The end of the EU

Never thought I would agree to nationalize high street banks.

Rein in the bu*ms and their bonuses too. The fatcat bosses can't be trusted to behave.

:clap:

Europe Leaders Pledge to Defend Euro, G-20 Statement Says - Bloomberg

Hats thrown into the air - hoorrayyyy hooorrrayyyy hoooraaaahhhh

We are saved! The Euro is saved! Politicians are our heroes again! :)

iGmQtGQIUyMk.jpg

So one week later we have Cyprus going cap in hand to the printers.

Anyone watch newsnight today...that prog just gets better and better :LOL: Paxman couldn't contain himself at points with some of the garbage being spouted by the pollos and guests.
Farrage doing his usual rants. Priceless ! Lord Ashdown clearly on another planet.

Nobody agrees on anything and it's the same story in Europe. Come the yr end, I really do think it will be the end.

BBC News - Cyprus to ask for bailout from eurozone partners

Are there any two entities mentioned in this article that agree on anything :LOL:
These muppets are charged with getting us all out of a crisis...fat chance of that !

According to Bloomberg, France is in trouble too !

The Germans aren't going to pay for that lot too are they !

C'mon Frau Frumpy the game is over - the dolts of Brussells never had a viable plan.

I think the EU is in terminal decline

As soon as the Germans get fed up supporting the lame duck countries with their debts then it will collapse whether Trichet and the EU supporters like it or not.
Greece. Portugal, Italy, Ireland etc. haven't played a fair game. They have just spent and spent what they didn't have. They are like black holes sucking the EU dry of resources.

Even on a political level a lot of the laws that everyone has to rubber stamp are pretty ridiculous especially on the human rights for terrorists and criminals, immigration etc. The MEPs enjoy a sumptious lifestyle and produce a load of hot air and rubbish.

The annual cost to Britain, France and Germany is just too great and the returns are too little. The PIIGs got fat on 30 years of handouts and are now bust. The only sensible course if anyone wants to save the EU is to eject them from the EU lifeboat.

I wrote the above ( first post ) November 2010.
Proved oh so right. Please excuse my boasting but really .............!!
There is not 1 post saying anything nice about the EU/eurozone, which speaks volumes for the good sense of T2W members and highlights what idiots we elect !

Some of the founder idiots should be tried in court and heavily fined for all the time and money they have wasted, while stuffing themselves with caviar and champagne at the taxpayer's expense.

Are you losers still at it? Give it a rest! Our applications have been successful.
Brussels is sprouting euros all over.

Are you losers still at it? Give it a rest! Our applications have been successful.
Brussels is sprouting euros all over.

If I was Angela I woud have tossed Greece out of the lifeboat long ago and now Spain unless they are giving some big thing in exchange. something more than empty promises and hot air !!

:devilish:

Last edited:
If I was Angela I woud have tossed Greece out of the lifeboat long ago and now Spain unless they are giving some big thing in exchange.

Purely for their own good of course

But seriously they are dragging the rest down with them, with nobody to blame but themselves.

If I was Angela I woud have tossed Greece out of the lifeboat long ago and now Spain unless they are giving some big thing in exchange. something more than empty promises and hot air !!

But you are not Angela. What she and Germany wants is a cheap Euro. They''ll try their hardest to keep this lot together. They may not succeed, but they'll try as hard as they can.

Anyway, I thought that I'd better see if you were still alive---it's at least 12 hours since anyone said anything. :cheesy:

But you are not Angela. What she and Germany wants is a cheap Euro. They''ll try their hardest to keep this lot together. They may not succeed, but they'll try as hard as they can.

How cheap do they want it...before it goes out of existance?
:LOL:

So that we can sell to China. The rest doesn't matter much.

Sell what to China?
China has an infinate pool of cheap labour.

The west can't compete...it's really that simple.
Either China raises wages and prices to match the west...or the west goes bust and finally ends up ....as China.:LOL:

My money is on the latter, because of China's un-tapped pool of labour.

Sell what to China?
China has an infinate pool of cheap labour.

The west can't compete...it's really that simple.
Either China raises wages and prices to match the west...or the west goes bust and finally ends up ....as China.:LOL:

My money is on the latter, because of China's un-tapped pool of labour.

Not just that imho. The western leaders are so busy being nice ( they get free trips around the world, banquets etc. ) that they can't give China an ultimatum. Which would be :-
Let the currency float or we ban your products. The soppy good-for-nothings. They aren't struggling to survive AND they got a huge pension and perks to look forward to.

Not just that imho. The western leaders are so busy being nice ( they get free trips around the world, banquets etc. ) that they can't give China an ultimatum. Which would be :-
Let the currency float or we ban your products. The soppy good-for-nothings. They aren't struggling to survive AND they got a huge pension and perks to look forward to.

Yes and this goes to the root of the problem...far too many vested interests in the west to maintain the status quo.
Well they are ALL in for a very rude awakening, including those who are already benefitting from huge un-funded pensions. When this thing finally does tip over it will be carnage.

Could save you Splitt to put some of your wealth into Swedish kroner/gold or something before the euro is cheaper than loo paper.

Yes and this goes to the root of the problem...far too many vested interests in the west to maintain the status quo.
Well they are ALL in for a very rude awakening, including those who are already benefitting from huge un-funded pensions. When this thing finally does tip over it will be carnage.

There is no talk nor planning whatsoever on how to deal with the underlying problems of the west's economies, namely debt and repayment of it.

All the west talks about is re-inflating the bubbles, borrowing/printing more money, deferring until tomo, mortgaging the future.

All of it is unsustainable and complete nonsense.

Time for a Farage vid to cheer myself up. I don't know how he gets away with truth telling and insulting everyone in the firing line....but he does and it's brilliant :LOL:

Nigel Farage: "Listen! The Whole Thing's a Giant Ponzi Scheme!" - YouTube

To criticise European banks is a bit hypocritical, IMO.

Some nasty news has come creeping out of the woodwork, this morning.

I hope that everyone sues Barclay's **** off.

It would not be a bad idea for all you critics to turn your attention to what is going on in your own back yard.

Ooooh!

It's been like a morgue, here, to-day.

I suppose you know why the indices have gone down, don't you?

I bet you have all been busy saving your backsides. Too busy to blame the Euro.:LOL:

Me? Laughing all the way to the Banco Santander. :LOL::LOL: