The Diary Of Not Even Semi-Serious DAX30 DayTader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's line in the sand is 8745 for retracements (last line of defense), they must hold above here to keep the current intraday trend intact. Below this line a deeper correction should then take place under 8700 to the low to mid 8600's.

So 8745 is the line today that keeps the current trend, or breaks it.

In my opinion.

Daily chart studies are looking a little over stretched from the recent movements, its not healthy for trends to have prolonged movements in one direction without a hint of a retracement, its actually healthier for trends to have them.

There is a new unfilled gap at 8723, and there is always the possibility that the DAX uses this for an opportunity for a retracement to unwind the over stretched readings this week before the next wave up.

Something to keep an eye on.

Attachments

• dd.png
    dd.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 198
DAX today just looks a mess to me. Trying not to jump in for the sake of it.

I'm in a trade, but you have to work out which way based on what I have already shown/taught on my diary from the start to present... especially yesterday..hint...hint...hint. :whistling

Analysis, Apply Strategies, Anticipate The Move....TAKE ACTION

Its actually an easy enough read this morning. I have been trying to drop some hints on my last 3 posts.

Just doing what I outlined yesterday - Taking the lead from the STOXX Futures.

STOXX printing a lower high with a rejection bar, this is going on at the same time the DAX is reluctant to stay above 8800.

Doesn't exactly scream BULLISH does it?

I'm not here to spoon feed anyone, thats not the purpose of this diary. But I share my thoughts and 2 of my group of strategies, the 'opening price strategy' and the ' STOXX strategy' So its up to the reader if he/she wants to use them and make decisions, but as I said, I'm not spoon feeding ya :smart:

I'm Short from 8797.8

Attachments

• s.png
    s.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 222
  • photo-21.JPG
    photo-21.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 146
Stopped doing what I want it to do for now, so covered my other half at 8790.

Not exactly the greatest trade ever, but it puts £157 in the tin.

Attachments

• photo-23.JPG
    photo-23.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 139
The pleasure of looking at the DAX chart is the knowledge I'm not going to trade it. Technical levels just fly out at me - none of which are useful I’m sure, but it's a therapeutic exercise to perform technical analysis without fear of having to put your money where your mind is.

Numpty DAX Analysis:
If it breaks down through the 8780 level 8763 and 8752 look like providing support. Dropping right back to 8678 as an outside possibility. A break above 8823 could see it making 8854 and even on to 8882 with 8893 being likely a bridge too far.

DAX30 – do any of those levels make any sense to you at all?

The pleasure of looking at the DAX chart is the knowledge I'm not going to trade it. Technical levels just fly out at me - none of which are useful I’m sure, but it's a therapeutic exercise to perform technical analysis without fear of having to put your money where your mind is.

Numpty DAX Analysis:
If it breaks down through the 8780 level 8763 and 8752 look like providing support. Dropping right back to 8678 as an outside possibility. A break above 8823 could see it making 8854 and even on to 8882 with 8893 being likely a bridge too far.

DAX30 – do any of those levels make any sense to you at all?

Some of them yes, some of them aren't a million miles away from the ones I posted on my daily S&R (my first post of the day).

Some of the best if not best DAX levels are the ones that are invisible to the eye if you dont have the right tools on the chart.

The 100 and 200 SMA & EMA on the daily chart, DAX respects these a lot. Also the daily and weekly fibs and fib expansion tools.

But nothing wrong with your analysis my friend, the fact that you did the analysis is step one.... taking action on it is step 2. :)

It isn't really doing anything much. That's the problem, although I think it should be dropping 50pt.:)

In theory and in-line with a healthy trend retracement, yes it should be down 50-60ish points. But I guess this is the real world and the financial markets always like to through a spanner into the works.

DAX is reluctant to undergo any short term reversals to clear the over stretch readings, the only other way to clear these is with a prolonged consolidation with its gains.

is it the wild side of you that attracts the skirt ? or the smell of bacon as they lay tucked up in the passion room

A bit of both!

Should you not be chart watching rather than thinking about my sex life :cheesy:

DAX is looking interesting again.

I'm surprised no one has made a post about being short considering the STOXX action and its RSI while the DAX fails again.

Another failed attempt at 8800.

I'm done for the day, better of watching paint dry and sticking your money to it than in this market today.

Out for £100 profit.

Days Total: £257

Weeks Total: £866

Attachments

• photo-24.JPG
    photo-24.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 2nd.png
    2nd.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 202
  • photo-25.JPG
    photo-25.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 220
Not a collection of my best trades,don't think these will make it into my hall of fame, but money in the tin and nearing my weekly minimum target of £1,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.