The Next US President

Goodness gracious Mr T,

We have had one of the most vulgar and most sickening of a narcissistic man run for the most powerful position in the World using language that makes me look good.

Here we have a few protesters demonstrating venting some frustrations and sadness at what has come to be and you are on your high horse about how you perceive democracy should be?

On the other hand we have the Brexit vote where any comment or opinion expressed is mocked as moaning. These are labels coming from the Eurosceptics who've been moaning for the last 40+ years.

I think people who dish it should be able to take it.

Protesting by the way is not the same as over turning the vote. So no worries. Let the people express and vent some emotion.

I dread to think along with the black population the hispanic pops will become target practice for the police for simply running away from them.

Have a smoke and chill old bean. Let the peeps have their shout. (y)

No, no, no. My horse is higher than you can know, and I'm happy to lecture the best.

Democracy comprises duties as well as rights. Democracy includes the duty to accept the democratic process. It includes the right to protest but mindless protest is wasteful. Protest against democracy itself should be seen as treasonable to Americans and British, something we expect in Muslim states and dictatorships but not at home.

Better for these people to just take it and chill, in your own words.

Of course, I absolutely hope they will protest if some unpalatable Trump policy is put up.

On Brexit, I voted Remain but immediately advocated on this site that we show the EU a united front to get the best deal from Article 50 negotiations. Again, the democratic process at work.

No, no, no. My horse is higher than you can know, and I'm happy to lecture the best.

Democracy comprises duties as well as rights. Democracy includes the duty to accept the democratic process. It includes the right to protest but mindless protest is wasteful. Protest against democracy itself should be seen as treasonable to Americans and British, something we expect in Muslim states and dictatorships but not at home.

Better for these people to just take it and chill, in your own words.

Of course, I absolutely hope they will protest if some unpalatable Trump policy is put up.

On Brexit, I voted Remain but immediately advocated on this site that we show the EU a united front to get the best deal from Article 50 negotiations. Again, the democratic process at work.

Absolutely. The irony is that they are the preaching "no more violence" and yet, what are they doing but starting more violence. They are not protesting peacefully. They are starting garbage fires, setting effigies on fire. They don't want the police to hurt them, but they are hurting them. People have already been arrested for assault. Who do people think will put out those fires? The cities will have to have their firemen working in a possibly dangerous situation if those fires get out of control.

Wait for Trump to do something bad before crying foul. Imagine a minority walking into a white neighborhood. A white person may call the police because they are up to no good, but in reality they have not done anything wrong yet. Wait for them to break the law before you call the police. That is what all those protesters wanted in Cleveland, Ferguson,... So, wait for Trump to do something bad through policy before shouting, "They sky is falling, the sky is falling."

They are acting like children. "I am taking my ball and going home." Republicans did not protest with fires and the like during the Obama presidency, nor did they during the Clinton administration. Whenever these people (it is obvious who and why) don't get their way, they throw a tantrum.

Occupy Wall Street and now this. They keep saying that uneducated people voted for Trump. Fearmongering and causing havoc is STUPID. They are the uneducated ones.

@tomorton makes a good point about the Brexit as well. Non-Trump voters should be showing a united front. Unity is better for this country. It benefits everyone involved. Instead they are only concerned with what they want.

Last edited:
The monkey wrench as you call it was necessary. The current situation was and is a cancer. It was a choice between dying a slow death with convention treatment (Status Quo - Clinton) or the experimental new drug, which might help (Trump). Choosing the experimental drug might actually cure you or it might kill you quicker. However, I for one, think a slow painful death is much worse. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. The status quo is not working. You must change something.

ya, the solution is lets put someone in highest office with no experience governing..

yep thats the answer only answer i could think of ;)

lets play roulette with the world...ALL IN RED!!! spin that wheel!

ya, the solution is lets put someone in highest office with no experience governing..

I still don't hear a rebuttal. He has not done anything wrong yet. My answer to you is "oh yes, let's start trash fires and burn effigies in suits and assault random strangers because things didn't go our way."

Trump simply tapped into the discontent and wrestled power from the incompetents.

Nobody was forced to vote for him, but they did and in sufficient numbers for him to take charge. So, best you accept the will of the people eh !

Trump simply tapped into the discontent and wrestled power from the incompetents.

Nobody was forced to vote for him, but they did and in sufficient numbers for him to take charge. So, best you accept the will of the people eh !

he tapped into the discontents but he hasn't wrestled power ...the tea party repbulicans held the senate. nothing has changed, and so goes their obstructionism and policy of no compromise.

you saw how easy putin played trump, so will the tea party

they'll tell him how handsome & smart he is...game over..PLAYED!

The media kept pushing this idea that uneducated white people elected him. The math does not add up to support that claim.

66.2% of the blacks were eligibles to vote. 64.1% of non-Hispanic whites were eligible to vote. The black vote outpaced the white vote. Black Republicans increased in this election cycle from 9% to 14.4%.
27.3 million Hispanics eligible to vote. There was also the Latino Coalition for Trump. There was no Latino coalition for Romney or McCain.

Courtesy of the Census Bureau
Screen_Shot_2016_11_10_at_8_57_07_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_11_10_at_8_59_29_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_11_10_at_8_58_18_AM.png

he tapped into the discontents but he hasn't wrestled power ...the tea party repbulicans held the senate. nothing has changed, and so goes their obstructionism and policy of no compromise.

They didn't want him as their nominee.

Who played who ! :LOL:

They didn't want him as their nominee.

Who played who ! :LOL:

Amen. Also, I think Putin is a sexist homophobe, which is why I think Putin was buddy-buddy with Trump. It is was not because he liked Trump. It was social engineering. Americans do not like Putin, so if they see him with Trump, it hurts his chances and helps Clinton. Putin probably viewed Clinton as the optimal candidate. Being a sexist dictator, he probably thought less of her and that it would weaken America.

I think it is so funny how people are posting links without showing any proof of reading comprehension. Try stringing some sentences together in your own words. Make a logical argument. :rolleyes:

I think it is so funny how people are posting links without showing any proof of reading comprehension. Try stringing some sentences together in your own words. Make a logical argument. :rolleyes:

let me guess..atlas shrugs is under your pillow and you sleep good at night?

The media kept pushing this idea that uneducated white people elected him. The math does not add up to support that claim.

66.2% of the blacks were eligibles to vote. 64.1% of non-Hispanic whites were eligible to vote. The black vote outpaced the white vote. Black Republicans increased in this election cycle from 9% to 14.4%.
27.3 million Hispanics eligible to vote. There was also the Latino Coalition for Trump. There was no Latino coalition for Romney or McCain.

Your tables and graphs aren't related to your statements.

The Voters Who Gave Trump the White House

White Voters Chose Trump Over Clinton:

Trump was able to pull out tight victories in many swing states largely on his strength, and Clinton's weakness, among white voters. Trump beat Clinton 62 to 33 in counties that are at least 85 percent white.

Trump Ran Up Huge Margins in Middle Class Areas:

Trump delivered big vote totals in counties where the median income is between $25,000 and $30,000 a year. He received 52 percent of the vote in those counties, beating Clinton by nine points.

Trump Counties Have More Voters Who are U.S.-Born:

About 1 in every 7 Americans were born outside the U.S., but there are still large swaths of the country where 97 percent or more of the population was born in America.

Trump Ruled in Rural America:

Democratic voters are often clustered in cities, and Clinton slightly improved upon Obama's 2012 performance in counties with more than 1 million people. But that didn't matter— the rural vote came out in force for Trump. Clinton received less than 30 percent of the vote in counties with less than 20,000 people.

Trump's Best Counties Tended to be the Least Educated:

It shouldn't be surprising that Clinton did well in the most educated counties, which are often urban areas and college towns. She won 55 percent of the vote in counties where at least 40 percent of the population has a college degree. But that actually lagged Obama's performance from four years ago. Trump more than made up for that margin in the least-educated areas, winning 7 in 10 votes in counties where less than 20 percent of the population has a degree.

Trump Ran Away With the "American" Vote:

When asked by the Census to describe their heritage, about 1 in 3 Americans say German, Irish or English, the three most common ancestries in the U.S. But 22 million describe their ancestry as "American"— and Trump won big, 70 to 27, in counties where at least 20 percent of residents describe themselves that way.

--Bloomberg

Yes. Somehow posting links equates to reading comprehension. Another Trump surrogate......it's going to be a long four years

Politics and some Sport fans seem to have a lot in common.

30 yrs experience at doing smthg with a lot of connections!

since when is this a bad thing!!??

today. thats when its a bad thing