S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Big hand to our new forecaster lexcorp who takes top spot on the podium with less than one point away from end of week close. :clap::clap::clap:

Sweet.
How do I claim my cash prize exactly? please make cheques payable to Lex Luther.
cheers, big ears.

Sweet.
How do I claim my cash prize exactly? please make cheques payable to Lex Luther.
cheers, big ears.

Hi Lexcorp,

There are;

- 4 x Quarterly prizes; Mar/Jun/Sep/Dec ($50 Amazon Voucher) and
- 1 x Annual over-all winner prize ($50 Amazon Voucher)

for the forecaster who gains the most points. One of the Averages won the 2014-Q1 competition and they don't participate in the prizes which has been carried forward to the next quarter. Thus, the end of 2014-Q2 there is $100 to be won at the end of June.

You can view the league table here . Column BN shows the current leader who is Malaguti with 8 points.

I have updated the table now with this weeks forecasts on column V.

Well done and good luck. (y)

Last edited:
Well done to VielGeld this week who put the averages behind him. (y) :clap: (y)

..............Weighted Average................VielGeld............Average
the-good-the-bad-and-the-weird-review-shelf-heroes.jpg

Obviously the big sell off didn't happen and may well have been wishful thinking on my behalf. Humble pie or just a postponement of the inevitable. How long can markets rise on hot air :cheesy: I'm sure there'll be more humble pie for me next week too. :eek:

All good stuff. :)

League table can be found here...

Attachments

• SP500-Qtr2-090514.jpg
    SP500-Qtr2-090514.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Obviously the big sell off didn't happen and may well have been wishful thinking on my behalf. Humble pie or just a postponement of the inevitable. How long can markets rise on hot air :cheesy: I'm sure there'll be more humble pie for me next week too. :eek:

You didn't do anything wrong , it was a prediction and you were wrong so what ? It is expected to be wrong around half the time ...

Some interesting stats.

We've had 9 up weeks and 10 down weeks since the start of the year.

ATR (Actual Trading Range) per week has been approx. 30 points. Highest was 57 on 11th April. The lowest ATR was 11 last week.

Market moving sideways into a narrowing trading range. Finding it increasingly difficult to find any value in companies. Moreover, many are above their long term averages in terms of PE and valuations etc.

Read somewhere that with respect to the last tech bubble we now have valuations double and some threefold as much before it all came tumbling down.

So I am a very much a grisly bear on a fundamental level.

On the other hand at a technical level we are making higher lows, this reminds me once before I betted on the market big time for being over-rated only to lose a lot of money. Dare I say, even though have more capital and money at risk is considerably less, I still have fear of 1900-1920s being breached and that market continues up to test 2000 before taking a breather.

For now my target continues to be 1500-1750 range for scaling out & closing of positions. 1942 is SL for closing shorts.

For next week 1828 for me.

Last edited:
Well done to VielGeld this week who put the averages behind him. (y) :clap: (y)

..............Weighted Average................VielGeld............Average
the-good-the-bad-and-the-weird-review-shelf-heroes.jpg

All good stuff. :)

League table can be found here...

Can someone check all the points totals for 2nd quarter? I think there's an issue.

Peter

Can you point me in the right way Pete, save me time digging around please. :whistling

yes, sorry.
I think I should have 3 points. 1 point each for direction on 4/11/15, 4/25/14, and 5/9/14. I suspect one of the weeks was missed in the totals for everyone.

If I'm wrong I'll take my 30 lashes :eek:

Peter

Last edited:
yes, sorry.
I think I should have 3 points. 1 point each for direction on 4/11/15, 4/25/14, and 5/9/14. I suspect one of the weeks was missed in the totals for everyone.

If I'm wrong I'll take my 30 lashes :eek:

Peter

Hi Peter,

Well spotted matey, I owe you good few drinks. Look like last weeks didn't get included in the scores. No idea how I managed that. However, it seems it was across the board. So no cheating just human (Atilla's) error.

Very sorry guys but I need to cross/double-check as I did notice sluggish updates on google-docs when using IE. My bad. Will have to revert back to chrome which I moved away from.

It could just be my typing too but either way very sorry and very grateful to Peter for picking this up.

Having worked through all the scores - corrections in red columns, looks like there are quite a few that were wrong. OMG Shock Horror!

Here are the findings and please feel free to double-check (which I would also appreciate).

Will update this weeks forecasts and correct the scores shortly.

Let me know if any objections.

Attachments

• 2014_S&Px_Correction.jpg
    2014_S&Px_Correction.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Here is Week 20's QTR-2 forecasts from bull to bears.

Updated the scores and much obliged to Pete for picking out last week ommissions on the points.

Wishing you all good luck. (y)

Attachments

• QTR2-0516.JPG
    QTR2-0516.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 107