My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

thanks.

ha, i like your personal notes in brackets.

similarly lived next to indian family (in south london), had some of the best indian food i have ever tried from them, better than when went travelling around india.

Youre welcome. ITs definitely something, which england has benefitted from by having a multicultural society. At least there's one! :LOL:

BTW, i would do the sauce for 15 (not 20-30 as i said) mins, and cook the chicken at the end in it for 30 mins (nt 45). Think i was a bit too heavy on the timings initially.

Feel free to post up any u like cooking rsh.

Good call rsh, here u go:

Ingredients

2 tablspoons ghee (clarified butter)
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic- minced
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 tspoon ground turmeric
1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes sauce
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon white sugar

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspon salt, or to taste (taste is what i do!)
1 teaspoon white sugar, or to taste (see above! :LOL:)
Directions

Heat ghee in a large skillet over med heat and cook and stir onion 'til translusent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook and stir just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir cumin, 1 teaspon salt, ginger, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and turmeric into the onion mixture; fry until fragrant(smells gud basically!), about 2 mins.
Stir tomato sauce into the onion and spice mixture, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer sauce for 10 minutes, then mix in cream, paprika, and 1 tablespon sugar. Bring sauce back to a simmer and cook, stirring often (do it a lot - makes a big difference trust me!), until sauce is thickened, 20 to 30 minutes.
Heat vegetable oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir chicken into the hot oil, sprinkle with curry powder, and sear chicken until lightly browned but still pink inside, about 3 minutes; stir often. Transfer chicken and any pan juices (best bits) into the sauce. Simmer chicken in sauce until no longer pink, about 45 minutes; adjust salt and sugar to taste. Voila!

Could you just clear up a few points, please Benj? Do I go long on EU before or after mixing in the cream and paprika, and would you advise scaling out during chicken simmering, or just closing the lot when the pink fades? Also, without wishing to be presumptuous, am I right in thinking that onion translucency is a valuable leading indicator, for late trading in the US banking sector particularly?

Thanks for sharing.

am I right in thinking that onion translucency is a valuable leading indicator.....

i heard the nazi box also doubled up as a slow cooker & deep frier making the best shnitzels this side of the western front. not sure how this affected profits though.

though i am surprised there isnt a cooking thread on here....cooking with dennis richards perhaps - a naked chef spoof.

eye of the tiger.

i heard the nazi box also doubled up as a slow cooker & deep frier making the best shnitzels this side of the western front. not sure how this affected profits though.

though i am surprised there isnt a cooking thread on here....cooking with dennis richards perhaps - a naked chef spoof.

eye of the tiger.

Dennis Richards is only good for burning Toast. :D

Yes native Indians are well known for using diced chicken breasts in their curry recipes due to the abundance of flavour therein. Cream is also widely used in curries in throughout India too. Excellent recipe. Your neighbours name ins't Mr Ben by any chance? Does he have a lot of nephews and nieces about?

Yes native Indians are well known for using diced chicken breasts in their curry recipes due to the abundance of flavour therein. Cream is also widely used in curries in throughout India too. Excellent recipe. Your neighbours name ins't Mr Ben by any chance? Does he have a lot of nephews and nieces about?

thats a bit harsh, cream is used in indian regions to add to curries, yoghurt & coconut cream/milk popular in certain regions.

and the difference between yoghurt & cream? not a lot really, fat content perhaps.

edit: its (yoghurt) also used in marinades.

blumenthal did an experiment once to see what was the best marinade base to use & concluded it was yoghurt as the experiments revealed it had 'penetrated' the meat more.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the bhuna and jalfrezi curries from Asda? Surprisingly good.

A chance discovery, but a most useful one.

Indeed the Banter is so Superlative that I'm considering cancelling my October fiesta to the Seychelles and relocating to Birmingham.......(y)

he doesnt live in birmingham, you know how i know that?

"when i lived in Birmingham"

i bet you were one of those kids at school who got everything wrong.

he doesnt live in birmingham, you know how i know that?

"when i lived in Birmingham"

i bet you were one of those kids at school who got everything wrong.

You're losing the Plot buddy.........I recommend a trip to the Maldives to freshen the mind. Can give you the place I stayed at.....(y)

In the meantine if I want to relocate to Birmingham I will do so without further reference to yourself, if thats ok with you.........

I bet you were one of those kids at school that was perpetually picked upon and are trying to address the balance in adult life.......:smart:

I'll get that holiday pad address to cheer you up.....:LOL:

I bet you were one of those kids at school that was perpetually picked upon and are trying to address the balance in adult life.......:smart:

nope, if that was the case i would have joined the army.

nope, if that was the case i would have joined the army.

So why didn't you........??
If that was an undignified pop at someone who served our country in the Fusiliers I would suggest you retract it immediately....Or I'll retract you.
Of course the true reason you would never have joined the Army is that you're a Coward who would prefer to back trawl members posts to try and find an angle.....

Man up buddy if you have an axe to grind.....

If that was an undignified pop at someone who served our country in the Fusiliers I would suggest you retract it immediately....Or I'll retract you.

haha woohay i got a threat to my life, come on then! give mike k a call, hes on his way over with some nazi mafia.

it was a remark indicating that people who have low self esteem, insecurity issues, whatever...which may or may not have come about from being bullied at school often make up for it by moving into macho careers, ones where they have control eg the police force, army etc and for the really uneducated - security for bailiffs, or doormen. silly me for not assuming you would misinterpret it.

your constant repeating of your hol destinations certainly indicates low self esteem, but it could just be a remedial soh thinking that it actually winds people up. either way i find it funny when you do post such crap, cos you just don't get it.

your 50k inheritance is prob on a drawdown of about 12.5% by now. thats good isnt it?

haha woohay i got a threat to my life, come on then! give mike k a call, hes on his way over with some nazi mafia.

it was a remark indicating that people who have low self esteem, insecurity issues, whatever...which may or may not have come about from being bullied at school often make up for it by moving into macho careers, ones where they have control eg the police force, army etc and for the really uneducated - security for bailiffs, or doormen. silly me for not assuming you would misinterpret it.

your constant repeating of your hol destinations certainly indicates low self esteem, but it could just be a remedial soh thinking that it actually winds people up. either way i find it funny when you do post such crap, cos you just don't get it.

your 50k inheritance is prob on a drawdown of about 12.5% by now. thats good isnt it?

What you talking about Willis...

The smartest man in America is a Bouncer - Christopher Langan. He was bullied though, so you do have a point.

Of course the true reason you would never have joined the Army is that you're a Coward who would prefer to back trawl members posts to try and find an angle.....

Man up buddy if you have an axe to grind.....

You tell him Jungerns.

Utter Bollacks sunshine and YOU KNOW IT

You picked up on the fact I was in the Fusiliers and had an obnoxious snide dig that you thought I and no one else would notice........

Complete Loser sunshine......

Some subjects are off Banter no matter how much pish taking I or others may indulge in ok......

You crossed that line by having a go at a former career when I was in the Army.

What have YOU done for your country I wonder....??

You crossed that line by having a go at a former career when I was in the Army.

What have YOU done for your country I wonder....??

Protested the notion of an illegal war pushed onto the public through the guise of fighting terrorism that has cost hundreds of thousands of civilian lives and furthered the financial interests interests and resources of the US at a cost to the UK tax payer?

Could you just clear up a few points, please Benj? Do I go long on EU before or after mixing in the cream and paprika, and would you advise scaling out during chicken simmering, or just closing the lot when the pink fades? Also, without wishing to be presumptuous, am I right in thinking that onion translucency is a valuable leading indicator, for late trading in the US banking sector particularly?

Thanks for sharing.

You reckon there's a "curry correlation"?? :LOL:

Youre mad charnock!