my journal 3

Ok, guys, I now have some margin to do something, so I am about to enter again my JPY position, if it's not too high already, or going short on NG if it's still high as it was yesterday.

I'll decide in a few minutes -- statistically, life can't be so bad to me. Something is going to go my way.

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks for the detailed feedback. I'll look into them.
Well i could write pages, or I could just in all sincerity, that i cant think of a better way to help you right now.
Imho, do more than look into them.
gl

Yeah, thanks again... although you know how sometimes silence is the best reaction to other people's pain? I've been appreciating this silence from you and the other readers. I am just complaining. I know you're reading, on a regular basis, but I am not really looking for solutions or advice. This pain is not going to go away, and in the meanwhile I am acting as much as I can to cure myself. But the emotional pain won't go away because I am disappointed by other people, no matter whether I'll heal or not, now I know that people don't give a damn about my health. There's not going to be a book that fixes being disappointed by people. The problem is not that I am depressed by people's behavior, but their behavior. Tell them to read a book on being sensitive.

But let's drop it. Let's not debate on this either. Let me just keep complaining.

Last edited:
resuming from #3823

page 93:
The Thirty Years’ War and the Peace of Westphalia of 1648, which ended it,
brought the final catastrophe to Germany, a blow so devastating that the country
has never fully recovered from it. This was the last of Europe’s great religious
wars, but before it was over it had degenerated from a Protestant-Catholic conflict
into a confused dynastic struggle between the Catholic Austrian Hapsburgs
on the one side and the Catholic French Bourbons and the Swedish Protestant
monarchy on the other. In the savage fighting, Germany itself was laid waste,
the towns and countryside were devastated and ravished, the people decimated.
It has been estimated that one third of the German people perished in this
barbarous war.

Great documentary series, Die Deutschen (2008-2010 TV Mini-Series):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1236350/episodes?season=1
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1236350/episodes?season=2

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks again... although you know how sometimes silence is the reaction to other people's pain? I've been appreciating this silence from you and the other readers. I am just complaining. I know you're reading, on a regular basis, but I am not really looking for solutions or advice. This pain is not going to go away, and I am acting as much as I can as far curing myself. But the emotional pain won't go away because I am disappointed by other people, no matter whether I'll heal or not, now I know that people don't give a damn about my health.

But let's drop it. Let's not debate on this either. Let me just keep complaining.
I comprende, will return to silent mode but will challenge you to at least read the first book i suggested, and implement some of the tools. Shouldnt take as smart n open minded dude as yourself more than a month or so id bet. Be most interested to see how you view what you posted above, esp the bits in bold.

All the best mate.

Yeah, I am glad you understood my point of view. But even some arguing would have been fine, because it's a good distraction from all these disappointments.

Ok, I managed to open a few profitable short trades on NG and with the profit I've made, I managed to get back into my long JPY trade.

Now all original positions are open except NG, which is way too high to be entered, and I don't have the margin anyway.

Hopefully all my illness... will be compensated by some luck in the markets.

Last edited:
Ok, I went out and got myself a kebab. If I have to die in the hyperbaric chamber, I want to die happy.

Just like my body did recently, also my positions have been getting a lot of oxygen today.

JPY wasn't bought cheap, but now it's higher.

I hope I won't have to get out of these positions due to margin call, although that's always tight, given the "imminent" nature of the "imminent" rising in my positions and the risks that it makes me want to take, namely barely having the margin for them.

Soon I'll go to sleep because as I said, when in doubt, the best thing to do is sleeping. Just as water is to drinking, veganism to eating, oxygen to breathing, and silence to hearing. Sleeping is the healthiest activity during our day.

Back home. A colleague from work called. He said the boss said kind words about my efficiency and to take all the time I want, in order to recover my health.

Regarding this, I am really moved. I get more support from co-workers than from my parents, who act as if I were hypochondriac:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochondriasis
Hypochondriasis or hypochondria (sometimes referred to as health phobia or health anxiety) refers to excessive preoccupancy or worry about having a serious illness.
Ah ah, "excessive" relative to what?

I have the illness for sure, but I guess it's not big enough of a problem to cure myself, as far as my parents are concerned. I guess to them I have the illness but still, my concern about it is excessive. Just like it was 10 years ago when I had a tumor. My father called me at the hospital and 1) told me to consider it like a vacation, 2) told me to go back to work as soon as possible (I did go back for a few days, despite having been told that I had a tumor in my head).

I guess I can see their point of view: unless you're physically unable to be at work, it is not ok to stay home. You have to die to on your way to work, or it's the proof that you're fit to be at work. In the same way, my father collapsed on his way to a political congress and my mom collapsed in the shower, in the process of saving money from calling a plumber as I had warned her to do for years given the smell of methane every time I took a shower.

Last edited:
All right, the day is ending, and my colleague called me and asked me about this problem:
https://www.google.com/search?num=1...0....0...1c.1.32.serp..25.14.1116.y_E30HQcn1I

Which caused me to spend an hour on it, because so many people are having this problem. Why do I have to solve a problem like this to a colleague when I am home because I am sick?

No wonder I feel guilty for not going to work. I have a sense of duty which is not equaled by anyone. These guys instead not only do not feel guilty for staying home, but do not feel guilty for exploiting someone who's sick at home, with their personal hardware/software problems. He's been calling me at home for years.

So, now you see why I have to look after my own interests, because if I went in the same direction as my parents want me to go, I would be totally exploited by society.

Now this colleague asked me if in the next few days I can work on my own on his problem. I said it's a little bit too much work for me. I can do the work if he's holding on the phone while I do the work for him.

I mean, I don't remember ever being helped by someone for one hour with a similar problem, which is what i did for him today, although I didn't solve it. And now he wants me to work on my own on his USB flash drive problem? Crazy world.

In the meanwhile, my positions have been going up greatly, but then down again.

There will be a margin call, because of the 5% extra margin requirement not being met, but not a liquidation. Hopefully.

The big problem today was with GBL, which went even higher, a lot higher. Now I am losing over 1000 euros on it. JPY instead kept rising and it was a good idea to buy it. But GBL is really screwing my margin today. It had a range of more than 100 ticks.

Screw this USB flash drive problem. Today I am going to stay up for a while longer. Tomorrow there is no therapy, it resumes on Monday.

I will stay up until past midnight to monitor my positions and see if anything is in danger of being liquidated.

Last edited:
When you're down and troubled
And you need some love and care
And nothing, nothing is going right
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running
To see you again
Winter, spring, summer, or fall
All you have to do is call...

Beautiful song, except that I am the friend here. Helping with the USB flash drive problems.

Who do I call when I am sick instead? No one: I get called for help.

I will stay up until past midnight to monitor my positions and see if anything is in danger of being liquidated.

On the other hand, he brought me good news from work. No one is blaming me for being sick.

I am only 200 dollars away from one position being liquidated. I have set that position to be either JPY or GC, which have been rising quite a bit today.

In half an hour the overnight margin will start again, and I am now 300 dollars away from liquidation.

All that was left out of my positions is NG. I'll be happy if I can continue to rise with these trades I have right now. The future will be bright again for me.

But I am still hearing the tinnitus in my ear. On the other hand, this tinnitus has started with the eardrum injections, but they said to me 1) autosuggestion 2) it will go away. In the meanwhile, I will have to withstand 3 more injections and why? Not because I believe they will help, but only because they believe it will help and they won't give me the 10 HBOT sessions if I don't also get the 3 injections. Oh, god. In this country it is not enough to pay taxes for your health, it is not enough to be willing to pay out of your own pocket every HBOT session they offer you, they now want you to 1) pay taxes, 2) pay out of your pocket (but they don't care because they won't charge me, since they can't pocket my money anyway), 3) kiss up to the doctors/nurses you're paying through your taxes, 4) be humble and submissive and obey them, 5) beg for treatment.

All this, unless you're connected by being friend with a doctor. If you're connected (but my father won't use his connections to help me), then you can do whatever you want. In the US all you need is money. Here you need 1) money, 2) taxes and 3) connections to the right doctors (not like my relatives, who told me that my hearing loss was due to a cold and that it would be gone once the cold was gone). Or else you cannot be cured properly.

So, injections in the eardrum, to make doctors happy. In the meanwhile, others with similar problems, but well-connected, are doing all the sessions they want, and zero injections in the eardrum.

The idea of getting 3 (more) injections in the eardrum... makes me hope there's a good monitoring the situation and working in my favor. It's ridiculous but it's one of those "imminent airplane crash" situations where I become religious again. Tonight I'll pray. I'll say the guardian angel prayer that my aunt has taught me again.

Damn these doctors, who use their power to help their own friends and don't care about the people who pay them. The same with professors, the same with everything public in Italy. In the entire hospital, I could only find one bathroom with toilet paper and soap in it, the HBOT bathroom. All the other departments had neither toilet paper nor soap. How can this be possible? Don't the citizens pay enough money to cover toilet paper and soap in a public hospital?

Why haven't I moved to another country yet? It is all my fault.

10 minutes from overnight margin.

usual 5% warning:

Snap1.jpg

And I am only 100 dollars above liquidation

I am going to close something, within a few minutes

before they do it

ok, done, I closed one gold

now I should be fine and will re-open it tomorrow

Last edited:
So, recapitulating. I've been living a nightmare, first, on the island, with the maid sick at the cold humid house, then with myself getting sick and losing some of my hearing. The new maid in charge of the old maid made that nightmare complete, in that she was a bitch.

Now, back in Rome, the nightmare has turned into a medical nightmare, with disappointing public health care and disappointing support from parents.

The nightmare will end at the end of this month. Since there were improvements, they will either continue or stop, but, provided there are no accidents from the eardrum cortisone injections nor from the hyperbaric oxygen therapy, I will be in an acceptable shape at the end of this month.

One more week of this nightmare and then I can call this experience over.

This has all happened because I went to sleep in a humid cold house, got a hard cough which I had from earlier, it got worse, I ignored the symptoms and lost my hearing as a consequence of it.

Cold is not good. Humid is not good. Cough is not good. Do not keep your cough. Do not play tough, like you never get sick, which is what I've been encouraged to do as I grew up. I am not a marine. Screw that attitude.

Do not ignore bad weather, bad room temperature, don't go live in a place where people blame you for using a stove / heater. Simply don't go visit those *******s.

Don't, don't, don't. Better to be alone in a warm place than to be with people you like but in a place where you risk your health.

Don't let people drag you into unpleasant unfavorable situations. Don't let people mislead you. Avoid people altogether in most cases.

And, before I forget: never fall asleep with your headphones in your ears, which might have been the cause of my problem, too. I've done it once too many.

Last edited:

http://www.silverdoctors.com/bill-murphy-germans-declare-gold-markets-are-rigged/#more-37634

also tomorrow, with the help of google translate, I will read these two german articles on the slow repatriation of german gold (supposedly it will take 7 years and even according to that schedule, they're behind schedule for the first year of deliveries):
http://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/article123988843/Die-ganze-Wahrheit-ueber-das-Gold-der-Bundesbank.html
http://info.kopp-verlag.de/hintergr...nnen-gold-von-der-new-yorker-federal-res.html

Last edited:
Still alive.

I am in the room upstairs with my computer, battling with internet sticks settings, which are close to the efficiency of Italian hospitals.

I woke a few minutes ago, and checked my positions. Nothing got closed. They evolved though. Gold has fallen a bit, relative to where i closed one contract, due to margin concerns. JPY has risen, and I don't regret buying "high" yesterday - now it's showing a profit of 900 dollars. GBL is causing me a huge loss.

Thing is I haven't slept my 8 hours yet so this is really bad, being here typing without having slept perfectly.

Especially after all I said about the importance of sleep.

In 4 hours intraday margin will resume and I'll be able to open that gold contract again.

Almost 5 hours actually. That's a long time. I need to find something to do, either sleeping more or I have no idea what else.

In the meanwhile my colleague is still harassing me with his USB flash drive problems, pretty hilarious. He called me to express concern for my health, and unloaded on me several hours of online research to solve his problem. If he weren't a hard-working and generous person, I would be disgusted with him.

Last edited:
Still alive.

It's 5 pm and I just re-entered my GC contract closed yesterday.

Now I am in every original position with the exception of NG, which just got away from me at 3.8, and there's no way I am buying it 10k higher.

Hopefully this is the end of my struggle with entering, exiting, liquidations, margin calls and what have you. I deserve some luck and the markets to go my way, on account of my health problems.

Now I'll go to return my second and last oxygen tank, then I'll buy some honey for my throat (I believe it helps), not that I have anything, but as preventative medicine.

Ahead of me is one more week of injections and hyperbaric oxygen therapy, and I need to spend a very healthy weekend without taking any risks as far as sore throats or anything that could compromise my therapy.

Tinnitus still in my hear, and it wasn't there before the cortisone injections.

But they say it is "autosuggestion" and that these injections have no side effects or negative consequences whatsoever, so I guess, once again, I will have to pretend that everything is fine. Just like in previous occasions.

At the same time, in return for the awful eardrum shots, I am getting the HBOT sessions, which I deem miraculous, so in part I get to be my own doctor so to speak. Had it been up to my relatives/doctors or my parents or basically what I had been offered by life now I all I'd have taken is some pills. Instead I went and searched on the internet, and got a lot more than that. Then of course my parents think I am being excessive and should have been back at work without any such medical treatment. I know I've said it already in about 10 other posts, but I like to repeat it.

Last edited:
Still alive.

Yeah, I just met my mom. She was looking for some stickers she needs for voluntary work, LOL. She's setting up a small clinic for homeless and needed the stickers for her homeless patients to classify some papers with the doctor, for a "cabinet", she mentioned. I don't know what they're doing but I told her where she'd find the labels/stickers.

So basically, confirmed once again, that she's not a witch. It's just that I count as much as anyone else to her. She's worried about her homeless friends, and that's admirable, but as a son, I am disappointed that she doesn't pay attention to me.

The same applies to my father. They also disregarded their own health problems until they collapsed, as i said, she collapsed in the shower and he collapsed during a political meeting.

In the meanwhile, still hearing the usual tinnitus in my ear, and the positions are doing great. Too bad I am out of NG, which today gained close to 7%. I was so right and yet so undercapitalized to keep it. 10k down the toilet. Due to being undercapitalized.

But 10k is still nothing if the other positions behaved as expected, which should give me profits of 100k.

I returned my second and last oxygen tank.

Tomorrow I'll get rid of all these oxygen masks and appliances around in my room.

I went to the st.peter square and prayed to the guardian angel. As I said I am atheist, but you never know. If I get cured, if I achieve immortality, I could even become a Franciscan, which would be my favorite.

Last edited:
http://www.silverdoctors.com/t-ferguson-more-on-the-german-gold-repatriation-scheme/
This story gets more fantastic by the day. Just like The Jelly of The Month Club, I suspect that it will be “the gift that keeps on giving the whole year” in 2014.
So now we’re told that Germany actually repatriated 37 metric tonnes of gold in 2013, or about 5% of the total 700 ton repatriation plan announced about a year ago.
Of this 37 tonnes, 32 were shipped the 500km from Paris to Frankfurt while a whopping 5 metric tonnes made it across the Atlantic from New York.
We are then told by the various central bankers that the reason for the paltry and delayed shipments are “logistical” in nature, due to the “challenges” of moving so much gold. Really? Seriously??

http://demonocracy.info/infographics/world/gold/gold.html

minute 26-27: "the comex is not going to default". These gold bugs are fixated with the COMEX defaulting and Koos Janses, who's not a gold bug, says it won't default. After all the wrong predictions by the gold bugs I am going to trust more Koos Jansen.

http://www.ingoldwetrust.ch/

NG gained 10% today. I am suffering, just to think that I was on it starting at 3.6 and dropped it at 3.8, due to lack of margin, from the other trades.

Damn. Lack of capital, damn lack of capital.

He's dead, Tom, and nothing can bring him back.

The NG is gone, Tom, and nothing can bring him back.

Let's focus on what we've got now.

Last edited:
Still alive.

The good news is that I woke up, and I am alive. Without any problems in lungs that could have been caused by HBOT sessions. I recently found out it was a risk. Of course no one had mentioned this to me.

The bad news is that I need to write a lot more, to complain and vent out my frustration for... basically being human.

You're 20 and you think about the future, a limitless thing for you. You play sports, you dream, you space out, think about philosophy... people try to sway you in all sorts of directions, and often they succeed, and not for your own benefit.

You're healthy and you think it is only others who experience health problems. Because, you think, you're blessed by god and he will protect you always.

Anyway, then you age, and you start having health problems, so that by the age of 80, it is not normal if you're not chronically sick and you're even expected to die, statistically speaking.

And when you get hit in your health and see how fragile you are, then maybe money gains even more importance, because it can make the difference between life and death, but the rest of the things lose importance:
1) I don't feel like updating my systems - I still run them every day, but I've set them aside as far as seeing their performance for a few months
2) I don't feel like reading Hitler's biography
3) I don't feel like getting up

Furthermore, I did some research while lying in bed, and here's what I found about the feared eardrum injections:
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/head-neck/diseases-conditions/hic-treating-menieres-syndrome.aspx
What are the risks of a steroid injection?
The steroid is injected directly through the eardrum (also called the tympanic membrane; see illustration). This can cause such events as temporary dizziness, pain and bleeding. Rare risks include damage to ear bones (ossicles) and middle ear infections. There is also about a one percent chance that the hole will remain in the eardrum, which could require surgery to correct.
So here my statistics studies are useful. They say 99% chance of no permanent hole in eardrum, but I still have to get 3 more shots. The previous shots don't count, because there was no damage. So it is .99*.99*.99=roughly 97% chance of getting away with no permanent damage.

Of course no one had mentioned this to me.

I wish I could lose my job, but I am far from that risk.

There's so much noise pollution at my job, with loud people, rude people.

If I could trade some of my health, which is gone probably, for not going to my job, I would be almost ok with it.

But nope, I have to return to my job, to these loud people. Despite my related problem.

So sad.

And all I can cling to, that could rescue me from this life, is trading.

All I can cling to is my trades, in which I believed so firmly and that didn't deliver. Gold, silver, corn and the others. I was wrong about all of them. Their rise was not "imminent" as we all told each other on the web. My margin almost totally ran out while waiting for their "imminent" rise. Even now I am not sure if their bottom is in.

My trading will make the difference between living at the beach, and living in the loud city.

If I can reach about 50k again, as I had before, I could resume trading my systems, and that would be a source of income, pretty reliable. Unfortunately I had to interrupt them because my margin was gradually eroded by my trades.

By now I'd have expected gold and silver to be at record highs. I'd have expected my capital to go from 45k to 90k. Instead everything is the way it was last summer, or lower.

I was wrong about gold, silver, corn, JPY, GBL, CL. I was right about natural gas, but I was forced to close it, due to lack of margin.

I was wrong about being immortal. I was wrong about being blessed by the gods and given health of steel. A mere neglected cough gave me hearing loss.

Months ago, when everything was under control, here and elsewhere I was pondering on self-control. And I had reached such a good level of self-control as to be able to ask myself every 5 minutes: what is the best thing in my own self-interest in terms of everything I am doing right now? And to do the best thing, at any time. I wouldn't even eat anything bad for me, nor even scratch my head.

Well, I am far from that situation of total self-control now.

I've been scratching my nose, the way I used to do.

As I scratch my nose, I am probably worrying about the upcoming eardrum injections and their risks.

I wish I could go back, even right now, to a self-controlled attitude, whereby I don't feel the urge to scratch my nose, which seems utterly useless and even harmful.

But you can't help feeling out of control when your health fails... due to coughing, which I didn't keep under control, so maybe that was my first self-control mistake, leading to an out-of-control situation.

Now I should and could sleep some more, and this would be in my best self-interest, having slept only 7 hours.

But the tinnitus is bothering me.

And along with it, I am being bothered by all these recurring thoughts:
1) disappointment and mistreatment by doctors
2) misdiagnosis and disappointment by relatives
3) lack of support and disappointment by parents

Some relevant news as far as my mood is that yesterday I watched, almost entirely, two movies: one with vince vaughn and one with ben stiller. They're bad. That's why I didn't finish them. But I've watched most of them. That tells me that, whether healed or not, I am emotionally recovering.

Another thing that tells me that I am emotionally recovering is that I returned both oxygen tanks, extremely heavy, and I carried them myself to the pharmacies.

Another thing that tells me that I am mentally recovering is that I wrote something about trading on this journal, about gold.

I'll have completely recovered, always mentally-wise (because health is partially gone for good), when I'll start reading Hitler's biography again.

And when I'll stop praying. Which will mean that I am not desperate anymore. Yeah, it sounds interesting. I'll know I've recovered when I'll revert to atheism.

Incidentally, a couple of weeks ago, I had made a pledge even, that if I recovered all of my lost hearing, I would travel to the island to visit the dying maid every weekend.

I definitely didn't recover it, so I don't have that problem.

Being normally atheist, it's interesting how I happen to dwell on religion and these pledges.

As I said, I even went to the Vatican and prayed yesterday.

Even if you're atheist, there's no point is ruling out that god could exist and help you out. I see no evidence of it, but he could still exist and influence our lives.

I can sense my mood changing again. Now i'll go a little bit on facebook.

Here's what I found:

This journal is good, so one day I can go back and see what I was thinking in this moment of despair.

Now I am in the mood to read and listen to this, but I am still not able to sleep:
http://www.silverdoctors.com/metals...the-lehman-credit-crunch-imminent/#more-37792

Last edited:
What a sad tale, Travis, but above the clouds the sun shines bright.

If you had the mind to do so I'd bet you could write as long a piece on what is good in your life, the things that make you smile, give you satisfaction, enjoyment and delight.

Go on , I challenge you, write it and rise through the clouds to the warmth of the sun :)

Hmm, thanks, very poetic. I will do it one day. As soon as my position trades pay off. For now I prefer to vent out my frustration.

Last edited:
Hmm, thanks, very poetic. I will do it one day. As soon as my position trades pay off. For now I prefer to vent out my frustration.

I've not been following your latest trades, Travis, but haven't they moved into the Hail Mary type (as you've described it in the past, I think)? There is a group of traders who stand and cheer in self-congratulation when they are stopped out in celebration that they have done the "right" thing even though they've taken a small hit. Your mind-set does not seem to allow you to do the same.

Forgive me if I have misjudged what has happened to your trades.