reminiscence of(yet) a (novice)trader

more replies to get through in past week than last 6 years.
will tomorrow.

Might have been asked.

Have ever tired to reduce your size to the point where you don't care what happens?

I try and play my self in the game, start small and the trades give me a feel for the market, skin in the game as so to speak. You cam also then spread a few orders around the place.

Then increase size when I'm reading the game well, most day's I never get out of the small size.

But when I'm reading the market well, I want to push it(myself) hard(size) as possible.

PS
Good thread.

maybe i care too much about what happens regardless of size.
frustrating isnt it or frustration is it.

You know, you, me and darkie should pick somebody as a project. How about this One ?

There's material posted in this thread by the OP I can work with. Wouldn't take too much to turn this trader around.

im not very good at worship but id bow at your altar if your playing £1000pp even give you my anal virginity if its 10kpp

You cant turn a trader around , trading is a mentality , he needs to work hard with himself for years he needs to find his own sweet spot - not g spot - .
Each one is different , he needs to go through all mistakes over and over until he settles down , he needs experience. What works for you wont work for him because he is a different person . The moment you leave him alone he will screw everything .

To the op

Trade demo and treat it like a live account i do that all the time .

If you insist on trading live trade small but dont quit the demo . Dont trade futures contracts trade cfds or etfs.

Put in your mind that you wont make a living from trading .

Compounding few grands into six figures account doesnt work it wont happen .

Most traders lose especially in forums .

The human mind is not designed to cope well with trading , it turns into gambling on a second . Accept that .

Extra little patience goes all the way , the more you are patient the better , train yourself .

Lower your expectations , for example i am sure you can make 1% every year , lower your target it becomes easier the lower the better .

BTW i didnt read the thread :LOL: . But they are all the same .

patience im onboard with.
i dont care for 6 figures yet,i'll be happy with 5 to begin with and then rather than lower expectation,raise it.

Yeah, don't do it often but thought it was a bit harsh on reflection.

Worth repeating the last bit maybe which was that if your getting back from -80 to +6 was down to smart trading then how come you got to -80 in the first place.

In addition, if you look at it from the perspective if risk/reward, how smart is it to risk 80 to gain 6? I think that your emphasis should not be on "bringing back losses" but on restricting those losses in the first place. You seem to get yourself wedded to individual trades, but those trades are only important in the contribution they make to your bottom line. Too many of yours risk blowing a hole in your bottom line even though you often find some way of filling a hole that should never have got so big in the first place.

we're not spring chickens here old chap.defend what you write,its a sign your still alive.
ok bad luck got me into a hole and good luck got me out of it.i'd accept that.i'll take the money anyday and leave any glory to who ever wants that.
this weeks win(luck ) 32 +78.8
draw(no luck) 1
loss(bad luck) 9 -15 net +63.8

we're not spring chickens here old chap.defend what you write,its a sign your still alive.
ok bad luck got me into a hole and good luck got me out of it.i'd accept that.i'll take the money anyday and leave any glory to who ever wants that.
this weeks win(luck ) 32 +78.8
draw(no luck) 1
loss(bad luck) 9 -15 net +63.8

Technically you r right money is money luck or not , but you can't be constantly lucky so talent counts and it will translate into money by time unless you are unlucky !

im not very good at worship but id bow at your altar if your playing £1000pp even give you my anal virginity if its 10kpp

Nobody looking for worship....and there is absolutely no need to be playing the game at high stakes. High stakes = high risk. Exactly the opposite of what is required for you to turn a profit.

As for the third part, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes, but only after I've stuck them in yours :LOL: