TheBramble's Short-Term Spot FX Biases

I placed the stop for EURAUD right on the SR level at 2739 which is both Yesterday's AND Today's FLA. Should be strong Resistance. But I should have added a few pips fuzz to allow for wibble.

So if it breaks Today's Open at 2726 I'm going to move the stop up to 2747. If I do that, I'll cover 20% of my position and take a loss on that portion while maintaining my standard risk on the new (smaller by 20%) position size with the larger number of pips (all 8 of them!).

EURACD Stop at 2860. Today’s FLA and a Fib that I forgot what was so secret about it.

EURJPY Stop at 100.10. RN, Today’s FLA, secret Fib etc.

EURUSD Stop 2582. Today’s FLA, Fib (and by the time I get in, a bunch of other Fibs and possibly even Daily Pivot to provide potential Resistance).

NVP - you'll have to let me know how your trades worked out as I'm always willing to be eductaed.

I'm not sure if you'll learn much off me B.....just some simple Strengthmeter analysis and playing the YEN and USD bias off of the Dow futures direction

i'm enjoying the Squawk box and this thread....great stuff ;)

N

Did you develop your own strength meter or do you use one of the off-the-shelf varieties?

I've only ever looked at the one Henry Liu (sp?) provides, but in all honesty, not only did it not add anything, it rather complicated and confused.

EURAUD - Yesterday's Low at 2722. If that goes, then I suspect so also might Today's Open which is when Plan "B" comes into effect.

EURAUD - finger on the trigger ready to cover 20% of existing position if current bar closes above Today's Open.

Short term FX Bias – using m15 TF

AUD Long
EUR Short
GBPCHF Long
GBPJPY Short
GBPUSD – Long ***update****
USDCAD Short
USDCHF Long
USDJPY Short

Independent Single Currency Rankings (STRONGEST TO WEAKEST)
AUD AUD
CAD CAD
NZD NZD
USD GBP
GBP CHF
JPY EUR
EUR USD
CHF JPY

07:23 10:28

GBP & EUR strengthened +1. CHF strengthened +3.
USD weakened -3. JPY weakened -2.

Messing around with the editing on the above post and I missed the 20% cover and stop move. Stopped out anyhow. 100% risk taken. P&L Loss real -2%.

Sell EURCAD, EURJPY, EURUSD. Default position sizes and stop sizes (50 pips). Will update on Stops in due course.

Stops on EURJPY & EUTUSD as previously stated. 100.10 and 1.2582 repectively. Increase EURJPY posiiton by 40%. Increase EURUSD size by 25%. Brings both up to Stop adjusted full position size.

EURCAD stop to 1.2860 as previosuly stated. Not increasing position size which is 36% of normal Risk.

Did you develop your own strength meter or do you use one of the off-the-shelf varieties?

I've only ever looked at the one Henry Liu (sp?) provides, but in all honesty, not only did it not add anything, it rather complicated and confused.

hey B

I developed one off the back of the CCFP formulas at the MT4 site and working with some early indicators developed by Ferru_FX and TRO of all people !

its available at my Thread here on T2W ......its not rocket science and I offer it free to show people this style of analysis and trading

Strengthmeters are not everyones cup of tea and to most people my indicators look like deranged early Jackson Pollacks..........and probably are just that if you understand cockney rhyming slang ;)

N

I see the mood has swung in the last 30 mins with some great buys on USD now on low TF's

Last edited:
Am in full size on all three.

EURCAD avg. price of 2837.
EURJPY avg. price of 99.72.
EURUSD avg. price of 2538.