S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

From 1 to 4

Summits going on !

Experimenting. Wondering whether I have enough self control to trade more frequently. TBH I am going to sim trade my morning hypothesis for a little while now but I may, just may trade more than once in the afternoon.

Short closed @ 1312.26 for +10.15 points. Happy with that, good start to the week.

I think its time to make a cup of tea and watch some tennis

Excellent trade sir

130312d1330074496-averaging-down-losing-position-mean-reverting-situation-bishop-john-gives-his-blessing_articleimage.png

trying a long here at 1312.
Only an emergency stop on it at 1300 for now but i'll move it up (assuming im not stopped out overnight) when I've got a chance to get a better look.
My model is suggesting we should get some upside tomorrow. Profit Target sitting at 1316 for now.
Lets see what happens....

Experimenting. Wondering whether I have enough self control to trade more frequently. TBH I am going to sim trade my morning hypothesis for a little while now but I may, just may trade more than once in the afternoon.

Have you considered trading during the last 1/2 hour of trading (NYSE close) with the same style you use at the open. There is generally good movement during that time period. Maybe you need a few tweeks?

Peter

Ah that old chestnut :LOL: I understand;) averaging :smart:

:devilish::devilish::innocent::innocent:

Have you considered trading during the last 1/2 hour of trading (NYSE close) with the same style you use at the open. There is generally good movement during that time period. Maybe you need a few tweeks?

Peter

It has Pete but that means I am trading at 8.30pm at night in the UK and that interferes with putting kids to bed/etc. I know what you mean though - the last hour is a good time to trade.

What I'm trying to do is adapt what I do for the European open - the other end of the clock.

trying a long here at 1312.
Only an emergency stop on it at 1300 for now but i'll move it up (assuming im not stopped out overnight) when I've got a chance to get a better look.
My model is suggesting we should get some upside tomorrow. Profit Target sitting at 1316 for now.
Lets see what happens....

Hit my +4 handles profit overnight.
Flat now.

Good one.
I had an overnight but put the target too high and it didn't get there.
This morning it is back to exactly evens !

annoying. Happens to me lots with overnight trades/
Personally, I think we'll see 1322 or so today (currently at 1316)
However, i'll be at work, so I'll see how it all unfolded when when i get back this evening :(

This morning's European opening trade on ES on sim. Note, this will be going of for about 3 months before I decide to go live.

e2a - note this has been triggered by Dinos' trading. What did this was that I can see how he trades the first meaningful opening swing after 2.30pm which is one of my favourite set-ups on ES, just showing how the CAC follows the US index. I then figured that that the same phenomena would occur on European opening except that the DAX is likely to be leading rather than lagging ES but may be constrained by extremes of value set in the Asian session.

Hence this is my trade hypothesis and now I've decided to do sim based forward testing for the next 3 months until I get about 50 trades to evaluate performance. Then I will either put it live or bin it.

Attachments

• ES120626-8AM.png
    ES120626-8AM.png
    64 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Eh? Isn't EU open 9:30am for you guys (4:30am here) like the US open? Maybe that would explain why 3am moves are good...

12:50am JPY CSPI y/y 0.1% 0.3% 0.2%
3:00am CNY CB Leading Index m/m 1.1% 0.9%
4:50am AUD RBA Assist Gov Debelle Speaks
7:00am CHF UBS Consumption Indicator 1.05 1.37
7:00am EUR GfK German Consumer Climate 5.8 5.7 5.7
9:00am EUR Italian Retail Sales m/m -1.6% -0.6% -0.8%
9:30am GBP Public Sector Net Borrowing 15.6B 13.6B -19.9B
10:00am GBP Inflation Report Hearings
2:00pm USD S&P/CS Composite-20 HPI y/y -2.4% -2.6%
3:00pm USD CB Consumer Confidence 63.8 64.9
3:00pm USD Richmond Manufacturing Index 5 4
11:45pm NZD Trade Balance 305M 355M

This guy has a good record on zulu except he has huge drawdowns

Attachments

• Zulu.PNG
    Zulu.PNG
    120.8 KB · Views: 156
Please comment on this chart

There has been a couple of tests to the upside of yesterdays range today without getting very far. The downside hasn't been tested yet but that is also within yesterdays range too...........

Tricky - neutral for me today.