S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

2008 all over again? Bring it! :)

Man, there were some stocks looking back that went down to some $.15 and they're now at $30 or way more. I was even looking at Apple when it hit the bottom of that move before rocketing up in the following months. But I was a broke student back then, so couldn't take advantage of it. 2008 was the deal of the century and I totally missed the boat. For shame, Mr. Geld. :cry:

... Not to wish any calamity on anyone because 2008 was hard on everyone. My dad's business almost went bankrupt and that would have been a disaster for us. There was just a massive opportunity there for those who were willing to act on it. Just saying I'm prepared for the next time it happens. :)

Investing in the usual defensives ? Or something better ?
That George Soros is THE expert. They say he has cleand up again on the fall of the JPY.
Avoid the defectives ( like potholes in UK roads now )

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter. Anything back then that didn't go bankrupt was a good deal.

... But you know what they say. Hindsight trading is the worst kind of trading. :LOL:

It doesn't really matter. Anything back then that didn't go bankrupt was a good deal.

... But you know what they say. Hindsight trading is the worst kind of trading. :LOL:

Next time you'll see anything in the order of this magnitude or depth will be around 2038-42.

Here is the forecast for week 9 chaps in order of most bullish to bearish.

Good luck to you all (y)

Attachments

• SP-13-03-01a.JPG
    SP-13-03-01a.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 164
the bulls will win..a bounce after today I reckon (y)

Maybe, but I'm seeing lower lows with lower highs on the 4H charts.

I reckon we are heading to 1460s but don't know about the timing as to when...

Maybe, but I'm seeing lower lows with lower highs on the 4H charts.

I reckon we are heading to 1460s but don't know about the timing as to when...

Agree with 1460, I think one more push up first
im trending on lower timeframes at least til 1505..and that will be the deciding point. past that, we could go pretty high. If it fails at 1505, then I think very bearish..time will tell

Attachments

• S&P 500 INDEX.jpg
    S&P 500 INDEX.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 219
I have a 13600-650 tgt for dow and a 1462-65 tgt for S&P but erred on the side of caution because of the tight ranges we have had lately, its actually done in 2 days what I thought was going to happen over a week.
I think by Thursday we are going to get another sell off like yesterday, metals rallied, smart money moved out of equities into metals, which means theyre expecting this could take another hit again in the next couple of days.

Next time you'll see anything in the order of this magnitude or depth will be around 2038-42.

Well, you never know. The crash prior to 2008 was in 2000, and before that we had Black Monday in 1987 if memory serves.

2038-2042 would be around when the Singularity is predicted to happen, so perhaps you would be correct. The robots would blow everything up like clockwork when taking over the world. :p

(Though I am more of the opinion that we'll fuse with the 'bots instead, but I digress. Back on topic! :whistling)

A little help for Tim.....follow the numbers for the logic....

Long at 1495.25 today, 3 minutes after open......

157216d1361993665-s-p-500-cash-weekly-competition-2013-es270213.png

Attachments

• ES270213.png
    ES270213.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 439
S&P illustrated immense strength this week. Although I have been touting for months big money will be selling into the top (which is a given), big money also seems to have no problem holding up and pushing the S&P forward. It's funny how big money can sell a large position and crack the market down a % or 2, then buy a smaller position and blow the market up 2 or 3%. This gives me hope that S&P will see new highs before any sharp and deep correction due this year. Expecting the S&P @ $1,600+ before the years end anybody?

Wow what a day.
Why cant the markets move like that everyday.
I closed out longs and shorted 14090 cash here, with a 50 point stop, I doubt this move will hold up, could be wrong, but another drop coming by the end of the week.

Absolutely!

Bet my pension on it... :cool:

Alright! Hope we see it sooner than later, I'm thinking well before summer the news will be abuzz about the S&P hitting new all time highs. Remind everyone that America is definitely the place to park your money.

Alright! Hope we see it sooner than later, I'm thinking well before summer the news will be abuzz about the S&P hitting new all time highs. Remind everyone that America is definitely the place to park your money.

Safer UTM ( under the mattress ) inmo

:)