my journal 3

Assume everything bad about my trades. It will be fair to do so. Let's say that I am profitable, believe it or not, but not as much as I'd deserve.

My discretionary trading has once again got into the way of the automated trading.

I did find the energy to see what my systems would have been doing if I had kept trading in the last 3 months (I forward-test them all the time), instead of using all the margin for my discretionary trades (gold, silver, corn, jpy, gbl, natural gas, oil).

Well, here's the answer: they would have taken my capital from 45k to 80k.

In the meanwhile, instead, with my "imminent" rise bets, I've lost 50% of my capital.

There's no limit to the worse (or "worst"), as we say in Italy, and I've proven it once again.

Ok, let's see what I could be doing now that is wrong.

Back 3 months ago, I was at 45k and then all positions went against me, so I didn't have enough margin for both automated systems and positions, and turned off the systems.

Missed 100% of profit thanks to expecting gold, silver and the others to give me money faster than the systems.

Well?

What could I do now?

I have half of that capital. Should I close all positions and wait for systems to produce money?

No, I won't. And I have one reason on my side, other than hoping.

1) hope is saying: their rise was "imminent" six months ago, imagine now, imagine how close we are to seeing gold and silver finally rise. And this is the "hope" that screwed me.

2) at the same time, there's facts. I had brought 4k to 45k mostly with discretionary trades. So, I can't just blame discretionary trading when it goes wrong.

Let's be objective. Most of the profit was produced by discretionary trading. So let's not say that I got screwed by it. Let's not give myself the false impression that everything I do outside of automated trading is wrong. I am not a compulsive gambler any longer. Those times are gone, when discretionary trading brought me nothing but losses. My present capital is due mostly to discretionary trading, despite the recent losses.

So:
1) automated trading always good, but not as profitable as discretionary trading
2) discretionary trading very profitable, but very irregular, and lately unprofitable

It would have been nice to do both at once, but I didn't have the margin, and I opted for what in the past year had given me the most profit, namely discretionary trading.

Now I hope that at least my position trades will take me back to around 50k, from which I'll be able to resume automated trading.

Last edited:
http://www.ingoldwetrust.ch/the-big-reset-part-2
How do they manipulate gold nowadays?

The transition from open outcry (where traders stand in a trading pit and shout out orders) to electronic trading gave new opportunities to control financial markets. Wall Street veteran lawyer Jim Rickards presented a paper in 2006 in which he explained how ‘derivatives could be used to manipulate underlying physical markets such as oil, copper and gold’. In his bestseller entitled Currency Wars, he explains how the prohibition of derivatives regulation in the Commodity Futures Modernization Act (2000) had ‘opened the door to exponentially greater size and variety in these instruments that are now hidden off the balance sheets of the major banks, making them almost impossible to monitor’. These changes made it much easier to manipulate financial markets, especially because prices for metals such as gold and silver are set by trading future contracts on the global markets. Because up to 99% of these transactions are conducted on behalf of speculators who do not aim for physical delivery and are content with paper profits, markets can be manipulated by selling large amounts of contracts in gold, silver or other commodities (on paper). The $200 crash of the gold price April 12 and 15, 2013 is a perfect example of this strategy. The crash after silver reached $50 on May 1, 2011 is another textbook example.

Last edited:
.............Let's be objective. Most of the profit was produced by discretionary trading. So let's not say that I got screwed by it. Let's not give myself the false impression that everything I do outside of automated trading is wrong. I am not a compulsive gambler any longer. Those times are gone, when discretionary trading brought me nothing but losses. My present capital is due mostly to discretionary trading, despite the recent losses...............

There you are then, there are good things happening for you. I knew there'd be things to be happy about :)

Yeah, but I am not here to celebrate the good things. I prefer instead to complain.

In the meanwhile, Drutter is stopping his broadcasts due to financial problems basically (caused by his being harassed by the government):

He was a great guy, who explored first the divergence ("drutter's divergence") between silver price and silver coins sold by the US mint:
David Morgan on Drutter’s Divergence and the Silver Price

Amazing how such an honest and intelligent person can get into so much trouble, for doing nothing but speaking the truth. And of course he had problems with the mother of his children - the only one problem I don't have.

Last edited:
Should I stop obsessing about my own health and well-being? Should I be more tolerant and less sensitive?

Yeah, maybe it's time to do so.

When the pain increases, it is time to lower your sensitivity.

I used to worry about a cab driver not thanking me for the tip, and I've been this way until very recently.

But now, given some serious health hearing problems, this sensitivity involves too much suffering and too much complaining.

How many more times can I come here and repeat that I am hearing less and on top of it I hear a tinnitus in my ear?

I am getting tired of it myself. I am not concerned about the readers, but about all the work it involves.

I am about to say "**** it, let's stop complaining - it's just too much work".

Yeah, I am getting to the point of convincing myself that I've got to tune down my sensitivity a tiny bit.

Also, for example, I am now obsessed by the 3 upcoming injections (with a needle) to my eardrum. Should I really really focus on that 3% of probability that it could go wrong?

Yeah, because that's all I'm doing. I was just a few hours ago thinking that I would skip the whole week of treatment because I don't want to take any risks with those 3 injections.

At the same time, life runs out. What could be wrong with these injections if I just die anyway?

What can they do to me besides killing me? And if I have to die anyway, why the **** should I care about these injections?

Damn.

In fact, I might end up skipping them and talking to the doctor to tell him: look I skip the injections along with HBOT, because I am honest and I know the treatment consisted of the two things put together.

I was thinking of calling him at home to tell him i was having fears and doubts about the injections, after what I've read.

But you know what?

For once, after all the obsessing about my own property and my own things and my own body, I feel ready for a relaxing change: screw my body.

I am going to relax and let them treat me like a regular patient, for better or for worse. I am going to trust them with my body, or rather, I am going to let them hurt my body as much as they feel like.

For this one time, I am going to be normal. For better (it allows me to relax) and for worse (I am more likely to get screwed).

Either this, being normal for next week, or I'm going to have to cancel the whole thing, because I am scared stiff.

Yeah, and if I can be normal about something as traumatic as eardrum injections, then I could be normal about taking losses from the markets, and my trading career would change as well.

Could I be normal? When it helps?

Can I be less picky and paranoid? Can I be less of a perfectionist?

We'll see.

We'll see... how life changes me. We'll see if I'll even be alive in a week. We'll see.

This journal has seen me change already, since my first journal entry, on September 5th, 2009:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/72598-my-journal-post884910.html

We will see how much more I can document here my changing, if I can even change from alive to dead.

We'll see. At a given point, it could also become unbearable to write everything about how my life evolves (just like for everyone else, who's not writing anything here), and then I'd stop writing, after explaining why. Even in case of a decision in favor of committing suicide, I would come here and explain what's going on. So, if I suddenly stop writing, it must have been an accident or that I've been assassinated by the CIA or similar. Or that I am in a coma and can't write anymore. In all other cases, I would come here and explain the situation or why I have to stop writing.

But so far, it's been over 4 years, and I am still writing, day after day.

Still writing, and still trading. And the trading capital is better than what I began with. So, all in all, it's been a good experience for me. A little by little, decade after decade, I might eventually reach the point of saying "hey, success", if I make enough money to quit my job, or even enough money so that I have more from trading than from my job.

Yeah, I could be there already, if I hadn't stayed with my position trades. But as I said, my discretionary trading is what gave me this capital, so I can't just blame my discretionary trading when it doesn't work, and forget when it worked.

Ok, now I'll watch a movie, online, from putlocker or something. I already tried a few and they were all bad: ben stiller, vince vaughn, leonardo di caprio. All awful, I won't even name the titles to not give this garbage any publicity.

Recapitulating, though, I am totally unhappy right now:
1) no hearing healing
2) tinnitus
3) fear of further injections
4) disappointment from parents

I can't believe I am not considering suicide anymore, given this long list of problems.

For someone as organized/perfectionistic as I am, not seeing everything go perfectly, is so frustrating that considering suicide is like considering a perfect solution. Except it is a reboot from which you don't wake up.

Last edited:
Here's what I am thinking. If this slight health problem can plunge my life into despair and chaos, then it means it wasn't very stable, happy to begin with. It was already on the verge of despair.

On the other hand, this sounds reasonable but it isn't true either, because that's the way it happens with all health matters. You're healthy today, and then, if tomorrow you find out you have tumor or something else, like AIDS, then your life can go from happy to tragedy in just one second.

As Lennon sang, life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. I would even further specify that usually it's an accident or a disease that happens to you. Only in rare cases do you get assassinated like the author of the song.

There, I just found a website that puts me in a good mood:
http://planecrashinfo.com/

At least I wasn't in a plane crash.

Every time I look at this website, it puts me into a good mood.

I'm gonna watch a movie maybe:

Nope, very bad. Boring. Aborted.

...wow, utterly depressed. Now I'm watching Lone Survivor:
http://www.vodu.ch/file/95cdbc6f928...81a10ad81f1f9&confirm=Continue+to+Play+Movie#

I don't know if I'll ever feel good again. I don't think so. It's going to take at least 100k, then I quit my job, move to the house by the beach, and then I might feel good again. Nothing less than that. My potential for happiness is gone forever otherwise.

Lone Survivor, another movie recommended by an old friend, and the fourth one to be bad.

Ok, now I am supposed to watch "searching for sugar man".

Couldn't find it.

Now I'll watch this, Escape Plan:
http://www.watchfreemovies.ch/watch-movies/2013/watch-escape-plan-3220848/

I'm gonna have to cross my legs, for support, if I cross them, I feel better sometimes, like when I'm vulnerable. It's like a pat on the back, that I give myself.

Yeah, in this movie, Stallone is in jail and he tries to escape.

I guess being in jail is worse than my present situation.

Another bad movie, advised by my friend.

Gosh, this is not good. Stallone is wearing too much make-up. He should look older. Prodi is older but looks better. You could look older and look better. Stallone is trying too hard to look too young.

Need to start another movie now.

Runner, Runner:
http://www.watchfreemovies.ch/watch-movies/2013/watch-runner-runner-99220903/

All right, I'll stick to this one.

Yeah, it was ok.

Ok, one more movie. This seems quite good:
http://www.watchfreemovies.ch/watch-movies/2013/watch-out-of-the-furnace-99220898/

Hmm, didn't like the ending.

Last edited:
Still alive. Sunday. Slept 10 hours.

Tinnitus still in my ear, as loud as always. It's been there since the first steroid injection, 10 days ago. They said there would be no side-effects. They said I am imagining it, after I reported it.

It doesn't bother me as much as I heard others say. What bothers me is that I didn't have it before the injection.

And it bothers me that I had to get the injection to play nice to doctors I don't trust, in order to get the HBOT sessions, and I had to play nice as a regular patient to regular doctors, because my father didn't use his connections to get me all the assistance he could have gotten me. With such connections, all I'd have gotten is HBOT sessions and no injections. And instead, here I am, about to get 3 more injections, because the doctors I have to kiss up to, think that I need them, along with another 10 HBOT sessions.

I'm not going to forget this easily. The tinnitus will be there to remind me of this.

A little search and sure enough... here's someone else arguing that his tinnitus was caused or worsened by steroid injections:
http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/community/forums/tinnitus.aspx?g=posts&t=4936
Hi everyone, I would like to know if anyone else has had expereince with steriod injections. One of the things that happened to me at the onset of my current bout of terrible intrusive T (3 months now) was that I had not one but 2 steriod injections for arthritus. I am reasonably sure this has taken my T from background barely intrusive to wrecking my life T 24/7. I came across this somewhere "Tinnitus can be traced to drug-induced hypertension brought on by medications such as amphetamines and corticosteroids. These can sometimes increase the heart rate, which brings on hypertension, severe headaches, fatigue and tinnitus. These medications are often used to treat skin conditions, various kinds of tumors, anxiety, depression and attention deficit disorders." Any comments. G

And another one:
http://curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1416252
Dont ever,ever let any Doctor give you steroid injections into the middle ear!!! I had a bad case of tinnitus after a music rehearsal and I snapped after about 2 weeks of this relentless noise . I tried a number of things, xanax,clonazepan,even hyperbaric oxygen therapy etc.
...to make a long story short...I recieved some intratympanic injections of decadron(dexamethasone) into both ears. 1 shot a week for 3 weeks in each ear.
At the time my T was fluctuating up and down so much that I couldnt tell if the injections were helping or hurting...sometimes it would be louder after the shot sometimes not...in retrospect I think the shots made it a little worse each time but I didnt notice because I had been given the sedative clonazepam to try to take my mind off it and it was what made the shots seem like they were working.
Before I realized any of these corellations my left ear started to get alot worse and it was suggested that I try another agent, solu-medrol, another similar drug but this one is better because it absorbs faster and deeper into the ear so i agreed to try one more shot to my left ear...
Wow, I never had such a painful procedure in my life!! and the ringing got so bad after that last injection that I now had very severe tinnitus...my left ear is unbearable...my right is extremely loud but is drowned out by the left...i am on the verge of a nervous breakdown...I have destroyed my marriage and my business...this as essentially ruined me.
i am still holding on to a thread of hope that something will be available to help with my situation...if anyone knows ao anything other than the usual trt,masking etc. please let me know thank you
Please do not try the injections!!!
Thank you,

Unbelievable, and yet, despite all this, I just set the alarm, to go to the hospital tomorrow, and get all these things done to me. Why? For these reasons:
1) I want the 10 HBOT sessions.
2) after the second injection, the tinnitus didn't get worse
3) there isn't a wide majority of people complaining about tinnitus being caused by steroid injections
4) I gave my word to the last doctor who assisted me - yeah, I was desperate to get those HBOT sessions, but I don't want to disappoint him by not showing up tomorrow. I feel the risk of further damage is low enough to not disappoint this doctor who helped me, by prescribing me the 10 extra HBOT sessions I wanted.

You see, the funny thing is that here you could simply pay for those 10 extra HBOT sessions, but things work so poorly in Italy, that even if, like me, you're willing to pay, they're not organized enough to let you pay and get what you want.

So, your money is almost useless, and your rights as a citizen are useless as well, so basically you either know doctors personally, and I mean important doctors, like heading the hospitals, or you're screwed. And, without my parents, i have none of these such connections. That's why I am very upset. That's what I've been saying for the last 2 weeks. My parents, instead of getting cured, have been urging me to return to the office, from the very onset of my symptoms. According to them, I should have been getting no therapy at all, nor a visit by any doctor. According to them, your hearing comes and goes, LOL, and then comes back by itself. Not only according to them but also according to all the other doctors/relatives who were hanging out with us on the island, who told me not to worry, that it was due to my cold.

And here I am, lying on bed at 1 pm on a Sunday, with my laptop on my stomach, in a situation of permanent complaining, of quasi-despair, but not so desperate that I can't watch movies. So maybe it's not that bad, or maybe... let's say that it could be worse. I could have this and a tooth-ache.

Maybe I am indeed exaggerating the symptoms, in order to get all the breaks I can get with a given amount of illness. And maybe my parents have understood this. Indeed, as I said repeatedly, they're the kind of self-sacrificing people who keep working until they collapse, ignoring all the symptoms, and, as I said, they both collapsed.

What bothers me though, is that I did not sign up to be a martyr nor a hero. I don't see it as my duty to ignore my illness (I am never sick otherwise), when I have it, in order to work for my bank, or do charity, like my mother does, or follow a political mission, like my father does.

I didn't sign up for this, and I can't accept others signing me up for it. I am selfish, and selfishness is the most important quality I have, because it keeps me alive.

And I am disappointed that my parents care more about me being at work than about my own well-being. Can we forgive them?

Probably yes, given how they do not take care of themselves, given their ignorance and self-sacrifice. But the fact of understanding them and forgiving them does not mean I should get damaged by their attitude, nor that I should even deal with it. So, for the time being, I will avoid them, in order not to have to see such disrespect for my... selfishness... of wanting to get cured.

You see, LOL, to them, losing a little bit of hearing is not a big deal. You shouldn't miss 3 weeks of work because you lost some hearing and are trying to recover it.

They would do the same for their own hearing, as I said.

So, I can't really be upset that they're treating their son as they're treating themselves, or should I? No, I guess not.

But, as I said, it still bothers me enough to make me want to avoid them.

Now, the tinnitus, as many people argue, is psychological, similar to a panic attack. In other words, if you change nutrition and lifestyle, it could go away.

This could be a great excuse/reason to quit my job. But it's not big enough to justify something like this.

But, if I change my overall everyday attitude in a negative way (even exaggerating symptoms of discomfort), and if some profits come from my position trades, then I could work on this outcome of quitting my job. Maybe by the end of the year.

And, in this view, these extra injections, should they worsen my hearing problems, would contribute to the desired outcome.

Yeah, actually, it doesn't sound very good. I would prefer to have no health problems and keep my job.

But, given health problems, why not exploit them to quit my job.

Well, given that I won't kill myself yet, we will see what my mind decides in the next few months.

For now, the most important policy will be this of avoiding my parents, given that they just hurt me no matter what they say or not say, for example by not showing any concern for my health, and bringing up other subjects.

But... it seems almost impossible now, given the present state of despair/sadness/frustration, but if my positions pay off, and let's say GC goes to 1700, SI to 27, GBL to 135, JPY to 1.05, ZC to 500, CL to above 100... if this happens, and my capital goes above 60k, then I would be a new person. I would forget about whatever health problems I will have left in 3 months, and I will at least make two trips, which I've been planning for a while:
1) amsterdam, for pot and possibly for sex (only if I'm in a really good mood)
2) london, to visit my cousin

Then, if all this profit happens, which I've been expecting for over six months, basically expecting that all these markets finally bottom, which they never do... if all this profit happens, I will also take a trip to the island, to meet the old maid, provided that the new maid, that bitch, is no longer working for her. Yeah, even 2 trips, in case the bitch isn't there. And as I said, if my hearing goes back to normal, I still have that pledge to go every single weekend, until she dies.

These in the last paragraphs were my dreams. My complaints and despair are instead all over the journal, page after page. So that reader will be happy. He asked me to mention reasons to live for. I finally wrote something on it, a 1% of my entire journal. My reasons to live are taking trips to the island, to amsterdam and to london. And, even before that, seeing my position trades produce profits. In other words, succeeding at trading. Yeah, and resuming the trading by my automated systems. Once again, I can confirm that money is everything. With money, I wouldn't have slept in that cold house on the island, and would have no health problems now. With money, I could have travelled or moved to a place where my money could have cured me. With money, I would not even have a job to worry about. Money is everything. Money is time... money is health...

Last edited:
http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldn...hic_Year_Of_Historic_Devastation_&_Chaos.html
It took a few decades to reach crescendo, but the end of the Bretton Woods monetary system in 1971 has now led to catastrophic levels of debt and inflation across the developed world. The corrupt business cycle goes like this: Politicians and bankers desire to spend and create more money than what a genuine economy’s savings can generate through productivity and increased labor force.

Government and private bank interference in the marketplace continues to grow through the process of increasing the amount of aggregate debt outstanding. When this process goes unchecked for several decades — as is the case in Japan, Europe and the U.S. — debt levels become so onerous that they demand interest rates remain near zero percent for the economy to function.
So let’s set the record straight. If crumbling a nation’s currency was the pathway to prosperity, then all banana republics would soon become manufacturing and economic powerhouses. But that never happens.

Trying to boost manufacturing and GDP growth by lowering the purchasing power of a currency does not “beggar thy neighbor” but instead bankrupts thyself. It does this by destroying the middle class, discouraging foreign direct investments, and by discouraging productivity gains, and creates damaging imbalances in the economy. These imbalances lead to intractable levels of debt, uncontrollable inflation and unmanageable debt service payments.

Last edited:
Petition gegen zdf-moderator

Ongoing online petition against ZDF talk show host, Markus Lanz, due to his aggressive interview of politician Sahra Wagenknecht:
http://www.abendblatt.de/kultur-liv...Streit-kommt-fuer-Markus-Lanz-zur-Unzeit.html
https://www.openpetition.de/petition/online/raus-mit-markus-lanz-aus-meiner-rundfunkgebuehr

This guy is Italian:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markus_Lanz
Although Lanz holds Italian citizenship, he works exclusively in German television as a presenter. He is a member of the native German speaking majority in the Italian province of South Tyrol. He grew up in Geiselsberg, a village that lies 1344 meters above sea level in the central alps. He has stated that his family was rather poor, after his father died early and his mother was left with 3 children. Especially in the winter months they had to rely on outside help.[1] Due to his very good school grades he earned a scholarship to the monastery of Neustift and attended the classical secondary school in Brixen. Eventually he finshed high school in Bruneck. After graduating he served in the alpine division of the Italian army as a radio operator and started working at the radio station Radio Holiday. In 1992 he graduated from the Bayerische Akademie für Werbung und Marketing in Munich with a degree in Business Communications.
What's remarkable is that, with all this controversy, no one ever said anything against Lanz for being Italian, and Wagenknecht herself is half Iranian. It really seems that Nazi ideas are out of fashion in Germany today. Maybe Germany today is the best country in the world.

Last edited:
Back. It's 7.20 pm on Sunday.

Still alive and not planning a suicide.

In 24 hours, I will have done 2 more HBOT sessions and one more steroid injection in the eardrum.

Tomorrow will be the toughest day of the week.

Tuesday and Wednesday will be exactly the same: 2 HBOT and 1 injection per day.

If I survive with my hearing intact until 72 hours from now, then it will call for a celebration. Wednesday night I will celebrate if they haven't done any further damage to me. I will eat a kebab and watch a movie.

Another 72 hours.

Then two more easy days, with a total of 4 HBOT sessions.

Then back to work.

A dream for next week, or two: 1) that no positions get closed from margin call, and therefore they rise in value (given that they're close to margin call), and 2) that I recover a little bit more of my lost hearing.

But not receiving any further damage will already be a success. I believe in the benefits of HBOT, other than for my hearing, so I will go for it with great conviction. The problem, as I said, is the injections. But I had to play along or they wouldn't give me the HBOT. The hilarious thing is that injections in the US cost 3000 dollars, and instead here I am getting them for free, although I don't want them.

Random disorganized allocation of public health care. It's a jungle here.

Last edited:
These look really good and set for a huge bounce: GC, SI, JPY, ZC

gc.png

si.png

jpy.png

zc.png

I can't wait. If it happens, I'll make dozens of thousands, pretty quickly.

Then I'll have to resume my automated trading. To keep myself distracted, or else I'll be too excited and I'll end up closing them early. Like I did with NG. Damn!

I said they look really good and ready for a bounce, but then again I've felt the same way every day in the last 6 months.

Last edited:
Still alive. Up again, at 6 am, after 8 hours of sleep.

I am starting the systems, like every day in the past 5 years.

Every morning, as I wake up I hope to be healed, but once again the miracle didn't happen. Especially I was hoping to be healed in order to avoid all these upcoming injections. But, after 5 minutes, I realized I better continue one more week of treatment.

Incidentally, in case I didn't mention it, there are many side effects for the HBOT sessions: I see much better, even the small prints, even with my left eye, which is worse.

For a year, I had a back-ache. That's gone, too. Also, great gums. I can feel that my gums are much stronger. Also, a couple of more things I am forgetting now.

I don't know how long these effects will last or if I'll detect negative side effects, but right now there's no doubt that HBOT is causing a lot of positive side effects.

Another good thing is that, as I hoped, during the night, in the first 6 hours of trading, there were no positions closed due to a lack of margin.

Just 90 more minutes to go and my GBL position will be half margin, so most likely nothing will be closed, at least until the overnight margin will resume at 10 pm.

By then, things will go in my favor hopefully.

Today I am running out of emotional, physical, and financial margin all at once. It will be one of the hardest days: 8 am hyperbaric oxygen session, 10 am injection in the eardrum, 16 another HBOT session. Then I come home and will see how my positions are doing.

Hopefully we all have bottomed and reversed the medical and financial trend.

Almost time to take a shower and shave.

I hope soon I will resurrect. Surviving is not good enough. I need to be born again.

I need to forget all these events, and think back to them as irrelevant nonsense.

Or maybe I will deceive myself, and it will feel like that, although they will have marked me forever.

Usually that's what happens. You solve the problem or get used to it.

Ok, I can't write anymore. I have to go.

Ok, back from the injections. I can't write a new post because of this message keeping me from posting:
This site's anti-spam requires Javascript; enable it and refresh this page to continue.

NoScript Users: Whitelist the domain services.wpspamhammer.com and refresh.

Yeah, really really bad idea. I tried it on all browsers. It's impossible to write new posts, because, no matter whether your javascript is enabled, it considers it disabled.

So, I guess unless they fix it, I won't be able to write anymore here, as soon as this last post's 24 hours expire.

Anyway, as I said, it's now 5 pm and I am back from the injection and the 2 HBOT sessions.

Pretty scary fact: after the injection my hearing actually got worse. It is not my imagination, as these doctors would like me to believe.

Tinnitus increased, and hearing decreased (not due to tinnitus).

Now I don't know exactly what to do, whether to tell them that I won't get any more injections, or if I should just not show up. Or if I should even get more injections, despite the damage I am seeing and hearing: this sounds like a crazy choice, but it could very well be temporary damage. Although I don't know about the benefits of these injections. And so the only reason I'd get more of these apparently harmful injections is to keep my word that I'd let them inject me and to get my next 8 HBOT sessions, without a guilty conscience for having deceived them or for having changed my mind.

More support from my parents at a time like this, would have helped. But, as I said, all they worry about is that I go back to work.

In the meanwhile, no positions got closed, and I am about 600 dollars above liquidation risks.

If tomorrow I won't write anymore, nor in the near future, it will only be because of this "javascript" messages mess. Until they fix it, I bet others will have the same problem, too.

---

I'll take advantage of this post and edit it one more time, too add some info about my health problem.

The tinnitus began after the first steroid injection, and it was pretty mild, and I could only hear it at night, when it was quiet.

After today's third injection, I could hear less, and the tinnitus that began is one that I can hear even if it's not quiet, during the day. LOL.

I think I am making my mind up not to get any more injections, no matter how much I'd like to keep my word with that doctor. At this point, they could even cancel all my HBOT sessions, and I still wouldn't get a fourth injection.

If tomorrow morning everything is back to the way it was before this third injection, then I'll get injected a fourth time, because it will be clear that it's temporary effect of the injection, which the injecting doctor mentioned today for the first time.

If instead, after the HBOT session, I still hear less than before the injection, and I still hear a tinnitus which can be heard with noise around me, then at the very least I will ask to postpone the fourth shot, but more realistically I will tell them that there is no way I will ever get injected again.

Last edited:
Ok, javascript not giving problems anymore.

Now I can finally write a new post.

I went to see a movie with a friend, "blue jasmine" by woody allen. Great movie. Realistic, unusual by woody allen. More about reality than about comedy.

Anyway, I think I am going for the fourth injection tomorrow. My hearing hasn't gotten that much worse. I could hear my friend yelling, asked him to lower his voice, the movie was fine, the tinnitus I totally forgot about for a few hours.

The way I see it, these injections go like this: they might help or might not help. But the first thing they do, always, is hurt your hearing. Do I want to forgo the potential benefits from them, because they hurt my hearing immediately? I don't know.

Overall, whether from HBOT or from cortisone, I don't know which one for sure, my hearing has improved in the last few weeks. Unfortunately the tests are not that reliable either, because this doctor takes tests of my hearing while the students talk. But the tests say it improved, however unreliable they may be, and affected by the doctor himself, who asked me to look at the previous test before taking the new one (big mistake obviously, statistically flawed methodology).

I don't know. I have to make a big decision that will affect my life either way. To be injected or not to be?

These doctors say it's best to be injected. I trust almost zero. Their opinion is as likely to be wrong as to be right. "Doctors" in general means nothing. Here we cannot assume "doctors" are generally good and helpful.

So why should I be injected?

Here's my reasoning. First of all, I gave my word. That's one thing in favor of injection.

Second of all, this thing has been done to hundreds, and these "doctors" claim without side effects. There's similar information on the web, so overall I cannot say the odds are against me by getting injected. The Italian doctors opinion is matched by information gathered on the web. Yes, there's risks, but small.

So, given all the potential benefits from this, both matched by these Italian "doctors" and information on the web, and such little damage felt by me (tinnitus for sure deriving from injections but not a dramatic loss of hearing), I feel I will go ahead with it. Also considering that today this "doctor" said that tinnitus from medication is temporary. Which I don't know if I should trust him or not, but at least he said this. It's not my imagination creating this information to make myself feel better.

So, most likely I will go for the 4th injection tomorrow.

I had to close GBL. Margin wasn't enough. JPY, GC, SI came back down a bit and so I had to close something. I closed my short on GBL, given that on Tuesdays (tomorrow) historically it rises.

Ok, back from the 14th HBOT session and the 4th eardrum steroid injection.

Still alive and I can still hear, so that I spoke to the cab driver and told him to get me here.

Still the usual tinnitus though, and of course no improvements. I am already celebrating that there isn't any major... deterioration, after all these injections.

Regarding my positions, I just got back in my GBL short, but unless GC and SI show some gains today, I will have to close something by 10 pm (CET).

I bought a cap, or what do you call this... "Bones Beanie" by The North Face:
http://www.thenorthface.it/tnf-it-it/bones-beanie/p46517.html

AHHZJK3.JPG

I look dangerous, and / or ridiculous, but I need it for my health. I went, in just one month, from not caring about getting wet in the pouring rain to wanting to avoid the slightest bit of cold air.

This change in me happened because I lost my hearing due to a regular cough.

Now I look like this guy, except uglier probably:

image1xl.jpg

I knew that gold and silver weren't going up. The precious metals ordeal isn't over.

Here's what I am thinking about right now, what I am worrying and obsessing about. This girl/lady, probably around 30, is always attending HBOT sessions at 16.00, and when I get out after my session, which starts at 14.00, I meet her. One day, when I only had 10 sessions available, the staff told me to breathe more oxygen. I did it, and I came out a bit hyperventilated and overexcited from breathing so much oxygen. Then I came out on the waiting room, and she was there, and I said that breathing from your mouth and taking in more oxygen helps your recovery. She didn't appreciate it at all, and she said "it's not true" and looked at me with hate. She's been attending these sessions for a while and she said she breathes normally and she looked at me with scorn.

The problem is that now, each time I meet her, she looks at me with contempt. It really bothers me. I wish she were dead.

Then yesterday I ignored her, and she kept staring at me. I kept ignoring her. She seems bothered to be ignored by me, but if I say hi to her, she looks at me with contempt, even when there's just me and her.

I could simply think she's a mean bitch, or crazy, but I usually think there's something wrong with me - usually I know the problem is that I talked too much, was too sincere or similar, and I often end up being hated by someone for taking up too much space/attention. Nonetheless I wish she disappeared.

I don't know what to do, whether to ignore her, and hurt her because I am ignoring her, or to say hi, and being hurt because she always has that contemptuous look on her face.

This somehow means that I am healing, at least emotionally, because if I were obsessed about my health, I wouldn't have the time to worry about this bitch.

I am like this: insecure. You could take a random person and tell him to stare at me with a contemptuous look, and I'll immediately think I've done something wrong. I won't think this guy is crazy because I don't even know him. I'll think that I am guilty, and it'll bother me to have been caught, or a similar reasoning.

You see, you know why all this? When you have a father who, as you grow up, tells you nothing else but what you've done wrong, overwhelms you with criticism and zero compliments, zero rewards, zero positive feedback... that's what happens to you. You can't change it.

I don't why my father behaved like this, but I can tell you that he's done the same with his brother, making him just as insecure, and with his wife, and I guess with anyone he had a chance to impact.

I think he deserves close to the death penalty for this behavior. Or a lifetime in jail.

I'll never forgive him for his negativity to us all, and to me in particular.

You see, you're always going to meet someone who doesn't treat you nicely.

If you're raised with a stick and carrot approach, "good job" and "bad job", you're going to have this attitude: I did nothing wrong, so it's her problem.

If you're raised with a "stick and stick" approach, "bad job", "bad job again", "you suck", "you're a failure", "you're always making mistakes"... then instead you will have this attitude: "this bitch is staring at me with contempt, so I have done something wrong. Oh god, I am feeling so bad. What can I do to win her approval...? I wish she died...".

Money would be a fix for me. It would fix it because money gives you confidence, I have no doubts about this, because I know how I felt, for months, when my account was at about 40k, and expecting it to go higher. And having achieved a zillion % return in such a short time... money is the one thing that could fix all my confidence problems.

It is good. It is a good medicine.

I know this concept of money solving problems gets bad publicity usually (maybe mostly by those who don't have it), but I still state my case, that money is a totally healthy remedy to lack of self-confidence. In particular if you earned it yourself.

Just came back from watching this great movie, Still Life, by Uberto Pasolini. British movie, but directed by an Italian director, who's been working in England for many years.

Last edited:
Ok, slept 8 hours and going in a few minutes for my 15th, 16th HBOT session and 5th and last eardrum steroid injection.

I've made my mind up about how to treat that bitch in the waiting room. I will ignore her completely: no point is saying hi to someone who shows such contempt for me. I will pretend she's transparent.

The problem with my positions today is that JPY, GC, and SI went back down to where they were a week ago, and so now there's not enough margin to have GBL any longer.

ZC is doing a little better. I am hoping that it finally has bottomed.

I definitely will not forget this "position trading" ordeal. I started this in July-August, but for some of these positions as early as a year ago. I thought: now GC and SI will double in value, and the futures will give me a zillion % return.

This reader told me: don't worry where it will be in the long term, what matters to us is where it will be tomorrow. And I replied: but I can wait several months. Well, I was right and wrong. Had I left my positions alone and used my systems I would have 4 times as much capital now. At the same time, most of that capital was deriving from position trades. Position trades means: you could wait a few months or a few years, but you're always uncertain how long it will be or if you'll be wiped out in the meanwhile.

But I still need to talk about the bitch i mentioned in the previous post. I don't know what she has - I hope she'll die soon. I don't remember doing this to anyone, but maybe I did it, too, for more serious reasons. One day I said something about how it is important to breathe oxygen deeply, the deeper the better. Well, she has been looking at me with hate and contempt from then on. I only meet her for 5 minutes every day in the HBOT waiting room. I will have to meet 3 more times, and then I will never see her again. Well, I don't like the way she looks at me and it really bothers me. The problem is that she doesn't want to be ignored by me and she doesn't want to ignore me. Gee, what a pain in the ass. I had an aunt who was similar, but not exactly like this. She treated me like the black sheep in the family. Her children didn't swear, were good students... I was the opposite. In the same way, she didn't ignore me. She always made sure to tell her children not to follow my example, in front of me. What a bitch. She made me feel really bad. And I didn't ignore her. But this patient, I could ignore her. I want to ignore her in a way that she understands why I am ignoring her, as if I told her: you give me that look, so don't expect me to say hi to you.

Like I said yesterday, if I am now worrying so much about this other patient, maybe it means I am getting better or getting used to my health problem. And probably not expecting it go get worse from eardrum injections. I think that's the case. Indeed, before having this problem my daily complaints were about the child neighbor being noisy and the cab drivers not being polite.

Hopefully I'll go back to complaining about these more trivial things.

Ok, about to go.

Today I have to remember to ignore this bitch in the waiting room. I don't want to say hi to someone who's giving me a disrespectful look. I should not acknowledge her existence. I must not even look at her. She will be transparent.

Last edited:
Ok, back from the hospital.

Finished all injections, today, with the 5th and last injection. Now I hear worse than ever, hopefully it's temporary. That's what I am hoping and expecting.

I managed to not even look at that bitch in the HBOT waiting room, and it went fine, because what I dislike about her is all about her face and the way she looks when she's looking at me. I came out of the hyperbaric chamber, went straight to the bathroom, pissed, got out, didn't even look at her and left. I had said bye to the others while we were still in the HBOT chamber, so no one got offended, and I left without having to see that bitch's face.

Also, another good thing, I managed to re-enter my GBL short, at a higher price than I closed it yesterday. The extra margin came from JPY rising again, and... so did GC, but not SI. Oh, and CL rose a little bit, too.

Now I'll go to see another movie with my friend from college, because somehow he brings me back to normalcy, and somehow he may have a good effect on my hearing. Maybe it's just an impression or maybe he makes me heal. We'll see today, given that I am hearing worse than ever after the last injection.

Last edited:
Still alive, awake again, going for my 17th and 18th HBOT sessions today. Eardrum steroid injections are over.

Now is the time to recover emotionally from this ordeal, after doing for three weeks everything I could possibly do to help my recovery.

Now the worst of the therapy is over, all therapy is almost over... I can relax. Whatever could be done (that I knew of) has been done.

Now I'll just focus on eating right and sleeping.

I'll also stop complaining for a while.

No liquidations yet, although I am only 100 dollars away from it.

Last edited:
Still alive.

Just got back from my 18th HBOT session. That bitch from the session after mine wasn't there today, so I didn't even have to stomach her or try not looking at her face.

Nothing much to say about these last few HBOT sessions. At least, not getting injections, I am not risking further hearing loss.

Bleah, ****. Italian doctors... try to avoid them. You're lucky if you get out of the hospital alive. The hospital is surrounded by funeral services.

Anyway.

I came home and had this wonderful surprise: nothing got liquidated, and this is a miracle, considering that this morning I was just 100 dollars away from that event (one hour from GBL half margin).

But there is also a bad surprise: gold and silver aren't done falling and being manipulated!

They're down again today, and this nightmare seems to never end. They just keep bouncing on this bottom at 1200 and 19. They've been bouncing on it for months.

This is very bad news for someone who, like me, has resolved to hold them to the end (of the bottom) and then all the way to the top.

All the economic news of today are out already, so I don't see what hope there is for me to not end the day with less margin than I need for all these positions.

I might be able to make some money with natural gas, near the report release time (it's a Thursday).

But first I'd have to close something else. But it might be worth it.

Ok, I'll wait until 16.30, see what happens, and if it falls too low or rises too high, I will close GBL and CL, and place a trade on NG. It looks really volatile today, and I might be able to make 2000 dollars on it, just enough to keep all my present positions open.

It's 16.31 and so far it's not falling enough nor rising enough to take risks on it.

It's 16.34 and it's at 5.2. If, before 17, it reaches the high, near 5.5 or even just 5.4, I could go short on it.

Nope, nothing doing with natural gas either.

Yeah, pretty depressing today.

The injections might have hurt me. Deep inside I keep fearing this.

Another thing: the investments aren't paying off, haven't been paying off for six months, and I am starting to suffer from impatience, especially after all these health problems.

I was thinking about this. Given that I was disappointed by my parents, I could do what my cousin is doing, after experiencing a similar situation. He left the country and went to England. He's also had health problems, panic attacks. And now he's being paid by the UK a pension of disability, so he hasn't had to work for the last 10 years.

Maybe I could do the same thing. I go to the UK, work for a year at McDonald's and then I get panic attacks, and stop working and get paid 1000 GBP to stay at home and invest in the markets.

That way... that would be nice, but I don't feel like leaving the country, nor the house.

I am starting to get sad again. I had stopped yesterday, in celebration for the end of the eardrum steroid injections.

Now I am sad again, for the consequences of those injections. Either none, or even a further deterioration of hearing. Well, at least I am not getting injected anymore.

Tonight, at 20 CET, if I still have margin problems, I will close one ZC contract and one GC contract.

I forgot to mention. That friend from college, he's busy going to the doctor himself today, so he's likely to cancel that fourth movie in a row we had to go see today. And, being the only friend I have, I am likely to be staying at home. So I am staying home and I am almost bored. On top of being depressed.

I am going to watch this now:
http://youwatch.org/i6m8gl01bxnp

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Infid%C3%A8les_(film,_2012)

Not good. It sucks so far, ten minutes into it.

I will have to look into these movies with Eddie Marsan:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Marsan#Film

After his excellent performance in this movie, Still Life by Uberto Pasolini:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395417/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_6

I am still watching that french movie, Les Infidèles, although it is not that good.

Actually it wasn't that bad, they even have some positive reviews on rotten tomatoes:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_players_2012/

While not quite funny enough to cut it as pure comedy, nor emotionally probing enough to be a great drama, The Players is still a pleasingly frank and, at times, guiltily daft take on a very sticky subject.
July 11, 2012Full Review Source: The List

Emma Simmonds
The List

While there's undeniably a streak of misogyny at its center by virtue of its flippantly unfaithful characters, there's also a healthy dose of equal contempt for them...
July 11, 2012Full Review Source: Digital Spy

Emma Dibdin
Digital Spy

Stick out the glaringly unfunny prologue and you'll see the former George Valentin come good, with Dujardin and co-star Gilles Lellouche assuming a series of roles that see past the sex and explore men's impulse to cheat.
July 5, 2012Full Review Source: Guardian [UK]

Henry Barnes
Guardian [UK]

Actually it was that bad. After 40 minutes I had to stop it altogether - I couldn't bear it anymore. It deserves the rating of 35% it has at rottentomatoes.com.

Last edited:
Summary on the last few weeks of therapy.

I should not be worried that eardrum injections might have hurt my hearing because:
1) I have done research but have found that at worst they cause tinnitus.
2) the rest of the research is all in favor.

I should not worry about not having done enough, because:
1) i have done cortisone pills
2) cortisone injections
3) 20 HBOT sessions

I should not worry that I have not done things early enough, because:
1) although the earlier the better, many web sites say that injections are ok within 4 weeks, and I've done them after 2 weeks
2) I've started taking pills earlier than 10 days after the symptoms
3) I've completed 20 HBOT sessions before one month since the symptoms, and they say on wikipedia and that they may work all the way up to 3 months after the symptoms.

Now all I can do is wait and be patient. I've done everything I could do, given the little knowledge I acquired in this month.

According to my relatives (doctors) I should have done nothing, but just wait because they thought it was due to my cold. Totally wrong, as usual.