my journal 3

Alasdair Macleod: The Indian Government's Gold Folly | SilverDoctors.com
We have no way of knowing how much gold the American and European central banks have left, but it is a fair bet that it is less than half the 19,000 tonnes they officially claim to have as part of their monetary reserves. They are simply running out of bullion to sell to keep the price down. So it is almost certain that the Reserve Bank of India has come under pressure from western central banks to limit Indian citizens’ imports of gold.

Gold reserve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Silver Update 8/2/13 Gold Vault - YouTube

usual excellent video by BrotherJohnF

I have noticed that there is an abundance of knowledgeable financial analysts among gold/silver bugs. Much more than let's say in the fields of energy futures, grains futures, stock indices futures... in other words there is a very high quality level in financial analysis among these precious metals experts.

There's certainly a reason for this, but it escapes me. Maybe because studying gold and silver forces you to also focus on monetary systems and the global economy, whereas if you study natural gas, you can more easily overlook the rest of economics.

Last edited:
Another good day on the chart game

Attachments

• chartgame.com_practice_results.xls
    121.5 KB · Views: 91
354. Is the Fed Lying About Its Gold? –

At minute 8, once again, like in previously posted recordings, someone (mark thornton, a guest of lew rockwell) is explaining that central banks do not have much gold because they are leasing gold to bullion banks, and this merely to suppress prices, and he says (unlike others) that this is in order to avoid the bad publicity of gold prices rising, which would cause inflationary concerns in the population. I don't know if this explanation is good enough, but it is better than nothing.

Last edited:
Gee, I've had a second argument with a colleague because I keep defending the newly hired or isolated employees from their bosses.

I know it sounds very good and it is. In my life, I have noticed that when i got isolated or mistreated few if any people ever spoke a word to defend me. Even when I was innocent. It is a situation that always disgusted me, people are disgusting to me in general, because I've noticed this thing since an early age. So for sure I don't want to be like them. In general, I'd like to stay impartial, but if they leave me no choice, I will side with the newly hired employee against their boss (who happens to be just a colleague for me).

It is frustrating but it also feels good.

In the first case I defended a girl in my room from a colleague, but he understood that I was right, so he wasn't offended and stopped his behavior. He was treating her like an idiot while explaining things to her.

Then in the second case, it was two higher ups in the same room, arguing with each other, the guy was a bit higher in ranking and he was telling her, yelling at her, screaming that she wasn't doing her share of the job, that she was a shameless tardy and what have you. Regardless of whether he's right, that is no way to treat anyone, so... in this case, I failed to make peace between them, because he told me not to interfere, that it's not my business, so in this case, I had to lose a friend, him, at least temporarily, to make friends with this lady, whom I didn't even know until she got insulted by my so-called "friend".

Now, since the others are not so balanced as I am (at least in this field), what did they do? They went from saying nothing, which is their usual behavior, to suddenly, one day later, all siding with this lady (the second case), probably just because I had done so. You know, the domino effect, or 100th monkey or whatever it's called - their pathetic conformism in other words.

So now the most isolated one is the guy who did the yelling, and now I have to worry about this rude person, who is indeed rude, but who also, like everyone, does not deserve to feel so isolated. The thing is that I was not counting on this conformist behavior from my colleagues, and that within 24 hours everyone would have been with her and against him. And now I am worried about him, and about this isolation towards him that I set in motion. I don't feel that even Hitler should have been isolated for his behavior. In jail ok, but treated nicely, like all other prisoners, and I don't believe in death penalty.

These guys in my room (now there's 8 of us in it) are pretty disappointing in general, in their behavior - like most humans. There's a couple of them who don't even worry about replying to a salutation by someone unless everyone else does. What I do instead is if someone comes and says "hi" and no one answers, I always make sure at least I answer them. These guys instead go with the flow. If no one replies, they don't reply. If most people reply, then they reply. Pretty sad behavior. They're not worried at all about how the person who said "hi" will feel, but are simply concerned about not being left out of the group.

I am definitely learning about group behavior, ever since being moved with these monkeys. Sociology, in other words.

So, these guys, whereas they didn't give a damn about this lady who was being yelled at, after I decided to express support to her for being yelled at, all of a sudden these guys all did the same thing, and now the effect is that it looks like we are all ganging up on the guy who did the yelling, which is still better than to side with him and against her, but what would be even better is to condemn his behavior while accepting him and welcoming him as a person and colleague: we accept you, but we disapprove that specific behavior. Instead, not at all: these guys go from "you're ok" to "you're evil", and all do it at the same time. Crowds... always avoid them. Always avoid groups. People are at their worst when they're in a group.

Last edited:
Listen how she's bothered, and changes the subject, at the end when he starts saying that the dollar is about to start falling after breaking out of the range:
Technician: Why I bought gold - CNBC

She's like a guardian dog for the Federal Reserve. She manages the news so that it doesn't go where she doesn't want it to go. She must have been instructed to avoid certain topics, and not let go the discussion in a certain direction.

Check out also what they write on their web site on gold, on a day it gained 2%:
Gold heads for weekly loss as Fed doubts persist

On a day when gold made +2%, you focus on the weekly loss? It takes a lot of bad faith. According to this rationale, you can always have a negative title for gold. When it gains, you focus on a different timeframe: weekly, monthly, yearly - whatever allows you to say that it's falling.

Check out this other cnbc lady, in the first minute:
There will be more stability in gold: analyst - CNBC

"Gold is at 1300, but will it hold it once the tapering starts?"

First of all, there is no tapering yet, second, even with tapering, you're still printing away, third, the present price for gold is already virtual, because you can only find that price with paper gold, rather than with real gold. And number #4, isn't that pretty biased against gold, to ask if it will hold a given level it reached? As if gold's nature is to simply to keep on falling - which is not the case at all.

More of this biased talk by the lady at minute 1 and 2 seconds. I mean that one sentence she utters from 1:02 to 1:13 really says a lot about her agenda. She's almost upset that he dares to be long on gold. And it seems like someone has written that sentence for her.

CNBC clearly has an agenda against gold, in line with the Federal Reserve and the US government.

The only one, lol, who's against this reasoning is the expert being interviewed, but he keeps on being told "dude, come on, you're not really thinking that gold will rise in the long term, are you?".

I wonder how these "journalists" are being trained and instructed. It's like a propaganda machine at the service of the Federal Reserve.

I wrote another entire post with other examples here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/140032-my-journal-3-post2172616.html

LOL... I just found yet another hilarious video, with the expert being long on gold, and the journalists asking if there isn't really a risk of it falling... and this and that... and the options prices... Andrew, are you sure it isn't going to fall more?

Trading commodities ahead of China data deluge - CNBC

My father is involved in politics, and I've learned from him that you don't just listen to the most reliable source of information, but also to the unreliable ones, to learn what they're thinking and/or what they want their listeners to think. That's also good information.

That's why I listen to Obama's speeches, to CNBC and to many other sources of false information.

Last edited: