S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

re: Intra day S&P 500

Ee oop. NQ is giving up the short treats again today by looks on't. :)

2594 and dropping. Go Teh Leppard!

Basic fade of a weak "reversal" (hah!). Standard.

Can you post the trade up with a nice chart 'n' stuff when it is finished pls sir?

Will do later, but teh reasoning is simples. If you look at NQ, got a down trend, down spike, then at 15.05 GMT a little reversal bar. Fade that suckah, roll credits. Boom.

Out for a shade better than 2 risk. I think there may be more, but I've justified my profit-grabbing by looking at the s/r flip from last time we were here etc etc etc.

In any case, so far that's double what I need for the month (a monster just-over-10%), which means steak tonight. And maybe a hooker.

I'm making bugger all bcoz my internet is still crap....

Thought it was OK yesterday made some money and gave it all back bcoz I missed the fact that price wasn't where my screens said it was.

Not HP.

Out for a shade better than 2 risk. I think there may be more, but I've justified my profit-grabbing by looking at the s/r flip from last time we were here etc etc etc.

In any case, so far that's double what I need for the month (a monster just-over-10%), which means steak tonight. And maybe a hooker.

Well done. I hope you mean this kind of Hooker - after all it's a family show on this thread :whistling

tj-hooker-7.jpg

re: S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Well there doesn't seem to be much interest, so no good flogging a dead horse, I will call it a day !

:sleep:

bye

I'm making bugger all bcoz my internet is still crap....

Thought it was OK yesterday made some money and gave it all back bcoz I missed the fact that price wasn't where my screens said it was.

Not HP.

Still? You need to get that fixed soonest, when the market's like this one needs to make as much hay as possible.

Albeit my monthly target, for want of a better word, is relatively modest compared to those used by the Third Reich Traders, Cairo division, I made it twice over in two days (today and Friday just gone). It depends on your management approach as well I suppose.

Yesterday I couldn't get in anywhere. One nearly but not quite (ES as it happens), would have been a scratch anyhow.

ES setting up a short now (16.40 GMT bar, for those that use teh charts)at around 1347.75 . Going to sit it out on the sidelines, but just for the sake of it I think the pull back may well have ended.

EDIT:

Would have triggered. I should say that another reason (apart from being busy enjoying my gloating) to sit out is that the pull back to me looks pretty robust, so it's a risky short in my opinion.

EDIT 2:

I was right to stay out. What a genius! Slap those ploppies.

Last edited:

What about if you went short around 51.50? Would that be risky?

Guaranteed profit.

Looking at it, I don't like it, although that last move up is looking like something of a climax. Better than shorting at the last place I mentioned, at any rate :LOL:.

Well there doesn't seem to be much interest, so no good flogging a dead horse, I will call it a day !

:sleep:

bye

That's a shame, I thought this was a good thread. Why not come over to Robster's ES thread? There's some good stuff there and all contributions are welcome, even mine.

That's a shame, I thought this was a good thread. Why not come over to Robster's ES thread? There's some good stuff there and all contributions are welcome, even mine.

I will have a look tks

That was a good call R-Dogg. But you bee-switchez should really think about adding the mini Nasdaq to your repertoire. ES is moving nice, NQ is racing.

I will have a look tks

Pat - feel free to post up any/all of your trades on my thread. I originally started it to cover what goes on with discretionary trading and what goes through my mind with in trade mgmt but others now post on there.

The only criteria is that it's intraday and one of the US indices (SP,ES, YM, NQ) including their cash equivalents.