The Diary Of Not Even Semi-Serious DAX30 DayTader

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the STOXX (50 companies) there are 13 DAX companies...obviously calls for some kind of correlation

DAX to hit 8815 before falling back?

I dunno. Come on DAX30, what are we looking at?

Or were you genuinely asking?

Anyone see anything happening between DAX and STOXX?

Not on the correlation between the 2, but I think DAX will pop up another 10 points from where it is now at 8789.
:)

P.S. I am a very short term trader, and could be wrong.

I guess I got lucky today
;-)

Best
John.

Both making new highs?

DAX to hit 8815 before falling back?

I dunno. Come on DAX30, what are we looking at?

Or were you genuinely asking?

Sorry mate, I was away making 2 bacon rolls. Need some tender loving care when you make good bacon.

8740ish would be the ideal area for me to look for possible buys again.

I won't be buying DAX today up here at current levels 8770/80/90's, would rather look for sell signals up here for a run down to the 8720/40 region in my opinion.

Certainly not saying it can't push higher from here, I'm just saying that my cash won't be long from here.

ZEW coming up in 5 minutes if you like the news ;)

Today's levels -

Support - 8705/15, 8690, 8678, 8650/65, 8645 (seem to be all tight together today)

Resistance -
8773, 8795/00, 8838, 8860/65, 8900

My secret to trading the DAX

DAX hitting 8795/00 resistance for the first time with a 3rd higher high of the day while the RSI prints a triple top, negative sign?

STOXX printing bearish divergence while DAX tests resistance....negative sign?

Waiting for the elastic band to stretch just enough before reversing?

I just head out there everyday to make anything between 10-50 points per trade, if I can do that once or twice per day I'm a happy camper. I don't feel the need to be a champ trader trying to capture more points or pips than that, and leave myself at the mercy of the markets.

Get the money in with the best of it, chip up and then walk away.

Rinse and repeat!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 198
Sorry mate, I was away making 2 bacon rolls. Need some tender loving care when you make good bacon.
I'm not surprised you've got back problems. You're either pressing it against a mattress or a couch or scoffing food. I bet you're a 35st blob. I did wonder when you said it would take you 60 seconds to get down the stairs to the lounge. Either you've got a big house or you're using a Stannah.

DAX hitting 8795/00 resistance for the first time with a 3rd higher high of the day while the RSI prints a triple top, negative sign?

I just head out there everyday to make anything between 10-50 points per trade, if I can do that once or twice per day I'm a happy camper. I don't feel the need to be a champ trader trying to capture more points or pips than that, and leave myself at the mercy of the markets.

Rinse and repeat!

Look at YM. Aren't you missing a short?

Sold 8798, booked half at 8789.9.

Letting the last half roll for a wee bit, see what happens.

Attachments

• photo-21.JPG
    photo-21.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 164
  • photo-23.JPG
    photo-23.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 125
I'm not surprised you've got back problems. You're either pressing it against a mattress or a couch or scoffing food. I bet you're a 35st blob. I did wonder when you said it would take you 60 seconds to get down the stairs to the lounge. Either you've got a big house or you're using a Stannah.

FFS, its only 2 rolls and bacon. Am fit as a fiddle apart from me back pain which was caused by my previous employment as a fireman a few years ago.

Rinse and repeat!

If you are only looking for 10 points on the trade, how far away would be your stop loss? ie, what is your max risk for 10 points?

If you are only looking for 10 points on the trade, how far away would be your stop loss? ie, what is your max risk for 10 points?

My stops are always the same as my initial target or less, never more.

So if I go into a trade with an expectation of 20pts profit, my stop will be 20pts max but can be less based on what I see.

Not all the time will my targets be hit, I close out half or all of my trade when I think there is a reversal starting, so even if I risk 20pts for a 20pt target, I may decide to close the trade with +15pts or +12pts based on the action. Its this timing that helps me make money and stops me from taking loses on most occasions.

I mentioned on other post last week, that you will be very hard pushed to see me take a losing trade when price has moved in my desired direction, this is becasue if price moves in my favor, I will hardly ever, if ever, let price come back to less that +3pts without me taking action such as closing out or taking a chuck of profit off and moving my stop down to say -3pts to cover my ass.

Any loses I occur in trading are when I enter and price moves against me right from the get go and never moves into profit. Even then I normally cut my loses early based on the action, so again, you will be hard pushed to see me ever take a full loss on my positions.

I don't dwell on my trades, winners or losers, I have no emotional attachment to them, I will cut them out as soon as I see price stop doing as I want it to do. The next trade is just around the corner.

Closed out my second half at 8782 by accident, brushed the button on me phone....opps. £152 profit, total for this trade is £234 profit.

Total today £384

Total for the week £603

Attachments

• photo-24.JPG
    photo-24.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 144
I don't expect this week to be a bumper week for me as I was lazy yesterday and this morning, but if I can get over £1,000 this week I will be happy enough. Last week was a £3,000+ week and the week before that (I wasn't on T2W then) was a £2,800 week.

So I'm covered for the month and my targets have been met and exceeded.

For what its worth now, and just to give you a sense of my timing etc, If I were still in my DAX short with the last half, I would have closed it by now as price has stopped doing what I want it to do.

I would have close it at 8783/84 as it was reversing, just so ya know :)

Best trades and most profitable trades come when you take action immediately and the trade moves immediately or at least almost.

Its one thing to have a group of strategies and set-ups to trade, its another thing to sit and set-up and strategy watch.

But your only going to make money or of course lose it if you actually take action.

I see plenty of people on this forum and on other places posting analysis and telling everyone how its going to be etc etc. But very rarely do they take action and anticipate the move.

If you have what you believe to be a good strategy or a group of them, and you see your set-up taking shape....then trade the bloody thing...take action ...be brave and anticipate the move before it happens.

By the time other traders see the move, you will be busy moving your stop to entry and taking some profit off the table as they are just beginning to enter!

What the worst that can happen?

You take a small lose.

To many traders are obsessed with entry and confirmation.

Think I'm done for the day troopers.

Not sure if I will be back in the market again today as I will be back and forth from the screens and won't really be putting to much effort into the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.