The Next US President

I am not sure who I prefer to win, maybe my heart tells Trump, he needs help (who does not?), he is fragile, but through his fragility you can perceive humanity.

And how does one reconcile this "fragility" with sexual assault and ridiculing the handicapped (et al)?

sorry I meant new hampshire and Pennsylvania.....they're betting on rural areas. Polls just opened.
People are comparing this to Brexit...except the leave campaign didn't say anything about grabbing pu55y. The guy had the whole thing on a platter....blew it with the controversies.

. . .
People are comparing this to Brexit...except the leave campaign didn't say anything about grabbing pu55y. The guy had the whole thing on a platter....blew it with the controversies.
The flip side of that particular coin is that crooked Hillary had the whole thing on a platter....blew it by being crooked!
:p

I have a question for our U.S. friends voting today . . .

Here in the U.K., if a voter doesn't like any of the candidates on offer, they have the option of 'spoiling' their paper. This can take a number of forms, e.g. putting an 'X' in all the available boxes or scribbling 'none of the above' - or something to that effect. The returning officer notes the number of spoiled ballot papers which then goes on public record. I always encourage people (usually youngsters) who otherwise wouldn't vote to do this because, by doing so, they are exercising their right to vote and thereby acknowledging the democratic system - albeit with many flaws - and, at the same time, making a powerful statement that their views are not represented by any of the candidates. IMO, it's a great pity more people don't do this for, if they did, politicians would sit up and take notice.

So, my question is: does the same thing happen in the U.S. - will spoiled ballot papers be officially recorded? If so, and if I was a U.S. citizen voting today - this is what I'd do.
Tim.

The choices are the choices. Non satisfied people voting for dr jill stein or the other guy from the libertarian party....there's always a 3rd guy but always comes out with less than 1 percent of vote.

Have to console oneself that Congress won't let them do anything much anyway. To get anything done in the US system means compromising and bribing members to vote their way.
A pity another actor won't step into the breach. No guts no glory !

I know that the Republicans are saying that it's all rigged, but, I must say, I watch CNN, and I think that the people on CNN, and in the media in general, are fundamentally decent human beings, and they realize what a total disaster it would be if Trump was elected. But then you've got Fox on the other side. Of course there's a little truth in what that side is saying, but when you line up the people that are connected with Trump: Chris Christie, Rudy Guiliani, Roger Ailes. These are some of the most utterly corrupt and disgusting, power-hungry creatures to be found anywhere on the planet, and they're all there on Trump's side. I find it incomprehensible that anyone would support him. But here's the thing: Politicians lie, at some stage and sometimes. A couple of hundred years ago some English ambassador was described as an honest man sent abroad to lie for his country. So I can forgive them for a certain amount of lying. It's inevitable. I understand it. But there's not an honest word that comes out of Donald Trump's mouth as far as I can tell.

So how do you account for his appeal?

I suppose when people get angry—and people are certainly very angry—they identify with someone who's also angry. But I'm not clear what points are being made in what Trump says, except that globalization can have some really harmful effects on employment and that a degree of protectionism is a viable option. I'm not desperately in favor of free trade all the time in all circumstances, so I would be sympathetic to that. But I just don't understand the appeal of [the rest of what he says]. And I just don't understand why the Clinton email thing was covered the way it was in the media, over and over, and that it was considered to be so important. I just don't understand that at all.

So you're with her?

Well, I was thinking today that the way I would put it is like this: Do you want someone running the United States who is basically in touch with reality, or do you want someone who isn't in touch with reality at all? I think the bigger point is that when Hillary lies, she knows she's lying, and I can accept that. But when Trump lies, he actually believes it because he is delusional.

--John Cleese

Here in the UK we used to have a rag tag rabble of a political party called the Liberal Democrats (nee Liberals), although there were some decent folk in that party and among their supporters but essentially they were the go to protest party for everyone unhappy with the two main parties. The US really needs that sort of third party valve to let off steam.
As it is, if Trump wins they will scald not only themselves but much of the Western world and beyond.

I'm not too worried about Trump's finger on the button of nuclear Armageddon, as he has too many properties he wants to preserve.

Trump is in it solely for the money he can squeeze out of it for himself. Don't expect any higher motives. His words give him away as a self centered, greedy a***hole. The embodiment of pig capitalism.

I watch CNN, and I think that the people on CNN, and in the media in general, are fundamentally decent human beings,

You mean like Donna Brazile, CNN contributor, who gave Hillary questions to the debates aganst Bernie?, or MSNBC moderator, John Harwood, who bragged to the DNC about how he hit Trump hard in the debate he moderated, just like he was told to do?
I just don't understand why the Clinton email thing was covered the way it was in the media, over and over, and that it was considered to be so important.
because it was about whether she had/sent/received classified information and how she sold out America for donations to the Clinton Foundation in which her and Bill created a huge personal wealth for themselves.

I think the bigger point is that when Hillary lies, she knows she's lying, and I can accept that.
How do you accept lies about Benghazi in which 4 Americans were killed due to her incompetence?

Peter

You mean like Donna Brazile, CNN contributor, who gave Hillary questions to the debates aganst Bernie?, or MSNBC moderator, John Harwood, who bragged to the DNC about how he hit Trump hard in the debate he moderated, just like he was told to do?

because it was about whether she had/sent/received classified information and how she sold out America for donations to the Clinton Foundation in which her and Bill created a huge personal wealth for themselves.

How do you accept lies about Benghazi in which 4 Americans were killed due to her incompetence?

Peter

You'll have to ask John Cleese.

Voter Intimidation Already An Issue In Florida

In a conference call with reporters, the Election Protection Coalition described reports in several states of voter intimidation or voting machine malfunctions. They have received a substantial number of calls from voters of color, and many of the calls have concerned polling sites not opening on time, broken voting machines and registration issues.

One state stood out in particular: Florida.

The EPC has heard from a number of voters across the Sunshine State. At the Hollywood Public Library in Broward County, at least one woman did not vote because she was intimidated by a group outside. In Jacksonville, someone entered a polling site and refused to leave. In Miami-Dade County, people were shouting at voters through megaphones.

Trump supporters have so much to be proud of.

I was wondering if any US bloggers here actually believe either of these parties with what they say or promise?

Can Trump bring jobs back to Ohio? Will he be able to bring Apples profits back into the USA? Will he be able to get them to pay tax?

Will Hilary be able to deliver on her promise of the minimum wage or eliminate tuition fees for families earning less than $125,000 a year?

:?::?::?::?:

I was wondering if any US bloggers here actually believe either of these parties with what they say or promise?

Can Trump bring jobs back to Ohio? Will he be able to bring Apples profits back into the USA? Will he be able to get them to pay tax?

Will Hilary be able to deliver on her promise of the minimum wage or eliminate tuition fees for families earning less than $125,000 a year?

:?::?::?::?:

I think you are missing the point.

Government keeps on extending it's sphere of influence to create dependency on.......you guessed it........government.

Everything they talk about is pretty much irrelevant, as long as enough people buy into keeping them in power.

If Americans truly want to make any kind of progress, then they need less government.

Government keeps on extending it's sphere of influence to create dependency on.......you guessed it........government.

Everything they talk about is pretty much irrelevant, as long as enough people buy into keeping them in power.

If Americans truly want to make any kind of progress, then they need less government.

The libertarian thing just doesn't have legs. You really need to find some other song to sing.

US global leader -> less government! Doesn't add up.

They have tentacles all over the place and you don't control the World with less government.

Are you being realistic?

I could be wrong. :cheesy:

And how does one reconcile this "fragility" with sexual assault and ridiculing the handicapped (et al)?

I am not sure how he can reconcile it, he clearly needs help, his arrogance, stupidity and aggressiveness clearly manifest his fragility, he does seem a very happy person to me but only a confuse one.

I watched the presidential debates, he constantly "sniffs" while he is expressing himself, I would not be surprised if he is heavy on cocaine.

I think Trump must have really pi55ed off a lot of people as there is a high turnout, so says the news media... :whistling