reminiscence of(yet) a (novice)trader

If you want to attach a pic from the web, right click on the image and copy the address. Then click on the square
6099-darktone-albums-general-4-picture4302-square.jpg

and paste the address in and click ok.
Best to download the pic and upload it tbh. that way you know that if the pic you linked from goes down your post still keeps the pic.

If you want to upload an image from your computer id suggest you go to settings and open an album. You can upload your images to there and if you click on the image to make full size, copy the the 'BB code' at the bottom of the page and just past into your post.
Also when you get really bored you can enjoy your handy work all in the one place :cheesy:

With either option you can preview your post to make sure it looks ok before you post it.

i was trying to 'drag' it across but it wasnt having it.
my description of that one should suffice for now.

i was trying to 'drag' it across but it wasnt having it.
my description of that one should suffice for now.

Ahhh youre missing out, theres a pleasure that posting lulzy pics that just cant be expressed in words!
6099-darktone-albums-general-4-picture4310-80f32038269a75c3e72923aee1e45327.jpg

:p

todays debacle

trades
1)10.11 short 6932.8 out 11.17 6940.2 -7.4
2)10.13 short 6936.4 out 11.17 6940.2 -3.8
3)10.55 short 6954.4 out 11.17 6940.2 +14.2 net +3

did the same $hit again.ran it to -60odd.lucky to get away with it.
after a short breather i go and find myself in the same $hit again

trades
1)12.12 short 6949.7 out 15.22 6963.2 -13.5
2)12.14 short 6951.4 out 15.22 6963.2 -11.8
3)13.12 short 6958.4 out 15.22 6963.2 -4.8
4)14.13 short 6984.2 out 14.33 6981 +3.2
5)15.00 short 6979.2 out 15.15 6968.8 +10.4 net -16.5

ran this to over -100.should have saved a few more points but every time it fking found support as soon as it moved a little my way.
i seem to forget the lessons of the previous days.

Have you thought about doing the opposite of what you are doing now, it would appear to be the more profitable side to be on [emoji3]

Have you thought about doing the opposite of what you are doing now, it would appear to be the more profitable side to be on [emoji3]

that wouldnt work either.i have just got to a)learn to accept my stops and b)not enter when i cant see a stop(the jezebel trade)

that looks horrifying.stops were 'apparent' in most cases,only ignored.so some jezebel trades were still taken...and some other rules broken this week,traded on mobile and one i thought i had done away with altogether,traded in bed.
i should have been punished more.feel like that dude in da vinci code who takes pleasure in pain or thinks he deserves it or something.
but im looking on it positively.like a workout for the mind.all the stress and pressure should be galvonising

Well, i think theres some things there are positive in those trades. If you can find a way to love your jezebelness, I reckon you could earn some money at this lark. Bit caught for time atm.

PS: This is all taking up valuable lulzing time so im gona have to charge a fee. Will pm you the details. (y)

'debacle' such a fine word but luckily not needed to use it since last time,unless i use it to call a number of trades which ran into quick losses but i managed to wrestle back.
'arbitrary' another fine word.which can be used to describe indicators/support/resistence/trend and everything you can think of used in trading.sometimes they will work and sometimes they will not which basically means they are arbitrary(in other words $hit).
but one thing that shouldnt be treated as arbitrary is the STOP or can it.the stop is hit,your out and it reverses to pi$$ you off
i thought i was going to make a point but turns out its all arbitrary

'debacle' such a fine word but luckily not needed to use it since last time,unless i use it to call a number of trades which ran into quick losses but i managed to wrestle back.
'arbitrary' another fine word.which can be used to describe indicators/support/resistence/trend and everything you can think of used in trading.sometimes they will work and sometimes they will not which basically means they are arbitrary(in other words $hit).
but one thing that shouldnt be treated as arbitrary is the STOP or can it.the stop is hit,your out and it reverses to pi$$ you off
i thought i was going to make a point but turns out its all arbitrary

sounds to me like youre starting to wake up

sounds to me like youre starting to wake up

bloody exhausting.11 steps forward,10.9 dragged back kicking and screaming.
3 times today wrestled back from -40 to end +9,-30 to end +3 and -30 to end +1.
but i will get there to the promised land

todays what should have been a debacle.
once again sat watching tv and feel i should be immersed in the pressure cooker of the markets
so i open up a trade on mobile
1)10.50 long 6711.8 with a stop looking around 10 points
seconds later im -3.im thinking how the F.ive seen this pattern play out so many times yet here its doing the opposite.so i add
2)10.51 long 6708.8 with a combined stop looking around 14 points.still rational but pissed its going against me.
it then bounces around for a few minutes taking me to -10 and then back to about BE but not giving me anything and then it takes out what should have been my stop,-10 or so but i find myself at -20.
not wanting to lose that much,i sit down at my desk and dig in.thinking i should give it more time(only been about 6mins but feels a lot longer).
i add a 3rd
3)11.46 long 6703.8
still thinking rationally and having a combined stop of about 25 points in my mind.ive watched this pattern go against me so many times when ive been short.
-25 and im fuming.ratianality has flown out the window.i should cut it but cant bring myself to do it.
minutes later im minus nearly 80.now im thinking how much better it would have been to have taken -25.bounces around what feels like ages and im now -30 with NFP coming up,half wanting to close out and whilst i debate in my mind im -80 again.now finding myself holding through news.how worse can it get?
it gets back to -10(i wont say luckily) im thinking hold (total risk about 55 now) and suddenly im back to -45! waiting to be taken out by another few points(or would i still want to fight it) it was about the 3rd wave.surely one has to go my way now.ifinally close out
12.49 6710.2 about +6 after 2hrs of pain(immersion!)
thinking fk it ive been in it long enough and half expecting it to keep going.but looks like i just got out in time or i would have been back at -80.
this beast is merciless/pitiless.
i would have been happier to take -10 and have stuck to rules but maybe i still need more immersion

Blimey, dear boy, what an earth are you up to :LOL:

Far from "wrestling back" in the last couple of posts (which carries the implication that you did some smart trading), you've just struck a bit of good luck. It won't last.

I had a little run of opening & closing positions on my phone before now, it errr...didn't end well !

Blimey, dear boy, what an earth are you up to :LOL:

Far from "wrestling back" in the last couple of posts (which carries the implication that you did some smart trading), you've just struck a bit of good luck. It won't last.

Still doing some of the same old $hit.if it was luck,I'll take that old chap.as napolean said I'll take a lucky general over a competent general anyday.thats one of those profound things some vendor might work into a trading conversation pretending to know $hit.
Need to atleast stop making some stupid known mistakes and I will get luckier

I had a little run of opening & closing positions on my phone before now, it errr...didn't end well !

Yes,trying to eliminate this foolish habit.might take the odd scalp but losses can get out of hand.so I'm doing some affirmation type work to ween myself off it.

Yes,trying to eliminate this foolish habit.might take the odd scalp but losses can get out of hand.so I'm doing some affirmation type work to ween myself off it.

I'll give you the biggest piece of advice I know to be a fact mate : if you are actually legit & not some fantasist, stop fkin trading & get a fkin grip !

.........end of advice !

I'll give you the biggest piece of advice I know to be a fact mate : if you are actually legit & not some fantasist, stop fkin trading & get a fkin grip !

.........end of advice !

That's got to be the $hittest advice ever.surely you mean I should give up if I'm a fantasist and not if I'm legit.
So stop giving out $hit advice.......end of advice!

Errrr, no mate, you are literally worrying me now, so read very carefully >>> if you are actually legit (I'll expand, cos you are using your own money) stop trading !

Take this however way you like.

You get it or not, your money mate.