The Next US President

Trump has known how to tap into how a lot of discontented people feel about the administration right now.

The US is not alone. The same bad feeling is in Spain, UK and quite a few other European countries. Putin wants to tap into that discontent, too. so Trump is the favourite in Putin's camp.

The "administration" is a McGuffin. The discontent arises from the loosening of the grip of the white majority. It is for this reason that white supremacists have been discontented since Eisenhower. Either they will let go, not only here but in Europe, or we will be in for a very long and very cold winter.

I'm surprised most Americans don't ask themselves who their biggest threat, which is a resurgent and aggressive Russia under Putin, would prefer to see as President.
Since the Trump/Putin bromance is clear I'd have thought it blindingly obvious who was in America's best interest to elect for the security of their nation.

I'm surprised most Americans don't ask themselves who their biggest threat, which is a resurgent and aggressive Russia under Putin, would prefer to see as President.
Since the Trump/Putin bromance is clear I'd have thought it blindingly obvious who was in America's best interest to elect for the security of their nation.

That's not what Trump's supporters care about. They care about "making America great again," that is, before integration, before same-sex marriage, before women's rights, before Roe v Wade, before Loving v Virginia. They want whites to be back in charge and for everyone else to know their place. One need only to refer to the comments over the last eight years about the "monkeys" in the White House to see where these sympathies truly lie.

As for Russia, we'll just blast them out of existence (see Dr. Strangelove).

I will be glad when the circus is all over tomorrow night.

Has anyone got money riding on the result ?

Not me. The media seem to have helped to make it a close race.

The rising markets may indicate a Clinton win.

I suspect that most experienced traders are making their money today, a variation on buy the rumor, sell the news.

I suspect that most experienced traders are making their money today, a variation on buy the rumor, sell the news.

Very few if any, analysts are willing to stick their necks out with a forecast.
They should return to the analysts who got it right last time imho

The rising markets may indicate a Clinton win.

Yes. I've had money on Hillary Clinton since 14/06. Got 1.33, she's now 1.20. Its been quite a ride.

If America has a Trump win. Does that mean he has to ride in second class helicopters, a rather old airforce one, and a white house that's more like his shed.

596058848bbee415948afde2789f6b22.jpg

Either way the RICH are going to win as usual.
The US poor are such dummies. They swallow the same ole bull about the American Dream etc.
It catches them every 4 years. They will never learn.

Either way the RICH are going to win as usual.
The US poor are such dummies. They swallow the same ole bull about the American Dream etc.
It catches them every 4 years. They will never learn.

One could say the same thing about the poor -- and the middle class -- the world over. Swallowing the bull is not uniquely American. And there is a limit to it. See 1789.

This is how it's always been.

Rich \ middle \ poor

You can replace these (western categories in any culture throughout time).

King \ nobles \ workers

God \ priest \ sinner

Bush may go down in history as the last Republican.

Republican party is finished if Trump doesn't win!

I don't know too much about the way the US government works. ! thought, though, that the Republicans had control of the Senate. Isn't that why Obama was not able to get his bills through? He wanted to close Guantanmo, too, but that was blocked by the Senate, as well, from what I understand.

I don't know too much about the way the US government works. ! thought, though, that the Republicans had control of the Senate. Isn't that why Obama was not able to get his bills through? He wanted to close Guantanmo, too, but that was blocked by the Senate, as well, from what I understand.

Yes, they did. And still do. And they were determined to make him a one-term president. We all know how that worked out.

And so here we are after eight years of doing pretty much nothing (and a vow to continue doing nothing for at least the next four). A lesson to governments like and unlike all over the world.

As a party it is becoming un-electable alienating 50+% of the US population.

One could say the same thing about the poor -- and the middle class -- the world over. Swallowing the bull is not uniquely American. And there is a limit to it. See 1789.

And what happened in 1789 ?
Seems far back.