TheBramble's Short-Term Spot FX Biases

Just got a technical short entry setup on EURAUD and as I’m technically a short-term Bear on this pair it was worth a look. What I don’t ‘get’ is the apparent Support it has at the 2770 level. As I don’t have any technical basis for it, I’m assuming there’s something I don’t know and I’m staying out – for now.

Be interested if anyone else has anything at that level. Gannites, Ellioticains, Wolffers etc.

EURUSD just gave me a long entry setup but I'm shy ahead of the London open, such as it will be today, in 7 mins.

Both USD and JPY taken independently are pretty week with JPY (just) having the edge. It’s still showing potential for a valid short entry setup, but my guess is that if taken it could be a little lacklustre. Still, with nothing much likely to happen in the US and JPY being held artificially low there is possibly something to play for.

May be a long drawn out affair if we take it, but we’re not juggling too much else at the moment!

USDJPY already found Support on the Daily S2 at 79.34 since open, but it hasn’t travelled back up to any obvious Resistance before appearing to weaken. I’m building a case for the Short.

Nothing doing on that bar. 15 minutes until the next potential signal point. Time for my 5th espresso...

Got out at 79.38. +1 on 21 risk. Can't be ****!d to calculate P&L to we'll call it a scratch.

I did say it might be a grind of a day and that USDJPY might be a drawn out affair, but even by USDJPY standards it was just open risk and exposure with no increase in differentials.

Watch it tank now I’m out….

For anyone wondering why I’m not taking Longs on AUDJPY & AUDUSD the differentials are significant in both cases, but the price action does not fully reflect the size of those differentials. It’s like pedalling into a head-wind. Often the case with short term contra the longer term.

Which reminds me to highlight to you the difference on a true reversal.

On a true reversal, the short-term will obviously always be contra the longer term, but, the price moves purposefully (aka momentum). You still get pullbacks, but the HH/LL are clearly defined.