S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

1. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it
2. 80% of what happens to you can be attributed to 20% of your behaviour
(Atilla)

3. One's behaviour is largely conditioned by:-
a) parents - 20%
b) TV etc. - 20%
c) the people one mixes with - 20%

In fact why judges have the audacity to blame the individual is beyond belief.

:LOL:

s&p getting rocky SO CLOSE TO NEW HIGHS! Looks like this bull parade is going to get dragged out. Hope I'm wrong. Would like to see a smooth trail past $1,600 but things are beginning to look volatile.

Congratulations to Isatrader for winning his second gold medal (y)

This week the podium winners are

:clap: malaguti :clap: isatrader :clap: Pat494 :clap:

bigstockphoto_Victory_Podium_-_Winners_In_Go_3778414.jpg

Gaffs is able to maintain his lead but 2nd and 3rd places are up for grabs and very difficult to call. With 4 weeks forecasts remaining for the 1st quarter - 16 points are on the table. Anybody can still win. :)

Attachments

• SP-20130301-b.JPG
    SP-20130301-b.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
4 weekly closes at a the same price has made this one a hard one to call.
A break to the upside has tgts above 1528-30 downside it has tgts down as low as 1465-70.
You just cant seem to keep a good market down so downside tgts are getting blown out of the water and while all news is good news this just seems to want to push.
The dow looks like a higher low in an expanding triangle, suggesting a push to the upside and maybe another run at its all time high, but volume is so low giving an indication the move wont hold up and any hit at its high might result in a spike as mom and pop investor pile on their hard earned cash which will result in it tumbling straight back down leaving them staring at their cornflakes realising little Johnnys college fund has just been blown. So i'm going to go for 1490.

(n)

4 weekly closes at a the same price has made this one a hard one to call.
A break to the upside has tgts above 1528-30 downside it has tgts down as low as 1465-70.
You just cant seem to keep a good market down so downside tgts are getting blown out of the water and while all news is good news this just seems to want to push.
The dow looks like a higher low in an expanding triangle, suggesting a push to the upside and maybe another run at its all time high, but volume is so low giving an indication the move wont hold up and any hit at its high might result in a spike as mom and pop investor pile on their hard earned cash which will result in it tumbling straight back down leaving them staring at their cornflakes realising little Johnnys college fund has just been blown. So i'm going to go for 1490.

(n)

Like your line of thinking Carlos, :LOL:

I think it should be a new rule, to give reason to support your prediction each week, what do you think ?

Personally I am not keen on this idea as I don't have any good reasons behind my predictions, but I will go with consensus.

Well its 1503 for me please Atilla, After testing its resistance @ around 1524 twice in the week, its making lower highs and lower lows, start of the downtrend methinks..

I favour giving a reason for one's prediction as up to the individual. Less rules the better, within reason.
I see no valid excuse for a move against the current trend and therefore down, so I'll go with 1520.

I favour giving a reason for one's prediction as up to the individual. Less rules the better, within reason.
I see no valid excuse for a move against the current trend and therefore down, so I'll go with 1520.

I agree. I often find my self in two minds and wouldn't want you to see Mr Hyde in me. ;)

OK, I have formalised what I have been doing in my head into something resembling a demonstrable system.

9 period SMA is up so long. Current level + 9 period ATR = 1518.2 + 30.59 = 1548.79 pls.

Now watch as I begin my descent towards the bottom of the leader board

OK, I have formalised what I have been doing in my head into something resembling a demonstrable system.

9 period SMA is up so long. Current level + 9 period ATR = 1518.2 + 30.59 = 1548.79 pls.

Now watch as I begin my descent towards the bottom of the leader board

Thinking about it could be fatal

:)

I think, it should stay as it always has been over the last few years, with people doing a write up if they choose to. I like to post a chart personally, but sometimes a quick post is all there's time for.

Anyway, I've gone through the breadth charts for the week and there's been some more deterioration in a number of areas like the effective volume charts (attached), but others are still positive, and so because of the mixed nature of the data, I'm staying neutral on direction for another week and hence will go with the major trend which is still up.

So 1521 please Atilla

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SPX_breadth_1-3-13.png
    SPX_breadth_1-3-13.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 354
  • SPY_EF_1-3-13.gif
    SPY_EF_1-3-13.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 356
  • QQQ_EF_1-3-13.gif
    QQQ_EF_1-3-13.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 359
  • IWM_EF_1-3-13.gif
    IWM_EF_1-3-13.gif
    10 KB · Views: 346
Just 1 dark cloud on the horizon and that is that it has been noted that some of the really king-sized investors have been selling off a lot of shares lately. This includes Buffett too of Berkshire Hathaway.
The obvious reason is that they feel the need to re-position themselves for the near future. The fiscal shenanigans of the US politicians might have been a contributing factor. They would know if anyone would know.

:smart:

Just 1 dark cloud on the horizon and that is that it has been noted that some of the really king-sized investors have been selling off a lot of shares lately. This includes Buffett too of Berkshire Hathaway.
The obvious reason is that they feel the need to re-position themselves for the near future. The fiscal shenanigans of the US politicians might have been a contributing factor. They would know if anyone would know.

:smart:

Big money has to take profits early of there will be no profits to take, the spending cuts might attribute to increased volatility which may attribute to some bearishness. It looks like there is a chance the market is about to reverse for the mod-term before we break tat $1,600 mark, was hoping we just plunge straight up there but it seems complications will get in the way of that.

Sticking to the bearish side as I'm still seeing lower highs.

Attached is the chart of what I'm thinking. We've been going up in a narrow range for the last two months or so. As mentioned volatility and some pull back out of this range is way over due.

My call this week is 1494 (n)

Attachments

• SPX500-130302.png
    SPX500-130302.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 135