My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

So why didn't you........??
If that was an undignified pop at someone who served our country in the Fusiliers I would suggest you retract it immediately....Or I'll retract you.
Of course the true reason you would never have joined the Army is that you're a Coward who would prefer to back trawl members posts to try and find an angle.....

Man up buddy if you have an axe to grind.....

I don't think this is usually the reason. The main reasons for not joining the army are that many people believe it would be a stupid thing to do, and that their life would be worse off if they joined the army.

It's not cowardice to decide that it would be foolish to risk ones own life, to go and fight a war across the world with some people who you don't know and have done nothing to you, being paid a pittance, just because some politician thinks it should be done. It's common sense.

Of course the army does some good things, and there are benefits to joining, but you can't go around calling people cowards or saying they contribute nothing to the country if they haven't joined the army.

Yes native Indians are well known for using diced chicken breasts in their curry recipes due to the abundance of flavour therein. Cream is also widely used in curries in throughout India too. Excellent recipe. Your neighbours name ins't Mr Ben by any chance? Does he have a lot of nephews and nieces about?

So what if ive made a few modificatioins scoosey?? Spose youre the kind of guy that cant deviate from any recipe in the book (boring :sleep:). Youve got to let your creative talents out buddy, otherwise the world stands still! Know what i mean 'arry!?

Jeez, we got a debate on war here now!! What else needs to be covered?? Answers on a postcard :LOL:

P.s - dont say trading, cos im not risking anymore money til i KNOW im gonna make it. :smart:

GTTY

P.P.S - do u guys see the irony in you arguing about war?? lol

again, GTTY

Ive been helping out my mate who needed some wiring done at a house hes just bought (not for him - to rent out), earnt a few quid so not all bad. we were chatting about what wed do if there was a burglar (aka pikey) in our house tryin to nick the tv or whatevs. He sdaid hed kill em there and then as hes a threat to his family's saftety. I was like "woah, mate hold up, u cant just kill him because hes nicking your tv. He has to come upstairs, and if he did then id hit him with my nunchukas (ordered them by mail order from a martial arts mag when i was bout 12!!! ah the good old days! :LOL:), but then i thought im gonna be the one going to prison for using a weapon. and yes, im pretty handy with them! So if anyone knows wht the deal is if i did kill him with nunchukas (manslaugter not murder), let me know because i might have to choose a different thing to defend my "castle". Seriously, this could be a game changer if theres a pikey. Who reckons they know what'd happen?

Utter Bollacks sunshine and YOU KNOW IT

You picked up on the fact I was in the Fusiliers and had an obnoxious snide dig that you thought I and no one else would notice........

Complete Loser sunshine......

Some subjects are off Banter no matter how much pish taking I or others may indulge in ok......

You crossed that line by having a go at a former career when I was in the Army.

What have YOU done for your country I wonder....??

you got me. were you in covert ops stealth ninja division of the fusiliers?

read what you like into it, my response was the truth - if i had got bullied at school - which you said i had (i didnt), then i may have gone into the army to rebuild my self esteem. its actually quite positive, some careers turning around peoples lives. not gonna in a 9-5 job.

but how dare you call me a coward - i was in the ccf (army), i shot a .303 at some bushes once. i also punched the hardest kid at primary school, then ran away. whereas my family.....my great grandad fought on the front line at the somme - got injured, recovered and fought again at ypres, and was lucky enough to survive the war. my grandad & dad both served in the forces. i respect the forces a lot.

what stopped me joining the forces was the fact that i was fortunate enough to grow up in a 'fairly stable' global environment - thanks to our forces; the cold war had ended - there was no apparent threat to our borders, and the west had developed pretty fast & cld offer all manner of varying career paths. i had a choice. i was quite political as a teen & had read quite a bit on the many unethical motives politicians had sending their nations' people into war. and low & behold, a corrupt PM called tony b.liar goes & does the same thing sending some people i know & thousands more to their deaths on a war started cos of a lie. i will not risk my life at the behest of a politicans decision, i will only risk my life to protect my families & friends lives - & if that meant conscription, then yes i wld serve, but those wars dont exist anymore. respect to those who have fought, you included, its just not for me. well over 100k innocent civilians dead in a war over oil, wtf?!

hear about this ex service man? what kind of respect is he getting from his own govt? the one he risked his life for.........

Former Marine Indefinitely Detained In Psychiatric Ward Over 9/11 Facebook Posts | ZeroHedge

the land of the free. it was only covered in one uk paper i cld find, and i can no longer find that. so sorry, its a zh link again.

i bet i can beat you in an arm wrestle though.

we go from curry's to this. this thread is monumental.

What have YOU done for your country I wonder....??

i have paid an insurmountable amount of taxes which have helped pay for the crap & pointless wars of late, the crumbling nhs / infrastructure, useless pikeys benj mentions etc etc.

what has the country done for me? not a lot, see the above for reference points.

Jeez, we got a debate on war here now!! What else needs to be covered?? Answers on a postcard :LOL:

P.s - dont say trading, cos im not risking anymore money til i KNOW im gonna make it. :smart:

GTTY

P.P.S - do u guys see the irony in you arguing about war?? lol

again, GTTY

I gotz one, Brazilian or Hollywood?