The Diary Of Not Even Semi-Serious DAX30 DayTader

Status
Not open for further replies.
8740ish would be the ideal area for me to look for possible buys again.

I won't be buying DAX today up here at current levels 8770/80/90's, would rather look for sell signals up here for a run down to the 8720/40 region in my opinion.

Certainly not saying it can't push higher from here, I'm just saying that my cash won't be long from here.

ZEW coming up in 5 minutes if you like the news ;)

8740ish would be the ideal area for me to look for possible buys again.

I won't be buying DAX today up here at current levels 8770/80/90's, would rather look for sell signals up here for a run down to the 8720/40 region in my opinion.

Certainly not saying it can't push higher from here, I'm just saying that my cash won't be long from here.

ZEW coming up in 5 minutes if you like the news ;)

Hi Nick, while we play the waiting game...
I was interested to read that if you weren't trading the DAX you would trade EUROSTOXX (as an overall concept), but then last week you jumped in on a few DJIA trades..if you are not buying DAX at these levels, why don't you look at some EUROSTOXX trades? Just curious to hear your thoughts..thanks.

STOXX trying to push higher now. New higher high.

STOXX also above yesterdays high.

Hi Nick, while we play the waiting game...
I was interested to read that if you weren't trading the DAX you would trade EUROSTOXX (as an overall concept), but then last week you jumped in on a few DJIA trades..if you are not buying DAX at these levels, why don't you look at some EUROSTOXX trades? Just curious to hear your thoughts..thanks.

STOXX and DAX are practically sister charts, though the STOXX tends to move first most of the time, so I use that as a leading indicator ( I will make another post straight after this one showing that) When I said if I didn't trade DAX I would trade STOXX, I was just referring to it as another market that I would trade if DAX became to volatile for me, or started to neglect my strategies.

In terms of the DJIA trades last week, 2 of the trades were easy opportunities that I felt were to go to turn down, the 3rd trade was stupidity which cost me money and gave me my only losing trade last week and the 4th trade on the DJIA was after a good few beers and JD's on Friday night.

STOXX trying to push higher now. New higher high.

STOXX also above yesterdays high.

Every time - It's like a fortune teller. Going to rename STOXX to Mystic Meg.

The LIFFE futures trader who taught me (female) provided me with this strategy as well as many others. She would often trade this for a few ticks and occasionally these few ticks would turn into full swing trades.

Any how, the idea is to take the lead from the STOXX, yes you will need to grow a pair of balls to enter the market on the back of another moving first. These trades are scalps, but very very often result in stronger moves.

The idea is to look for the STOXX breaking out of ranges, making new higher highs or lower lows etc etc. The STOXX does tend to move first which very often forecasts the DAX.

ps: typos on the DAX picture...should say 09:30 not 08:30!

Attachments

• sds.png
    sds.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 219
This 15 minute chart show the move more clear...

Your welcome by the way...no need to thank me all at once for giving you a strat that makes money ALMOST everyday ;)

Attachments

• DSTOXX.png
    DSTOXX.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 252

Your welcome by the way...no need to thank me all at once for giving you a strat that makes money ALMOST everyday ;)
LOL. You know you've got a captive and dedicated audience DAX30. You've got one of the moderators waking you up with your morning cuppa, a hernia from hefting your trading profits around in a suitcase and Mystic STOXX to guide you. Doesn't get much better than that. But if you need even more than that, thanks (again) for a great thread.

There are more complex ways of using the STOXX to trade the DAX, but thats for another time, this is the basic way.

LOL. You know you've got a captive and dedicated audience DAX30. You've got one of the moderators waking you up with your morning cuppa, a hernia from hefting your trading profits around in a suitcase and Mystic STOXX to guide you. Doesn't get much better than that. But if you need even more than that, thanks (again) for a great thread.

He forgot the sugar!

Young man !

Thank you young man. Rest assured this approach is being tested at this very moment. If it boosts ones' pension it has to be good:D

Thank you young man. Rest assured this approach is being tested at this very moment. If it boosts ones' pension it has to be good:D

Its not just a case of STOXX making higher highs or lower lows first, of breaking out first. Sometimes the STOXX make reversal patterns first within ranges or at support and resistance before DAX does, which can also be used a s the lead.

Though the reversal signals take more experience to notice and use more than the breakout signals. As I said, there are many ways, to use it, some basic, some complex.

hi dax trader,

sometimes I notice that dax will have negative divergence from STOXX, that means dax will be the only Europe market dropping on that day, but STOXX is still up.

Yesterday charts....

DAX looks to be going higher with RSI confluence, but the STOXX is taking the lead and indicating bearish divergence and that the move higher is unlikely.

Attachments

• dadadad.png
    dadadad.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 161
hi dax trader,

sometimes I notice that dax will have negative divergence from STOXX, that means dax will be the only Europe market dropping on that day, but STOXX is still up.

Follow the STOXX there are a few important reasons for this, I will cover them soon, but the DAX follows STOXX in the European morning becasue of these reasons (has to do with the companies listed).

Scared to sit down on the sofa for 5 mins to get rid of my back pain in case I doze off again like yesterday.

Great thread DAX30DayTrader!! Very interesting approach you take on trading it!

thanks for sharing your thoughts!! happy trading and hope you sort out your back pain!!!

Anyone see anything happening between DAX and STOXX?

Not on the correlation between the 2, but I think DAX will pop up another 10 points from where it is now at 8789.
:)

P.S. I am a very short term trader, and could be wrong.

I guess I got lucky today
;-)

Best
John.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.