S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Hi Guys,

We are seeing topsy turvy moves on the S&P since the start of QTR-2 with the repeating up/down pattern now for 4 weeks. So no clear trend and possible consolidation or emergence of correction with falls pending??? Exciting times ahead.

Podium winners this week are.

Well done to Gaffs managing to keep up with the averages :clap:
Said in a positive way ;)

....Weighted Average..........Average...................Gaffs
1301808-bigthumbnail.jpg

Competition Table can be viewed here.

Last edited:
It's oscillating before making a break imho. But which way will it break ?
1858 for me pls

On the weekly charts I'm seeing what looks like a shooting start and two inverted hammers in the last 5 weeks.

Also, we are making lower highs.

Coupled with May just round the corner all points to a reversal from the highs. Will only take shorts.

Last edited:
Just trolling around the net I came across this:-

(based on moving averages seen as smoothed collections of pushes).
I have three simple moving averages on my hourly screen: one at 8 bars, one at 32 bars, one at 96 bars: one for a shift, one for a day and a half, and one for four days.
When all three moving averages are pointing up and I have this for a buy window, or are down, and I have this for a sell window, I make the window background black. These are my super-aggressive windows.

When all three moving averages are not pointing in the same direction, I make the window background
Olive drab. These are my “what if” windows.
Most of the time it works out that number of windows in each color are pretty much equal. Black and red windows are more longer lasting ones and the olive ones are in transition from black to red and vice versa.
My trading behavior depends primarily upon the color of these windows, and the behavior of the fastest moving average within the window.
If that particular moving average is moving at an angle greater than 30 degrees with the horizontal and in my direction, I am all in: My take profits will overlap pending entries. When I see a window in profit, I enter a new trade the same way first, then open the close window on the other trade, and watch it until it stops moving into profit. I close that window, and expect to see the new window in profit. Then I throw a take profit on that entry at my leisure. For a brief time I have doubled my bet on that window, until, of course, I close the first one.
If it is moving at an angle less than thirty degrees with the horizontal, I am more disposed to put a pending trade in, so that if it goes back not a greater than thirty degrees, I am in.
If I see such a trade in profit, I open the close window first; closing the trade when It starts hesitating to move in my favor, and then looking around to see where, or whether, I wish to put another trade.
Another black window may have a setup more to my liking….
I never enter a trade in an olive window. I will put a pending trade there in a position where the window has to turn black to catch the trade, but that is it.
Red windows are only to see candidates for closing trades in loss.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late late post guys.

League table updated with forecasts as usual with Bulls to Bears order.

Be very interesting to see where S&P500 ends the week. HH or LH / LL? If 1900 fails we should head down. If it is breached I'm not sure where all this bull will take us. Am I biased? Certainly not! :cheesy:

I noticed Twitter did not mention any earnings but only increase in subscriber numbers. A colleague is waiting for 27. Exciting times :)

Wishing you all good luck. (y)

Last edited:
We have only two winners this week ladies and gentlemen.

Big hand to our new forecaster lexcorp who takes top spot on the podium with less than one point away from end of week close. :clap::clap::clap:

Malaguti the only other bull takes second.

.....................malaguti....................lexcorp
two-winners.jpg

Remarkable job numbers and some explanation here...

League table can be viewed here.

Thus far this quarter-2 we have had UP-DOWN-UP-DOWN-UP-? Markets moving sideways. Undecided-Consolidating-Reversing. Interesting times. Looking forward to next week already. :whistling

Last edited: