), R1 1623.25, S1 1585

Daily Numbers
Yesterdays Range – 1607.50 (globex), 1609.25 (pit) -> 1615.25
Yesterdays Value – 1610.75 -> 1614.25
Yesterdays Settl – 1613.50
Globex Range – 1609.25 –> 1616.25

Off the open not expecting much but will be watching to drop into yesterdays value.

I picked up +27 shorting the Euro/$ this afternoon. TBH I can't get much joy out of SP, I seem to do better in Europe.

-6 for me in FGBL

I got on 3mins into session for what looked like an open-test-drive for it to stall, with me taking 1.5. Then off the strength of the rejection from 1619, I got short at 15.50 only to be taken out at 18.50. Should have taken support at 15.25 as a sign to bail really but thought I would give it some space as it was one of the longer TF trades I take. C'est la vie.

I picked up +27 shorting the Euro/$ this afternoon. TBH I can't get much joy out of SP, I seem to do better in Europe.

Are u sure its not luck you have done better in europe. I watch s&p, dow, ftse and dax they are near 100% correlated.

Short 26.50

Came out at 27.25 - not convinced this was going

Back in at 26.25

Out at 26, didn't think it was going further south.

Last edited:
Are u sure its not luck you have done better in europe. I watch s&p, dow, ftse and dax they are near 100% correlated.

Maybe it was luck, but I shorted the Euro when I figured it was going to go down and that's what happened.:)

I shorted at 1443 . It seems to me that the indices were going up at that time.

Maybe it was luck, but I shorted the Euro when I figured it was going to go down and that's what happened.:)

I shorted at 1443 . It seems to me that the indices were going up at that time.

what is 1443 ? Is that the time 14:43 ? Which Euro cross Eur Usd ?

14:43 7th May. hours Brit time Shorted Euro/$ for 1.31139. Closed at 1.30869. I thought I mght have quoted CET but it is correct.

I wish I had done it today, but I ddn't so, perhaps, there was an element of luck involved. I was looking at something else.

Last edited: