Seeking consistency

usd chf set & trigger on 4H

My daily and 4H time frame indicators are short
Price has printed a 4H shooting star type of candle stick, indication of resistance at the level of my Daily 20ema

I am therefore risking 50 pips back to the recent low for 140 pips

lets see if my order gets triggered and then if the recent rise reverses or not

Attachments

• usd chf 24 aug.set up &  trigger.jpg
    usd chf 24 aug.set up & trigger.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 117
Re: usd chf set & trigger on 4H

lets see if my order gets triggered and then if the recent rise reverses or not

My order opened and I have moved my stop to breakeven after a 50 point movement in my trade favour

Re: usd chf 1H

My order opened and I have moved my stop to breakeven after a 50 point movement in my trade favour

I have locked in 70 pips, moving my stop to the 1H Support Resistance level just above the hourly candle that has hinted at support around yesterdays low of 1.03

Attachments

• usd chf 24 aug. 1h move stop to +75.jpg
    usd chf 24 aug. 1h move stop to +75.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 112
Re: usd chf 1H

I have locked in 70 pips, moving my stop to the 1H Support Resistance level just above the hourly candle that has hinted at support around yesterdays low of 1.03

Proteective stop hit - trade closed for +75 pips

eur cad, long trade set up

Both my daily and 4H indicators are long
price has pulled back into the 50 - 61.8% fib retracement of the previous 4H up swing

A 4H trigger candle (hammer) has been printed, with a 30 pip risk, I am targeting the recent highs, which if achieved will give 230 pips

The trade has opened so let see what happens with eur news likely to either spike me out or kick this trade off in an hours time

Attachments

• eur cad 25 aug. set up  & trigger.jpg
    eur cad 25 aug. set up & trigger.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 130
Re: eur cad, long trade set up

The trade has opened so let see what happens with eur news likely to either spike me out or kick this trade off in an hours time

I have moved my stop to breakeven, following the news

usd cad daily counter trade

Both my Daily and 4H indicators are long, but I am looking for a short trade in this pair!

Why am I going for a counter or elastic band trade? Because my target long area is between the 50 & 61.8% fib level on my last 4H up swing, some 220 pips below current levels, for a 100 pip risk
Entry 1.05 70 Stop 1.06 70 target 1.03 50

The daily appears to have traded up to previous resistance and it has held, so if I want to get long, but at a much lower level that the pair is now, why not attempt to trade the 'counter' or 'correction' down move?

Where I may get stuck are:
my 4H 20ema acts as support @ 1.05 60
previous 4H SR holds @ 1.05 10
my daily 20 ema acts as support @ 1.04 30

the trade has opened, so lets see how it goes
Daily chart attached

Attachments

• usd cad 26 aug. set up  & trigger.jpg
    usd cad 26 aug. set up & trigger.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 113
eur usd trigger 26 Aug

My indicators on 4H and Daily are short

Price has pulled back 50% (exactly) of the last 4H down swing and into the 4H indicator area (between descending 4H 20ema RED and descending 4H 50sma BLUE)

last 4H candle printed was a shooting star
open 1.26 80; stop 1.27 50; target open (looking to take it as low as it can go, this years previous lows may be possible again from a fundamental perspective of double dip in equities and PIGS countries credit score ratings)

all in all an excellent set up for a further move down -
Christian at Saxo has resistance @ 1.26 50, only 30 pips below my entry short, which is one worry
FXPro have recommended short this am 1.2765 with 1.265 & 1.259 in sight, which is more supportive of my trade decision

lets see if the trade opens

4H chart attached

Attachments

• eur usd 26 aug. set  trigger.jpg
    eur usd 26 aug. set trigger.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 148
Re: eur usd trigger 26 Aug

all in all an excellent set up for a further move down -
lets see if the trade opens
4H chart attached

So much for A1 set ups, trade opened and stop hit for -70 pips.
It then printed another shooting star, watch it fall now

Re: usd cad daily counter trade

Both my Daily and 4H indicators are long, but I am looking for a short trade in this pair!

Nice Daily hammer printed yesterday, indicating that price is going to move higher (with my indicators) not in the direction of this trade!

A sensible trader would have got out of this @ breakeven yesterday, but I didn't so lets watch is carry on its way up until it stopps me out

Re: Gold - daily bull channel failed - what about the weekly one?

Stop moved to break even (1195)

Stop moved to 1200, @ the level of my ascending weekly trendline, just below last weeks low

eur gbp short trade

My daily indicator is short, but the 4H is long. Price is currently above both, however I see rejection of a previous support level which I am looking to hold as resistance again (see arrows)

Price has pulled back 61.8% (and a bit) of the last down move on my 4H chart and has indicated rejection of higher prices

I hope to break the previous lows @ .81 40 on the way to this years low @ .80 60 (from where I will be looking to get long)

I have a stop @ .82 90 (at the recent swing high)

Risk 40 pips, looking for return min 90, max 190

lets see what happens for the rest of the week
attached 4H chart

Attachments

• eur gbp 01 sept. setup &  trigger.jpg
    eur gbp 01 sept. setup & trigger.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 129
eur usd set up & trigger 06 Sept

Looking for weekly Resistance (week before last) to hold and reverse the upward trend on my 4H timeframe (my daily indicators are flat)

Attachments

• eurusd 06 sept. setup &  trigger.jpg
    eurusd 06 sept. setup & trigger.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 126
Re: usd cad daily counter trade

Nice Daily hammer printed yesterday, indicating that price is going to move higher (with my indicators) not in the direction of this trade!

A sensible trader would have got out of this @ breakeven yesterday, but I didn't so lets watch is carry on its way up until it stops me out

Target hit @ 1.03 50
+ 220 pips

Re: eur usd set up & trigger 06 Sept

Looking for weekly Resistance (week before last) to hold and reverse the upward trend on my 4H timeframe (my daily indicators are flat)

I moved my stop to breakeven and this has now been hit for
0 pips

Re: eur usd set up & trigger 06 Sept

I moved my stop to breakeven and this has now been hit for
0 pips

...and here we are this morning some 100 pips lower (ie the direction I was looking to trade). Thats a great example of lack of patience and perhaps fear ruining a technically sound trade analysis!

Re: Gold - daily bull channel failed - what about the weekly one?

Stop moved to 1200, @ the level of my ascending weekly trendline, just below last weeks low

Stop moved up to 1230 (just below last weeks low)