my journal 3

Ok, I am done eating for the day. At last. As a raw vegan, if you don't just eat pop corn or seeds, you can't get fat and in fact you have chew a long time before you can eat all the calories and nutrients you need. But this is only because the minute you become a raw vegan coincides with having studied some nutrition. Before being a raw vegan you eat a lot of poison and miss out on a lot of necessary nutrients. Once you've become one, you also work twice as hard because you have knowledge about other things.

As a raw vegan, the easiest thing is getting vitamins A and C - in fact it is hard for me at the end of the day to not have vitamin A at 500% of recommended daily intake. As for vitamin B12, I have accepted the idea of drinking some milk and eating some corn flakes, for now. Because otherwise i'd have to take supplements, or clams.

The problem remains selenium, and I've decided I'll buy brazilnuts. Once I do this, too, I can be a raw vegan without any concerns.

I decided to buy a pair of these for the next time i go swimming in the ocean:
Swim Gloves at AquaGear® Swim Shop - We Ship Faster!

haircut + movies

All right, today the day started with an ongoing loss (by the systems) of 500 dollars on the QM position opened Friday night.

So I'm going to need to both get a haircut and go to a movie or as soon as I get home I'll engage in revenge trading.

The roommate is not here, which is always the case at this time, since he's only supposed to be here an hour ago, and he won't be here for another hour.

The neighbors are being quiet, probably listening to me typing.

Strategy for the day with my roommate: silence. If he offers fruits, "no thanks" and if he asks me to go for a walk, "I can't - I'm focused on these formulas".

I don't want to be talked to, I don't want to be touched, I don't want to be looked at. Keep your distance please. This is what you have to do in an office where the average manners are: singing, whistling, listening to the radio, littering the floor inside the bank, picking your nose and ears in front of colleagues, clipping your fingernails (without even cleaning afterwards), chewing with your mouth open loudly for an hour while others are working, leaving crumbs and seeds from fruits everywhere, in the sink, etcetera. I am working with numerous animals here and after many years I am still figuring out methods to interact with them. I wasn't raised to interact with animals.

Last edited:
Yeah, as I was saying... colleagues. And relatives, too.

I've always wondered, when i was younger, how there could be people who kept quiet, so quiet, even very quiet teenagers. It's not about being shy, because many of them weren't shy at all. But they were very quiet.

Now I know. It comes from being exposed to abuse from people. The easiest way to avoid being bothered by others is to keep contact to a minimum. And to achieve this, you avoid chitchat.

You only talk when it's useful to someone, either to you or the other person. And you keep people at a distance, unless they've proven worthy of your trust - rare.

Been getting a lot of readers lately. I wonder if it's the conspiracy theories (conspiracy facts and reality theories) or simply the fact that the number of posts is increasing and therefore more hits come from the search engines.

Snap1.jpg

Yeah.

The roommate is gone to lunch, so i have a little bit of time to work focused, and i am celebrating this opportunity with a post here.

He comes 2 hours late, spends 2 hours in the morning making phone calls and talking to others (or working on his own research that he brings from home - he has two graduate degrees and is a lawyer and chartered accountant), then 2 hours at lunch and doing i don't know what, then comes back and screws around for I don't know how many more hours - sometimes the next day he tells me proudly that he stayed here until 8 pm. Most of the other colleagues have the same work ethic.

Yeah, back from the barber shop, from the movie and from a shower, drying up at the moment. Or drying out.

Anyway, I left the movie theater early again, because the movie sucked, bad. Like Mitt Romney.

I beat the previous record in that I could have left after 30 seconds. It was this movie:

Can't find it. It's so bad that they didn't even registered it on imdb. Wow, awful.

Again, I picked it, because there were the most empty seats. Yeah, since people are idiots, I don't let that affect me.

So, today they weren't even supposed to give haircuts, but i didn't know, and i saw someone in the barber shop and asked him "would you give me a haircut?", and he did anyway, despite the law.

Great haircut. In 10 minutes he was done. Cost 18 euros but i left 25. We kept talking for an hour though, about hair lotions for hair loss. He was 76 and had all his hair. He didn't have the exact thing I wanted and rather than selling me something similar he said to wait until the next haircut, so he really does believe in his products. Amazing. I believe him, too. I wouldn't be surprised if some herbal remedy worked better than propecia and minoxidil, knowing what i know about mainstream medicine.

The movie was a good thing, because even if it sucked, bad, it was a break from the office and I met the people at the movie theater, which is always a good way to socialize, because they have to talk to me when i buy their ticket. It's like the cab driver: the cheapest psychotherapy there is. Do you see the woman in the window?

Scorsese's scene in Taxi Driver - YouTube

You don't have to answer. I am paying for the ride, you don't have to answer.

Anyway, now it's time to check the battlefield. But then, if, as I expect, I will see a loss of at least 500 dollars, then I must run out and buy those brazil nuts for my selenium daily intake. It'll keep me busy for half an hour, maybe enough to digest the bad sight of the battlefield.

Let's check the battlefield:

Snap1.jpg

Oh, wow. Not bad, and there's still many hours for price to rise more. In a while I'll go anyway, because there's too much margin available. Big temptation for me.

Taxi Driver bizarre ending and credits - YouTube

Went and got 11 euros worth of brazil nuts. Good for selenium recommended daily intake. I just ate one. It doesn't taste like brazil, dangerous. It tastes harmless. Like very high quality sawdust.

Here's what i look like for the day:

RDI.jpg

Yo, i'm really good. Managed to take everything without running up the calories - i don't need 2000 like the USDA says. I know how much i need: about 1400 to stay the same weight.

Let's look at the battlefield. Now I am almost out of danger, because it's already 7 pm.

loss.jpg

doing all right - i knew i wasn't gonna make money today

I urgently need another engrossing intellectual activity

This feeling of a deeply wasted life... sometimes i look at the street below, whether at work or at home, and i step back because i am afraid I'll do something crazy, by some subconscious impulse in me, the same that makes me trade discretionary, you know: i just do it, i just place the trade and think about it later. I wouldn't want to jump amd then find myself wondering why i jumped, for a few seconds, until hitting the ground.

I might go swimming after all. Anything rather than jumping out of the window.

Swimming is complicated: far away, getting changed, getting dry... and so on. Also, swimming in the pool is boring.

I might end up doing nothing as usual. You see, i am very... my father said "consequential", in the sense of logically consistent but also taking actions based on reasoning, which is not listed here but may be the case in Italian:
Consequential | Define Consequential at Dictionary.com

For years I refused to eat vegetables and fruits, then one day, after watching the umpteenth documentary on health, nutrition, mainstream medicine and real medicine... then i became vegan during the documentary and i even came here and wrote it down: i just became vegan.

By the way, i was just eating a fruit salad: fruits are boring by themselves, but if you put them in a fruit salad, they get interesting. The same for the other salad. If you eat a tomato by itself it is not as good as together with lettuce and cucumbers. With people it's different: if you put them together, they get boring, the more they are the more boring they get.

So he said i am "consequential" because no one becomes a vegan overnight like i did. And I stuck to it.

And in this sense this is connected to swimming - if I am not going swimming today is because i am still evaluating the pros and cons and the pros are not enough. If i ever choose to do it, i'll start going and not stop for a long time. It's not like i am just being lazy: i have weighed all the pros and cons and it's not worth it yet.

The thing though with jumping out of the window and such impulsive behaviours, such as discretionary trading (which in my case is usually a synonym for compulsive gambling), is that I have to make sure i don't get to the point of jumping out of the window, because then it'd be too late to take any countermeasures.

So, I should realize it before. I should realize that I must avoid the impulsive act of jumping out of the window, and i should realize how close i am to it, and what measures I should take to fill my life so i don't do it.

What's worst - I mean, the only thing that's really bad is seeing the faces of my colleagues day after day. That is really demeaning to me. The office life. It's been going on for too long. My life has been too empty for too long, due to being forced to go to work every day and to live in rome, a city that sucks, bad.

And there are too many low windows and porches, here and at work. It really sucks. Too many opportunities to jump.

Like that song says, suicide is painless, it brings on many changes. I would not want myself to try suicide for a change.

I need a new engrossing activity, and quick.

Conspiracies are over with. Nutrition is in my head, but i don't need to study much more right now.

For sure, as soon as I get that form, i will demand with all my conviction to reduce my schedule from 9 to 15 to 9 to 14.

That's coming up in about... by the end of this month. They will probably not agree on the reduction of 1 hour, but might accept half an hour less, which would be great.

But the engrossing intellectual activity is needed, and I've been looking for it for months, writing about this search right here on the journal.

Ok, maybe I am thinking of the website again.

What is the number one need for a website? Visitors.

I need to get visitors at all costs, even if I initially have to pay them.

I don't need visitors to sell them anything: i need them for my website to have a meaning.

So I will help them, pay them, give them something. But I need to make sure they come: what i give them will adapt to this need. I will give them whatever will make them visit my website.

But I won't just hand out money. I will help them, but my way, as much as possible.

For example, here's one idea.

If you prove to me that you've done a good deed, then I will pay you... 10 dollars. How about this: a competition of good deeds, where the winner gets 100 dollars. A monthly competition. I could easily afford it. And for kids, this might be pretty good money. This will attract some visitors for sure, but I need to figure out the technical details of this. I don't want people to know my real name.

Someone else has thought about this before:
Do A Good Deed

So, ok, at best, I'll do something as good as that website, which is pathetic, but it's still better than jumping out of the window. But since i need total determination to be fully consequential as my father noticed i am, then i need something better than this. But i cannot find it.

I don't think I can find anything engrossing at work. I don't think it can come from rome, even though there's a lot here, like the vatican and all the other places.

The movies are a great tool to avoid compulsive gambling, but they're not engrossing, far from it, as i have shown today and the other day by leaving after 10 minutes.

The movies were engrossing as a teenager but still were a pastime. Not a reason to live.

So, the engrossing activity cannot come from work, cannot come from rome, then it must come from the web. And it could be:

1) creation (art and so on)
2) teaching
3) learning

It has to be one of these three. So far it's been learning. I've been learning full steam for years. I'll see. It might also be sports.

1) creation (on the web)
2) teaching (on the web)
3) learning (on the web or math lessons from teacher)
4) swimming

I don't see any other options. I need to choose one of these four fast, before i jump out of the window.

Last edited:
Nope. I don't think i'll jump out of the window and I don't think I'll find anything to do. Things will just keep on going as they've been going until now, and probably I will even engage in discretionary trading and blow out my account again.

What I really need to do is focus on the few things I have enough energy for and, since money is the most important thing, right now i need to focus on avoiding compulsive gambling, so i can make money by letting my systems trade, and with it new possibilities will open up. And I avoid compulsive gambling by doing this, as stated in previous posts:

1) staying outside the house as much as possible by going to the movies
2) drinking beer to be a little ****ed up and dumbed down by the time i get home

So in the next few weeks, my life after work, will be really simple and clear: going to the movies as soon as i leave the office and drinking beer.

Let's find one more big theater worth going to.

Here's what i've found so far:

1) 1 multiplex at piazza barberini
2) two multiplexes right near home
3) multiplex at piazza della repubblica

Let's find one more multiplex. It's funny but these are the little things that can really make a difference. It was like that one precious ingredient that was missing: not being home.

This is what i'll use, on google because it's too slow on internet explorer:
Roma Cinema Programmazione film provincia e citt di Roma programma cinema e sale cinematografiche Roma

Got it:
ADRIANO MULTISALA
BARBERINI
EDEN
FIAMMA
THE SPACE CINEMA – MODERNO

Found it (new one):
CINEMA DORIA
REALE
SAVOY
QUATTRO FONTANE

Wow, nine multiplexes times about five movies each, 45 movies. With a lot of overlapping, but at least 20 movies. Plenty of movies to see.

Links to all of them:
Cinema Savoy Roma RM - Programmazione film, film in sala oggi
Cinema Doria Roma RM - Programmazione film, film in sala oggi
Cinema Reale Roma RM - Programmazione film, film in sala oggi
Cinema Adriano Multisala Roma RM - Programmazione film, film in sala oggi
Cinema Barberini Roma RM - Programmazione film, film in sala oggi
Cinema Eden Film Center Roma RM - Programmazione film, film in sala oggi
Cinema The Space Cinema – Moderno Roma RM - Programmazione film, film in sala oggi
Cinema Fiamma Roma RM - Programmazione film, film in sala oggi
Cinema Quattro Fontane Roma RM - Programmazione film, film in sala oggi

I'm tired but to ace this, too, I'm gonna have to an excel's web query.

Found a much better website which puts them all together:
http://www.cinemadelsilenzio.it/index.php?mod=halls&order=2&province=2&city=1&area=Centro

The only one missing from that page is the Savoy, which has some pretty good movies which don't overlap. So I am all done. I just look at that page and at the savoy here:
Cinema Savoy Roma RM - Programmazione film, film in sala oggi

Last edited:
yeah, it's working... i mean, it's gonna work out

movie theaters in rome were clearly created for one purpose: for me to go to a different movie every day and avoid compulsive gambling

It was so clear - how could i not see it?

Beer is also a good investment - in fact it was created by the ancient romans precisely for this purpose: so that i could drink it and come home dizzy and relaxed.

Yeah sure it hurts my liver, but if by drinking one beer a day i get enough money to go swimming on a cab or even travel every weekend to the island, then it is even a good choice from a medical point of view

Yeah, back at work.

There's a fascinating tug of war going on between my roommate and I, regarding our relationship. A tug of war of civility vs incivility.

He instinctively would like to have it his way, and treat me like almost everyone else except women and bosses around here.

You don't hug a boss, nor a woman, you don't touch them, you don't place a hand on their shoulder when you're talking to them. That's what he'd like to do with me, and that's what I would like him to stop doing.

But the trick is, since he doesn't mean any harm, I have to do it with subtle messages, without using direct words such as "don't touch me" or "keep your hands off me". Because if I talk, then he's going to dislike me, so I am going to try to do it without talking. And it's working but it's hard, because he consistently tries to overcome the invisible barriers I put between me and him.

But first of all, what does he do and why do I mind?

I mind because I was taught that I have my space and people don't come in my space, of about 1 meter of radius. And if they do, I should worry and am uncomfortable.

He was taught otherwise, or rather wasn't taught anything.

Forget all the rude things this guy does all day long, such as... forget it. Let's focus on the distances he doesn't keep with me.

1) when we're talking you stay one meter away at least. You don't get closer, and you especially should not touch me.

2) when i am working, you don't interrupt me

3) when i am working, you don't cross the room and come, uninvited, to see what's on my screen

... the list goes on.

4) you don't ask abrupt personal questions - not without a conversation that leads there

Ok, so in other words he is not a parent, nor a brother, and not even cousin. He's just a roommate, who bothers me.

Strategy being implemented to keep him at a distance without having to tell him "stay away from me", "don't touch me" and "keep your hands off me".

1) tone of my voice: talking like someone at a call center: kind but also distant with a fake kindness.

2) jokes: I don't laugh, I don't acknowledge his continuous jokes, and especially I avoid to display any humor by replying with more jokes

3) Don't know if i do it, but unconsciously i might also move slightly away when he tries to touch me as he talks - it would be bad to do it blatantly, but if I do it slightly and subconsciously, it'd be good - so he knows it bothers me

4) I never start a conversation and keep the content of our conversation like the lady at the call center (a typical one, not those working for fund-raising, who do phone sex to later ask you for donations)

5) finally and very important: if he asks for help, i do my best to help him - this way he can tell that i am still reliable and generous as a colleague and that the only problem is that i do not want too much personal and physical contact

6) oh and another important point: i started this new "distancing strategy" at a time when i was given a lot of repetitive work, so it looks like that is the cause: that i have to work and cannot waste time chatting

7) I forgot about this one, it should be higher, with the first five: I try to avoid smiling as much as possible. And i try to avoid eye-contact, but if it is unavoidable, I stare him right in the eyes, very seriously, like a psychopath.

It is a tug of war, where no one has won yet, because he doesn't give up easily, and he comes up with continuous and unexpected ways to overcome these distances.

I can see that he longs for physical contact (despite not being gay) and he tries to get closer, whenever he can. He brought his fruits on my table all of a sudden: who gave him permission to put his fruits on my empty table? He's got his table full of bull**** papers, to pretend he's constantly working, so he gave himself permission to put his fruits on my table. He wanted to have a picnic on my table today, but i said i was busy with something else and left the room. So that aborted, too.

He keeps trying and trying to shorten the distances between us, and i keep trying and trying to widen them, physically and verbally. We will see who gives up first.

Usually I am very consistent and methodical, and I could go on for six months. In the past, I've turned colleagues from treating me like their little brother to treating me like their boss. Without ever saying a direct word such as "do" and "don't do" and "don't you dare", but just working on silences, things you don't say, and how you say things.

I am counting on solving this problem and educating this animal to treating me like a lady or like a boss, and not like we're co-workers at the fruits and vegetables market.

Another thing to keep in mind as I am implementing this strategy is that I am totally isolated, not in the entire office, but at least in this wing of the building, in that the ladies behave like ladies, and I appreciate that, but the men are all animals. There's 4 men, in our two neighboring rooms, and all animals. One of them is Vito, and i wrote about him hundreds of posts years ago. Being an animal is very trendy here. They're all busy cracking vulgar jokes all day long and hitting each other, and we're not talking about teenagers. So you can see how rude they are, simply by the fact that we have adults behaving like teenagers. And their work ethic is almost zero. Actually, their rule is kissing up. Kissing up to the boss, and anything else is allowed, including not working at all. What matters is that when the boss shows in the room, you lie down like a floormat. I do just the opposite: i work all the time (except now) and I make sure I do not lie down when the boss enters the room.

Last edited:
Yeah, ok, I am back.

This time i managed to stay at the movie theater for a bit longer than half the movie, which was this one:
Monsieur Lazhar (2011) - IMDb

Yep, i don't even know how it ends. What I did do though was sit outside and finish eating all the pistachios i had bought. But I still didn't make it to the end of the movie, because when i finished my pistachios, everyone was still inside watching the movie. I have a history of quitting movies at this theater now, because it's the second movie out of three where i leave before the end. I hope I'll be able to live up to my reputation and to expectations. The longer I sit, the better the movie. So far only one of three made it. I think soon there will be an award, and instead of saying it won three oscars, it will say that I sat through the entire movie.

... yeah, also, today i felt transgressive, so, on the way home, I bought a pineapple, a melon, and even some persimmons, but now I am looking them all up and I am already having trouble finding out which persimmons i bought, whether japanese or native:
Persimmon calories - 30 Bananas a Day!

At any rate, let's have a look at the battlefield:

Snap1.jpg

Wow, a lot of stuff going on. Good thing i wasn't here or I would have tampered by now.

Didn't like what happened with NG, but the damage was small compared to the potential damage by NG. Not worried about GBP. And, very pleased with ongoing QM and NG trades.

At work, my roommate is understading the new foreign policy I have, and he's treating me as coldly and politely as I am treating him. I don't know how long it'll last - i've been thinking that I should have changed more slowly. But with this guy, you either shut the door or you don't. If you leave it half open, he's going to stick an arm in it and open it all the way.

Got it:
Persimmon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have the japanese persimmon. Because I am in europe, and by "native" the USDA most likely means US native (otherwise they're all "native"). For some reason, italy has been a big produce of persimmon since decades ago. In fact i remember eating it as a child, frequently.

Last edited:
major problem today and tomorrow, because the trading session is unfolding very badly

Snap1.jpg

Losing 700 for the day. This is the type of thing that makes me trade discretionary. I better hold out. It's going to be a tough week. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

But the thing is... I said "week", whereas I have no idea if this is the red week i had been expecting or what will happen. No idea. I can only say "it's been a tough day".

Yeah, NG went from +300 to -1200 in just a few hours, it sucks. This is automated trading. I had to watch it happen without doing anything.

Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There - HD 720p + Lyrics - YouTube

latest hit, last time i checked mtv

so, ok, there will be losses

there will be blood

but if i let them destabilize me, when the profit will come, a week or two weeks later, will I be there? I will be wiped out, because that's what happens when i engage in revenge trading.

Snap1.jpg

All that i want from you...

I'm giving you everything
(I'm giving you everything)
all that joy can bring (all that joy can bring)
This I swear (yes I swear)
And all that I want from you
(all that I want from you) is a promise you
(want to promise you) you'll be there

The spice girls really nailed it when they wrote this song about my trading, when i started trading in the late nineties. What they meant was: you have to hold out during the drawdown in order to make sure you're still there when the profit comes. Say you'll be there. Promise you'll be there. And my answer is: I will do my best.

They also mention the negative influence of emotions on trading:
This time you gotta take it easy
throwing far too much emotions at me
Never throw emotions at your automated systems.

there is a methodology for winning wars, long wars, and this is automated trading

there is a methodology for winning battles and i can easily win a battle with discretionary trading, but overall i will lose the war - to win the single battle go discretionary by all means, but sooner or later you will make a mistake and here we're running a marathon, not the 100 meters.

making a mistake in one battle, with discretionary trading, the way i trade, means losing the war because i do not exit on a losing trade - never been able to do it.

so here i am: riding the tank of automated trading - not very alert driver, sometimes he runs people over, but it keeps going, whereas me, on my little discretionary bike, would get stopped very quickly

but i have to promise the driver that i will be there - i must not tamper with the autopilot and hold out for the long run.

There!

Another feat from travis.

Snap1.jpg

I am getting better and better at picking the plants to eat. Today I fulfilled all requirements but one (by very little, magnesium) and stayed at 1400 calories.