Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

I've watched a recording of one of his recent FX Street webinars, on The Hare's recommendation.

It was utterly hilarious - I was (literally, for once used correctly) laughing out loud. The torrent of garbage that came out of this idiot - I can understand very green noobs being taken in (just about), but even if you knew nothing about trading his manner should have told you that he is simply an enthusiastic bullsh1t merchant.

One other thing struck me very forcibly. He did not actually do anything aggressive or particularly nasty. However, there was something in his voice, the tone of his replies, little things of that sort that are hard to pin down exactly, that gave me a very strong impression of a distinctly nasty piece of work. It seemed as though he was consciously wearing the persona of an honest and caring man, and that it was a tremendous struggle for him to prevent it from slipping.

He is someone that I would generally be at pains to avoid having dealings with. He seems to me to be not only slippery but also mildly sinister as well.

From what I have been told, by many - you have it spot on!

Baghdady is not just fraudulent and deceptive he is also rather nasty. Threats were made against many people who challenged or crossed him and his treatment of staff (former staff) is nothing short of criminal.

In case anyone forgets, he actually assaulted his former VP of Sales in the office in front of others.

He fired a number of people without justification, notice or due process. Like someone from the dark ages.

What he has ensured as a consequence of all these things are many, many eyes watching and waiting for him wherever he surfaces. When you are reading this Baghdady, you brought it all upon yourself.

I've watched a recording of one of his recent FX Street webinars, on The Hare's recommendation.

It was utterly hilarious - I was (literally, for once used correctly) laughing out loud. The torrent of garbage that came out of this idiot - I can understand very green noobs being taken in (just about), but even if you knew nothing about trading his manner should have told you that he is simply an enthusiastic bullsh1t merchant.

One other thing struck me very forcibly. He did not actually do anything aggressive or particularly nasty. However, there was something in his voice, the tone of his replies, little things of that sort that are hard to pin down exactly, that gave me a very strong impression of a distinctly nasty piece of work. It seemed as though he was consciously wearing the persona of an honest and caring man, and that it was a tremendous struggle for him to prevent it from slipping.

He is someone that I would generally be at pains to avoid having dealings with. He seems to me to be not only slippery but also mildly sinister as well.

I reckon Black Swan can take him lol.

I'm guessing the webinar is moderated so none of the good lulz posts or links will get through. Anyone know for sure?

Peter

I reckon Black Swan can take him lol.

From what I hear, Black Swan can take anyone. He's a double hard northern ba$tard.

I think he trades one pair, off the 2 - 4 hr TF, circa 50 pip stop. Sometimes he trades off the smalls, he can trade anything of course. He'd beat you up and then check on his swing trades, closing out for a circa 100 pip profit. Then he'd pop out for a bike ride or a swim with some decision makers at a top SB firm.

He's got his nut in the game you see son, he's match-hardened. I mean, kinell mate bud, it's not rocket science is it, our industry the zeitgeist. Indicators work because they were fookin invented by mathematical geniuses. Now run along you damaged grab pips fly under the radar spreading the madness across this suite of forums. Bless...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys will probably all get kicked out!!!

Peter

Yes they will eventually. There are two possible results from this. Firstly enough information will get out to warn the new victims and he won't get anyone to sign up. Secondly he will discover what is happening in advance and cancel the webinar and still won't get any sign ups.

When he advertises the next webinars we do the same again and again and again.

Yes they will eventually. There are two possible results from this. Firstly enough information will get out to warn the new victims and he won't get anyone to sign up. Secondly he will discover what is happening in advance and cancel the webinar and still won't get any sign ups.

When he advertises the next webinars we do the same again and again and again.

He clearly monitors this thread, or at least has done so in the past. Perhaps he should just come on here and answer the list of questions raised? Then I am sure that everyone could see it was all just a misunderstanding, and that he is in fact a great trader and as honest as the day is long.

I'm sure that's how it would go.

He clearly monitors this thread, or at least has done so in the past. Perhaps he should just come on here and answer the list of questions raised? Then I am sure that everyone could see it was all just a misunderstanding, and that he is in fact a great trader and as honest as the day is long.

I'm sure that's how it would go.

Oh he monitors this site very closely and thats the good part.
In the past he has had underlings to do as instructed and post on his behlaf. Just look back at some of the very inaccuate and now embarrassing posts made by members of Training Traders or Spyglass staff. Malcolm Steel is an example to revel in.

He has never come on to this forum or any other to my knowledge to make a statement or to correct something that has been written about himself or his methods.

Coward springs to mind.

Last edited:
Oh he monitors this sight very closely and thats the good part.
In the past he has had underlings to do as instructed and post on his behlaf. Just look back at some of the very inaccuate and now embarrassing posts made by members of Training Traders or Spyglass staff. Malcolm Steel is an example to revel in.

He has never come on to this forum or any other to my knowledge to make a statement or to correct something that has been written about himself or his methods.

Coward springs to mind.

No he was on here a lot a couple of years ago. Of course it was a disaster and he then got T2W to delete the threads.

No he was on here a lot a couple of years ago. Of course it was a disaster and he then got T2W to delete the threads.

I think he got others to come on here. In fact I have spoken to a couple of those who did that at his request (instruction).
Remember the crazy rantings of Zenith???
I have never seen a post directly from Baghdady although I would dearly love to see one now.

I think he got others to come on here. In fact I have spoken to a couple of those who did that at his request (instruction).
I have never seen a post directly from Baghdady although I would dearly love to see one now.

No it was him, I offended him in arabic and he lost the plot انت حمار

Capital sport!

I mentioned a couple of days ago that someone put a mildly negative post on the turtle facebook page. This has now been removed. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Come on Sagghers, you old booby! Come and explain to your critics why they are wrong.

You have nothing to fear - you are the greatest living expert in something or other that's been made up, you are a world champion of some crap, whatever it was, you were head trader at the NYBOT even though you were only registered there for 20 minutes or however it went.

Speak up, and silence these jackals snapping at the heels of the mighty trading lion!

Oh he monitors this sight very closely and thats the good part.

Coward springs to mind.

site

:LOL:

Please tell me you kept a copy of the exchange and that you will send it to me via PM. Please!

It was on one of the threads that got deleted. He was pretending to be able to speak several languages and someone who spoke Italian thought that he was using google translate because his Italian was rubbish, then I got onto google translate and called him a donkey in arabic.