The Next US President

Attachments

• 3A3EAE3D00000578-3925108-image-a-37_1478809684607.jpg
    3A3EAE3D00000578-3925108-image-a-37_1478809684607.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 110
it goes to their sterling character...and devotion to humanity

that obama, clinton, warren and sanders have offered help, already

Or maybe not. No presidential candidate has ever encouraged violence the way Trump has. And his supporters have responded. So we'll see.

Fortunately I live in a Democratic state. Our crime is non-prejudicial.

No presidential candidate has ever done anything like Trump, he is a one off...He has said tonight that "Obama is a good man" Its becoming obvious that he says a lot of things then back-track's, not a great quality for a president.

No presidential candidate has ever done anything like Trump, he is a one off...He has said tonight that "Obama is a good man" Its becoming obvious that he says a lot of things then back-track's, not a great quality for a president.

I saw the two men meet. Trump was imitating Obama. Obama was leading.

Obama talking, leaning forward with elbows on knees fingers crossed, hands in front of him.

Trump, leaning forward with elbows on arm-rest or knees, finger tips touching, hands in front of him listening.

He keeps repeating same lines. "It's been wonderful". "We are going to do spectacular things". :sleep:

Obama then parts hands rests on armchair a little upright taking a dominant posture.

To me Trump looked uncomfortable and out of his comfort zone with shoulders slumped forward. He also is a liar. As he was saying "very good man", "very good man" about Obama he was looking away and down not into the cameras or towards Obama. Rabbit in headlights came to mind.

Anybody notice the statue head behind him? Was that staged. Thought it looked just great :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37932231

Last edited:

That's because the campaign is over. Time to bind wounds. You wouldn't expect them to insult each other face to face while they are trying to transfer power.

Peter

That's because the campaign is over. Time to bind wounds. You wouldn't expect them to insult each other face to face while they are trying to transfer power.

Peter

If one has nothing good to say about a man, he could simply have thanked Obama for receiving him at the White House.

Wouldn't like to make up words to fill the space but I suspect that's exactly what Trump does because he does not come across as sincere or genuine.

I've noticed he keep repeating the words;

"Let me tell you what we are going to do"
"We are going to do fantastic things. We are going to do wonderful things. We are going to do spectacular things."

He repeated the same stuff embellishing half truths with no detail all the way through.

In one of the congratulation pics, he went to kiss his wife and they simply bent to touch cheeks rather than stepping up to or embracing each other. There was a gap of about a foot between bodies.

Anyhow I thought that was strange. Not how I would congratulate my wife or expect a stand offish response.

Now with respect to his campaign manager that was full sideways body contact and close. Then there was another peck on the cheek from a black lady and immediately could tell that was very brief and not desired but had to be gotten out of the way.

I think Mr Trump has much learning and polishing to do considering the circles he'll be mixing in.

When it comes to Putin the guy is so difficult to read. He'd make a fantastic poker player. Expressionless. Like a spider. Only moves if you look away from it/him.

Good luck to him though. He deserves a good crack of the whip. Either he'll clean out the swamp or become as one with it.

Just my thoughts. :whistling

Just heard on TV tonight: Nigel Farage is taking credit for Trump's victory.

Peter

He has a wicked sense of humour our Nigel ! :LOL:

Nigel Farage has said he would accept a job from Donald Trump were the US Republican candidate to be elected as president.

The former Ukip leader has campaigned for Mr Trump in the United States, giving a stump speech at at a rally on stage with the billionaire.

Mr Farage, who remains leader of Ukip’s group of MEPs despite stepping down as party chief after the EU referendum, said he would like to serve as Mr Trump’s ambassador to the European Union.

another slice o pie
In contrast to Question Time last night where the invited panel did an exhaustive post mortem on the election but didn't, IMO, come up with any really revealing insights, this 'Slice of Pie' sums the whole thing up rather well. As is often the case with top notch satire like this, beneath the humour lies some solid and apposite observations.

The anti Trump protests in the USA surprise me a bit. Surely in a democracy the result is accepted by the losing party who slot in as the Opposition.

The deomcraps have had a good long run and now it's the others who get a go.

:)