Trading Naked - Part 2

In case anyone is interested this is what the FXCM platform looks like......

fxcm.jpg

Edit: forgot the other bit!!

fxcm 2.jpg

GU posted a set of LrLs, and now just posted a LrH.

would you be looking to short the break of 1.6503 and lower??

GU posted a set of LrLs, and now just posted a LrH.

would you be looking to short the break of 1.6503 and lower??

Yes - definitely, but also looking at going long above most recent M5 high. I always try and keep my options open.

Edit: I should add that I am viewing the fact that the most recent M5 high hasn't taken out the 2 from earlier this morning as a potential early warning signal for a reversal. That said, every time I try and think too hard and get bias, cable always does the opposite!!

Looking a bit like pre-FOMC chop monster at the moment. Perhaps ISM or Crude might wake her up?

Currently trying to move house (still) so have abandoned full time trading for the moment. In the interim I've taken advantage of FXCM's free $25 offer and am having a go at seeing if I can build it up a bit.

Balance currently standing at $34.60 after the nice little run up this morning.

Edit: Hardly very nice - in fact proably one of the toughest moves I've seen - chop chop the whole way lol!!

Currently stopped out of long with brackets above and below the current levels....

OMG,

I cant believe the last thread was just an ellaborate ploy to raise a readership so you can spam us withe fxcm offers:LOL::LOL::LOL:

OMG,

I cant believe the last thread was just an ellaborate ploy to raise a readership so you can spam us withe fxcm offers:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Damnit - I knew the Mods would cotton on.....

TBH I am really struggling with the platform for a number of reasons but mainly due to the constant chopping between MT4 to see what's going on and the fact that the closest I can move a stop to price is 7 pips. This might be fine for plays that are working out but not for the ones that are going wrong!! That's not saying it's no good, just that it doesn't suit my style (please note this last point FXCM as I may need my $25 account topping up quite soon ;-) )

How's cable been for you today Vinnie?

have not had time to trade this week, rushing round to the vet for my dog on monday, rushing round to get my car back from the garage yesterday so i only managed 4 hours sleep over the two days, went to bed this morning and slept all day.

I was chatting to someone earlier today about chart preparation etc. and here's how one of my screens looks at the moment. On it is marked:

levels - chart set-up.gif

Daily extreme levels (red)
H4 extreme levels (blue)
H1 and below (noise) levels (grey)

HTH

Rob

2 trades so far today.

Edit: both were longs, sorry for the **** annotation!

Attachments

• 051109.jpg
    051109.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 167
Nice little trade in play at the moment. Entered on a break of the blue line with stop now at break even. I'm looking to add on a break of 6497 (assuming it does break!!)

gbpusd - 091105 m5 c.gif

Target / TP levels marked in grey

Stopped out!!

gbpusd - 091105 m5 d.gif

Just chatting to someone and we were both very interested in the 2 M5 candles highlighted on this chart as they look as if they may have been providing an early warning signal. I spend a lot of time asking myself if this sort of thing is noise or really should be taken seriously???

I think I get the breakout blocks. This is how I see it, in hindsight.
The last horiz-line is red, becasue I dont think the "3" was "in" before the "2" broke, so I wouldnt have shorted at break of "2".

Attachments

• kj-test001.jpg
    kj-test001.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 191
Hello Trendie,

I'm sitting here chatting with someone on msn and, looking at your chart, they said 'cos that chart makes it look so easy'. This reminded me of a very interesting post I read on another forum about trading S/R like this where the OP made the point that most will discount this way of trading because 'surely it can't be this easy / simple etc.?'

I have an internal battle constantly raging within me to try and make it more complicated but, as your chart brilliantly demonstrates, I don't think it does have to be any harder / more complex etc.

FWIW the OP to whom I refer has his 9 year old daughter trading this way (although way better than I can!).

All the best

Rob

Not trading pre-BOE but here are a couple of nice levels that price has been respecting today......

gbpusd - 091105 m5 e.gif

Shame it's news time again as 6596 is looking like quite an interesting level to watch....

gbpusd - 091105 m5 f.gif

Pivot/Support?

Stopped out!!

View attachment 67684

Just chatting to someone and we were both very interested in the 2 M5 candles highlighted on this chart as they look as if they may have been providing an early warning signal. I spend a lot of time asking myself if this sort of thing is noise or really should be taken seriously???

Just got indoors....Are those bars just above a pivot line of support and rest. ?
Looks like it to the left.

Just got indoors....Are those bars just above a pivot line of support and rest. ?
Looks like it to the left.

Hi Neil,

Yes - that's what it looked like. Was a pretty important level IMO until BOE, but I still have it marked on.

All the best

Rob