S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

re: Intra day S&P 500

I'm making bugger all bcoz my internet is still crap....

Thought it was OK yesterday made some money and gave it all back bcoz I missed the fact that price wasn't where my screens said it was.

Not HP.

This is not good Pedro. Is this in and above your data provider problems?

re: S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Well there doesn't seem to be much interest, so no good flogging a dead horse, I will call it a day !

:sleep:

bye[/QU\

Pat,this is my first time jumping in on your thread and looks good, I dont trade S&P but I keep an eye on it daily.

Pat - feel free to post up any/all of your trades on my thread. I originally started it to cover what goes on with discretionary trading and what goes through my mind with in trade mgmt but others now post on there.

The only criteria is that it's intraday and one of the US indices (SP,ES, YM, NQ) including their cash equivalents.

Hi, Robster, whats your threads link??

Still? You need to get that fixed soonest, when the market's like this one needs to make as much hay as possible.

This is not good Pedro. Is this in and above your data provider problems?

Indeed - it's just part of living in a 3rd world country. Something goes wrong and no-one will admit to it.

I think the data provider problem is made worse by the lack of bandwidth. In effect, the L2 data is lagging the L1 data at times and that could of course be down to the bandwidth.

I am looking at getting a new ISP in, right now. It'll take a few weeks and there is no guarantee it'll fix the issue.

Indeed - it's just part of living in a 3rd world country. Something goes wrong and no-one will admit to it.

I think the data provider problem is made worse by the lack of bandwidth. In effect, the L2 data is lagging the L1 data at times and that could of course be down to the bandwidth.

I am looking at getting a new ISP in, right now. It'll take a few weeks and there is no guarantee it'll fix the issue.

:(:eek:

a. ONH 1360.25, ONL 1343.25
b. 42.50 to 43.50 as major support right now, watch for this being attacked under volume
c. NVPOC @ 1348.25 to take out
d. 420k CBAVOL at open, moderately high
e. OAIR to bottom of yesterday's range. Been selling off all day
f. This is choppy, can't see who has the upper hand here
g. Buyers have got control now, watch for a stall
h. Sellers coming in at VPOC, short, market order at 1347.75 @ 14:41 GMT (1) - that was a sucky entry
i. VPOC has moved up to here, good, sellers shutting off buyers now
j. This is moving sideways. I don't like this, buyers are prepared to have a fight
k. ok, there she blows, DOM has just thinned out and dropped 1pt quickly
l. This is stalling, out market order 1346.75 @ 14:51 GMT (2)
m. 4 ticks profit before commissions
n. MAE 4 ticks, MFE 15 ticks, exit efficiency 27%
o. Today's coffee - latte with 2 shots
p. Today's opera - Idomeneo by Mozart
q. Best trade - long at RTH-Low at 44 to RTH-High at 48.75 for 19 ticks.
r. Slightly reluctant with the choppiness today.

Now on with the important business of recouping my £100

Attachments

• ES210509.png
    ES210509.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

Pat - feel free to post up any/all of your trades on my thread. I originally started it to cover what goes on with discretionary trading and what goes through my mind with in trade mgmt but others now post on there.

The only criteria is that it's intraday and one of the US indices (SP,ES, YM, NQ) including their cash equivalents

Thanks

The only criteria is that it's intraday and one of the US indices (SP,ES, YM, NQ) including their cash equivalents

Thanks

Good to have you here Pat - I think you trade far more frequently than I do so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do :D

big boy 10p per point trades here!
2 long trades on spx today.

82 pips on the ES that day, and 100 today.
I should quite my dayjob!! long 1350.9 - covered at 1360.9
10p per pip trading :LOL:

Attachments

• spx.jpg
    spx.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 175

My little contribution to Pat's excellent thread:

She pulled back, I got in, initial SL 7 pips, then trailed to 5 and 1, my initial target was 10 pips, gained 6, she then acted weird, got out with 4.1 pips.

Pat, just let me know if this post is inappropriate ( I only trade eurusd) and I will promptly delete it.

Attachments

• 10:5 1.png
    10:5 1.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 149

My little contribution to Pat's excellent thread:

She pulled back, I got in, initial SL 7 pips, then trailed to 5 and 1, my initial target was 10 pips, gained 6, she then acted weird, got out with 4.1 pips.

Pat, just let me know if this post is inappropriate ( I only trade eurusd) and I will promptly delete it.

Interesting post Mike. Always good to make profits.

Good one piggy

cheers. locked in 43 pips this morning on an overnight trade so far today. (£4.30! :LOL:)
was long 1351.1 coverd 1355.4.

Attachments

• spx.jpg
    spx.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 153

Interesting post Mike. Always good to make profits.

Good, I think the way I trade can be applied to any instrument.

Who do you trade with? I might try to trade the ES as well and see how it feels.

Good, I think the way I trade can be applied to any instrument.

Who do you trade with? I might try to trade the ES as well and see how it feels.

I trade with Finspreads.com and use their charts as you can see. A thread like this really imho needs a quorum of 5+ regular people to make it work well otherwise its just more of 1 person's journal with occasinal contributions from others.
Anyway I will always be interested in the way others trade, especially if successful. 2 is a second step to 5+, if you care to give the S&P 500 a go.
piggy looks like he may be in too for 3 !!

I trade with Finspreads.com and use their charts as you can see. A thread like this really imho needs a quorum of 5+ regular people to make it work well otherwise its just more of 1 person's journal with occasinal contributions from others.
Anyway I will always be interested in the way others trade, especially if successful. 2 is a second step to 5+, if you care to give the S&P 500 a go.
piggy looks like he may be in too for 3 !!

Pat

Thanks, I will have a look.

cheers. locked in 43 pips this morning on an overnight trade so far today. (£4.30! :LOL:)
was long 1351.1 coverd 1355.4.

Do you use a special method ?
No need to tell if you feel you would like to keep it to yourself tho !