reminiscence of(yet) a (novice)trader

Nobody looking for worship....and there is absolutely no need to be playing the game at high stakes. High stakes = high risk. Exactly the opposite of what is required for you to turn a profit.

As for the third part, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes, but only after I've stuck them in yours :LOL:

Risk is relative to your account size and tolerance.

No, it really isnt. Your respect of size keeps you in the game. Your mind, at this time, is a profit c0ck block.

No real respect for that either.the little that perhaps appears to exist is by default,not much money!

Risk is relative to your account size and tolerance.

Try telling that to all those who got shafted when the SNB quit supporting the CHF.

I would imagine a lot of punters lost their houses.
Not to mention a lot of brokers going bust or massively refinancing.

No real respect for that either.the little that perhaps appears to exist is by default,not much money!

Thing is, when you respect size its much easier to be profitable, when you are profitable, the size will come by default.
But what do I know :p. Happy sunday (y)

Try telling that to all those who got shafted when the SNB quit supporting the CHF.

I would imagine a lot of punters lost their houses.
Not to mention a lot of brokers going bust or massively refinancing.

My level of knowledge can't explain an event like that and I doubt any expert could either.unprecedented,one of those 1in1mln things.i play £1pp and would have been pissed to fork out about 2k.others playing £10...100...1000 would be pissed to pay 2mln but if your playing 1000pp then surely your worth a few million anyway.
Long story short,stay away from a pegging!

vader-nooooo.jpg

You need to understand and accept that you just dont know, and that anything can happen at any any time. From this position you are emotionally free and can size your play to stay in the game, and most importantly of all, profit from your efforts.

vader-nooooo.jpg

You need to understand and accept that you just dont know, and that anything can happen at any any time. From this position you are emotionally free and can size your play to stay in the game, and most importantly of all, profit from your efforts.

Somewhat.
I precisely know what can happen.
1) I'm right,but don't know by how much
Or
2)I'm wrong and know by exactly how much(excluding slippage or one of those black swan events)
Working on the acceptance aspect!

When you let go, youll realise that theres nothing to be right or wrong about.
You buy low and sell high. Theres nothing else.

Last edited:
My level of knowledge can't explain an event like that and I doubt any expert could either.unprecedented,one of those 1in1mln things.i play £1pp and would have been pissed to fork out about 2k.others playing £10...100...1000 would be pissed to pay 2mln but if your playing 1000pp then surely your worth a few million anyway.

Events like that have been going on since the dawn of time.

Even central banks can run out of money. The SNB had been defending that level for years....until One day, they didn't !

George Soros was the trader that caused the UK Govt great pain.

https://www.thebalance.com/black-wednesday-george-soros-bet-against-britain-1978944

Events like that have been going on since the dawn of time.

Even central banks can run out of money. The SNB had been defending that level for years....until One day, they didn't !

George Soros was the trader that caused the UK Govt great pain.

https://www.thebalance.com/black-wednesday-george-soros-bet-against-britain-1978944

yes they have but statistically(statsistics of which im not a big fan,put together by ANALysts) they are not very frequent
soros must have been betting a million pounds a point.

with US elections tuesday,it might be an idea to sit this week out.i dont even presume to know who winning will move the market which way but rumours will probably move it to extremes both ways.
i had planned on writing more but it would be 'arbitrary' an that about sums it up succinctly

maybe i care too much about what happens regardless of size.
frustrating isnt it or frustration is it.

Sound's like you care too much about the market.

On sided relationship, because the market don't give a toss about you.

Not sure how you change that, time maybe.

Or hobby outside the market, cooking, exercise or something

Couple of videos from me.
Look more at yourself and not the market.

Don Miller helped me over the years, loads of videos out there.
There will be traders(hate) out saying that he sells trading education.
I have never paid but got heaps of stuff out of the videos over the years.
Keeping reminding myself that I need to read(pay) Dons book one day.

Last video see if you can challenge yourself on daily/weekly basis outside of the market.
You won't be perfect but work on it and grow.

Leave you in peace now.

Last video see if you can challenge yourself on daily/weekly basis outside of the market.

Leave you in peace now.

Ouch !

Bet that stung a bit :LOL:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-37868026

Sound's like you care too much about the market.

On sided relationship, because the market don't give a toss about you.

Not sure how you change that, time maybe.

Or hobby outside the market, cooking, exercise or something

Between you and me,I probably care less.i just want her to drop her knickers and give me the goods.

Leave you in peace now.

Not looked at the videos yet but yes,exactly my inclination,to look more at myself.

prefered the 2nd video.
some thoughts that came to mind watching the first.
1)this is self catharsis
2)not a fan of religion.your not looking within then,your looking for something from without
3)difficult yes but made harder by our selves(especially with regards to myself)

OP missing in action. Or maybe the mrs dragged him off shopping !

Anyway, there's lots of stuff here to work with.

1) OP likes to be right.
2) OP hates the fact that his stop is never in the right place.
3) OP understands that the market can do anything at any time and frequently confirms his view.
4) OP accepts that there will be very few home runs.
5) OP trades all kinds of time of day, when the urge overcomes him.
6) OP doubles down frequently and sometimes gets away with it.

If there's anything else, add it to the list.

The challenge then, is to devise a way of trading that fits the OP's modus operandi .

1)damn right but realise it neednt be the case with trading
2)never had a stop.now i know where to place them,in the right place but just not accepting of them being hit.
3)market it cannot do anything it wants unless it rewrites the laws of physics.it behaves within those laws and our job is to strategise for it.
4)never know when a home run might occur but im happy to take one base at a time
5)i used to trade all times of day and night and all markets but now just focus on ftse during uk open hours but actually only putting in about 3 constructive hours at the moment.
6)used to more than double down.octupled once! and gotten away with it on nearly 80% of occasions.but now limit it to doubling or tripling down.

Last edited:
todays immersion in the pressure cooker
1)14.13 short 6785.4 closed 15.06 6791.4 -6
2)14.38 short 6798 closed 15.06 6791.4 +6.6

1st trade perfectly rational.cool calm head,stop apparent,risk 4.taken out mins into trade.i saw resistence yet it smashes through.now im on the wrong side of the trade but its not going anywhere so think i should give it more time.keeps edging away,-7 and once again im thinking why didnt i take -4,but -7,only an extra 3 isnt too bad considering my calamities.then it begins to come back and i have an opportunity to get out -2.still thinking rationally i note im still on the wrong side of the trade and perhaps should accept being wrong and get out.
but im also thinking what if i cut now and it continues my way(im going to fking bury this voice eventually)
then i add the 2nd trade(a jezebel!) and run it to -30 and also thinking maybe i should add a 3rd.but no,im mindful also that its been exhausting and i should just try and get out of this somewhere more acceptable than add more risk because ive not even completed my daily routine of checking for gaps/news.i decide to check for news at 14.58 and realise theres news due in 2mins! and im currently -11 with further risk of 20 points if news goes against me,which would take me back to -30.
the sensible thing to do would have been to close out -11 but not me.i decide to try my luck and hold.it paid off,getting out +abit.would have been fuming if it had gone other way!
enough of fun and games for today.be extra careful tomorrow.

just as i finished my last post there was about 45mins to go and thought i should atleast watch it through to the end,give my vocation a few more mins.........but i cant just watch.had to be in the action
1)15.50 short 6792 closed 16.29 6793 -1
2)15.54 short 6794.4 closed 16.29 6793 +1.4

rational trades,1st with risk of 10 points.so many times ive watched these patterns work out yet here it is going against me again.adding a second,still a rational trade with a combined risk of 15.to see it taken out and decide to hold rather than pack up as i should have done.running it to -25 and now looking for somewhere to dump it safely,not wanting to hold into uk close and have to pay roll and increased spread.and finally managing to just do so.
bloody hard indeed. you watch these patterns play out yet the opposite happens when your in it.like reality is altered and you wonder if your eyes are fking decieving you.