S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

When price moves like that in the last hour of the session for no reason (known to you :)) then you should pay attention.

It's maybe quite interesting that ftse was quite strong in its last hour yesterday and extremely strong relative to dow movement during that hour. ftse traded +52 higher than it should have done relative to dow. That was corrected by 9am this morning by which time ftse had traded -52 down from where it should have been compared to dow. The ftse boys must have known something was brewing

It's maybe quite interesting that ftse was quite strong in its last hour yesterday and extremely strong relative to dow movement during that hour. ftse traded +52 higher than it should have done relative to dow. That was corrected by 9am this morning by which time ftse had traded -52 down from where it should have been compared to dow. The ftse boys must have known something was brewing

How do you work that out? Straight arithmetic % move? I only ask cos I've always assumed there's an FX aspect in the spread.

I saw something building up throughout the course of yesterday.

It was unusual for 1315.25 to have been pinged twice in the European session. I figured there would be lots of stops beneath this.

Additionally there was an NVPOC at 1313.75 from a few days before. Again lots of cheap liquidity.

It hit 1313 area on the 'news' and a shedload of contracts traded.

So I thought yesterdays set-up was a trap to buy up cheap liquidity around the 1313 area and if they wanted that liquidity at that level then they must know something.

How do you work that out? Straight arithmetic % move? I only ask cos I've always assumed there's an FX aspect in the spread.

At 3pm yesterday: DOW 12523 FTSE 5457
At ftse close: DOW 12491 (- 32) FTSE 5493 (+ 36)

With 2 DOW points = 1 FTSE point ftse should have been down - 16 had it followed dow so FTSE + 52 strong.

At 9am this morning: DOW 12720 (+ 229 from ftse close time) FTSE 5557 (+64)

ftse should been up + 115 had it followed dow so FTSE - 51 weak

(all figures sb cash)

Statistical size or not, these are still in the competition !!

Today's Presenter's Index.

Francine -
Deirdre - purple - neutral
Dom - purple - purple shirt - neutral
Sheila - red - down
Stephanie - red - down

As purple is right in the middle of the spectrum, let's look at some other article of clothing like shirts.

:p

Last edited:
Here goes:

Attachments

• ES120629-2PM.png
    ES120629-2PM.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 177
I don't suppose anyone remembers what colour Francine had on today ?

My reception was off this morning.

Last edited:
There was a sh1tload of planning that went into that trade too..........

:LOL:Lots of problems are never discussed. I only managed the one trade on Thurday, to cut a long story short, i ended up cooking dinner for the rest of the family:LOL: Home trading...it's a bloody joke.

Statistical size or not, these are still in the competition !!

Today's Presenter's Index.

Francine - ?
Deirdre - purple - neutral
Dom - purple - purple shirt - neutral
Sheila - red - down
Stephanie - red - down

As purple is right in the middle of the spectrum, let's look at some other article of clothing like shirts too.

:p

Well done to Dom and Deidre this week's winners.
:clap:

Last edited:
Hi

Don't know about you guys but am finding oppertunitys few and far between in this market seems prety random.

Anyway good luck Brad and Cav in the tour starts later today.

:LOL:Lots of problems are never discussed. I only managed the one trade on Thurday, to cut a long story short, i ended up cooking dinner for the rest of the family:LOL: Home trading...it's a bloody joke.

It has lots of advantages though surely :-
1. No tedious journey into work
2. No costly journey into work.
3. Get the wife trained up - so the 3 Ms are on hand ( meals, massage and member relief )
4. Gardening etc. gets done too

etc etc.

I think what specifically aggrieved me about this trade was:

a) I felt hot about the set-up and had been monitoring it all the way through the European session - I could tell it was an ambush for cheap liquidity triggered by the immediate sell-off shortly after 8am looking for stops

b) I specifically chose not to try and trade the bottom of the ON range around 15.25 because I knew I would be taken out when it pushed for the VPOC at 13.75 - it was a smart choice

c) My entry was not great as I got caught up in the volatility and it came very close to me bailing on a couple of occassions - I held my resolve

d) I did not get rewarded for all that effort..............

:rolleyes:

@ all. What would be your minimum trade parameters for the ES. I ask this because i can see a definate advantage by doing more round trips, as opposed to waiting for just one set-up per session.