The end of the EU

One of the major issues with an ageing population is that we don’t yet have the medical capabilities to deal with advanced age related issues such as Alzheimer’s.

The money orientated USA ought to call up the old guard for their useless wars. No point in killing off the youngsters who could do some useful work. Think of the pension, medicare savings too !

Coming to think of it they could cull off a large bit of the lifers in prison too. Finally called upon to do something for others ?

lol

Last edited:
Better yet. Release all the Lifers on condition they hunt down and 'off' all the over 70s. $10 a pop. Offer the same deal to the over 70s. $10 a pop for each Lifer they take out. Not only do we reduce non-productive memebrs of the community, it gives the old folk something to get up for each morning and we get a good bit of entertainment into the bargain.

The money orientated USA ought to call up the old guard for their useless wars. No point in killing off the youngsters who could do some useful work. Think of the pension, medicare savings too !

Coming to think of it they could cull off a large bit of the lifers in prison too. Finally called upon to do something for others ?

lol

They could form an army not of "Old Contemptibles" but of " Old Expendables ".

:LOL:

It's worth mentioning that there is a fair bit of difference between valuntary and non-voluntary euthanasia.

It could even be argued that forcing a terminally ill person to continue to suffer needlesly against their will is closer to the idea of terminating them against their will than it is to offering them the opportunity to choose to meet the inevitable with dignity.

I am not talking about killing people but allowing them to die. Everybody wants to live for ever but C'est la vive.

In elderly peoples homes some old bodies are so immobile it takes two nurses to move them in and out of bed and armchair. Not to mention incontinence and diper training. Patient may well be 90+. They are parked there and then tossed about all over the place; bed to chair to bed. Bathed and dressed etc etc.

Babies don't get looked after by two people but their mother come what may or state they end up in.

Amount of resources these draw are beyond £000,000,000 and growing. What input do they have?

Who can rate the quality of life other than drawing breath.

When I get to an age where I can't get in and out of my own bed or armchair or when I have to put my hand up to have a wee or unable to wipe my own **** - I'll know it's time for me to deck my self.

My uncle had dementia and towards the end he didn't recognise his own children and was a danger to him self and others.

I'm sure he remembers it well though and it made a significant difference to the quality of his life being locked up in a ward. :cheesy:

If one has ability to pay for such services or family that is prepared to look after its own that's fine. But to burden humanity with such practice because oh we are so 'humane' is pure folly.

I have no idea what the big deal is it about prolonging life for no good purpose? Especially if one wills wants to depart from their own flesh!

Anyhow key point is aging population and pension crises as well as perhaps partial charging or quota rationing for NHS is only just around the corner. We'll be seeing it soon enough... :!:

Last edited:
Better yet. Release all the Lifers on condition they hunt down and 'off' all the over 70s. $10 a pop. Offer the same deal to the over 70s. $10 a pop for each Lifer they take out. Not only do we reduce non-productive memebrs of the community, it gives the old folk something to get up for each morning and we get a good bit of entertainment into the bargain.

I reckon if youngsters had stable extended families - to experience the full social fabric of family life, young people would be much better socially trained.

The elderly would absorb the energy of the young, look after them and enjoy the fruit of their genes and vice er versa such that young people would have someone who dearly took interest in their activities. Parents these days are more concerned about where the next dollar is coming from. Capitalism chew people up and spits them out.

Instead people are isolated at every stage and become social burdens. This is the point. Everybody is and individual and every problem is someone else's problem ie Government bureaucracy.

Perhaps one good news out of the recession / depression is that families may start to live together in closer proximity to benefit from economies of paying less bills and supporting each others earnings and income.

The West is lost in capitalism.

I am not talking about killing people but allowing them to die. Everybody wants to live for ever but C'est la vive.

In elderly peoples homes some old bodies are so immobile it takes two nurses to move them in and out of bed and armchair. Not to mention incontinence and diper training. Patient may well be 90+. They are parked there and then tossed about all over the place; bed to chair to bed. Bathed and dressed etc etc.

Babies don't get looked after by two people but their mother come what may or state they end up in.

Amount of resources these draw are beyond £000,000,000 and growing. What input do they have?

Who can rate the quality of life other than drawing breath.

When I get to an age where I can't get in and out of my own bed or armchair or when I have to put my hand up to have a wee or unable to wipe my own **** - I'll know it's time for me to deck my self.

My uncle had dementia and towards the end he didn't recognise his own children and was a danger to him self and others.

I'm sure he remembers it well though and it made a significant difference to the quality of his life being locked up in a ward. :cheesy:

If one has ability to pay for such services or family that is prepared to look after its own that's fine. But to burden humanity with such practice because oh we are so 'humane' is pure folly.

I have no idea what the big deal is it about prolonging life for no good purpose? Especially if one wills wants to depart from their own flesh!

Anyhow key point is aging population and pension crises as well as perhaps partial charging or quota rationing for NHS is only just around the corner. We'll be seeing it soon enough... :!:

yup, my ambition is have a fatal heart attack just before dementia hits - not long now :)

"Allowing them to die" meaning sitting them out on the pavement overnight in winter and sending lorries to pick them up in the mornings? The eskimos used to leave them out for the polar bears...Anthony Quinn made a film about that.

I believe that I have heard similar stories of the NHS hospitals where oldies are being turfed out of bed at 0400 , put into taxis in the nighties and slippers and without any keys to get into their houses.

Anyway, I know that you are all only taking the mickey.

Right? :cheesy:

I'm knocking off. Maybe you'll be more friendly tomorrow.

"Allowing them to die" meaning sitting them out on the pavement overnight in winter and sending lorries to pick them up in the mornings? The eskimos used to leave them out for the polar bears...Anthony Quinn made a film about that.

I believe that I have heard similar stories of the NHS hospitals where oldies are being turfed out of bed at 0400 , put into taxis in the nighties and slippers and without any keys to get into their houses.

I've heard of kids doing that to their parents but not the NHS.

However, I do relate to the kids having just ferried my mum to the GP and hospital today. You can tell a toddler where to sit and when to go but mum's they are a law onto them selves.

Best one can do is learn to deal with it. ;)

The Spartans put their sick and/or elderly on the hillside to be eaten by the wolves:eek:

What isn't?

He forgot:clap:

That aside:

Maybe a global war is needed to cull the human population and give employment to the survivors who will be rebuilding the world from its smouldering ruin.
(Free dayglo bottle of milk with your shopping):p

Neil, you’re exhibiting all the signs of obsessive-compulsive psychopathic paranoia. But you’re far from perfect. Where’s the megalomania huh? Didn’t your cat teach you anything?

The Dead Collector: Bring out yer dead.
[a man puts a body on the cart]
Large Man with Dead Body: Here's one.
The Dead Collector: That'll be ninepence.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.
The Dead Collector: What?
Large Man with Dead Body: Nothing. There's your ninepence.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.
The Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Large Man with Dead Body: Yes he is.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not.
The Dead Collector: He isn't.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm getting better.
Large Man with Dead Body: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
The Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I don't want to go on the cart.
Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, don't be such a baby.
The Dead Collector: I can't take him.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel fine.
Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, do me a favor.
The Dead Collector: I can't.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
The Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, when's your next round?
The Dead Collector: Thursday.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I think I'll go for a walk.
Large Man with Dead Body: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel happy. I feel happy.
[the Dead Collector glances up and down the street furtively, then silences the Body with his a whack of his club]
Large Man with Dead Body: Ah, thank you very much.
The Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
Large Man with Dead Body: Right.

Last edited:
Neil, you’re exhibiting all the signs of obsessive-compulsive psychopathic paranoia. But you’re far from perfect. Where’s the megalomania huh? Didn’t your cat teach you anything?

Blasted cat has been at my computer again - must get a lock for the office door:LOL:

Ireland is voting today, for/against the EU.

The result is of little importance as another vote will be made until the result pleases Brussels

Last edited:
Never thought I would agree to nationalize high street banks.

Rein in the bu*ms and their bonuses too. The fatcat bosses can't be trusted to behave.

:clap: